LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

Make the 49ers Great Again Mock

• GEEK
  • Veteran
First off, Jed York is an open Hillary Clinton supporter. So no wonder why she lost the election yesterday...including 5 previously blue states turn red. Sounds like Baalke was her campaign manager.

Now that President-Elect Trump is beginning the process to put his staff and cabinet together, here's my mock on how we're going to make the 49ers great again.

#1: We're going to get rid of the bad people: O'Neil, Kaepernick, Gabbert, Wilhoite, Bellore, Dorsey, Purcell, Bell, and Draughn...gone.

#2: We're going to build a strong defense: Ed Donatell - new DC - 49ers. Former DB coach for us under Fangio, and now the DB coach in CHI.

#3: We're going to make some great deals...believe me:

- Trade 2nd round pick for Patriots Jimmy Garoppolo - QB - Patriots
- Resign Dawson, McDonald, Kerley, Harris, Hodges, Armstrong, and Ponder.
- Free agency: Bennie Logan - NT - Eagles; Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Vikings; Cornelius Washington - DT/DE - Bears; Stepfan Taylor - RB - Cards
- Extend: Aaron Lynch, Eric Reid, Carlos Hyde, Daniel Kilgore

#4: We're going to create new jobs...through the draft. And we're going to make other teams pay for it.

NFL Draft -

R1: Myles Garrett - DE/OLB - Texas A&M | No brainer pick right here. Starts out in an Aldon Smith pass rushing role and moves to a starting role.

49ers trade 4th, 6th, 2018 2nd round pick and Tank Carradine for Cowboys 1st round pick

R1: Corey Davis - WR - Western Michigan (via DAL) | Another no brainer pick right here. Critical need addressed at the WR unit.

R3: Kendell Beckworth - ILB - LSU | Day 1 starter next to Bowman at ILB. Armstrong and Hodges as depth.

R4: Jeremy Sprinkles - TE - Arkansas (comp) | Goodbye Blake Bell. Hello Sprinkles...mhmmmm Sprinkles...

R5: Ejuan Price - DE/LB - Pitt | He could be the next Elvis Dumervil. Undersized pass rusher, but could be a gem.

R5: Lucas Crowley - C/OG - UNC (via WAS)| Goodbye Marcus Martin. Hello Crowley.

49ers trade 6th round pick for Jets Bryce Petty - QB.

R6: Erik Magnuson - OT - Michigan | Competition and depth at tackle.

R7: Obi Melifonwu - DB/LB - Connecticut (via CLE) | Developmental ILB.

R7: Dare Ogunbowale - RB - Wisconsin | Large RB as a reserve and ST player.

#5 - We're going to make the 49ers great again!

QB: Garoppolo*/Petty*/Ponder
RB: Hyde/Harris/Taylor*/Ogunbowale*
TE: McDonald/Celek/Sprinkles*

WR: Smith/Rogers
WR: Davis*/Patterson*
WR: Kerley/Smelter

LT: Staley/Magnunson*
LG: Beadles/Cooper
C: Kilgore/Crowley*
RG: Garnett
RT: Brown/Theus

LE: Armstead/Blair
NT: Logan*/Dial
RE: Buckner/Washington*

OLB: Garrett*/Brooks
ILB: Bowman/Hodges
ILB: Beckworth*/Armstrong
OLB: Lynch/Harold/Price*

CB: Brock/Robinson/Reaser
CB: Ward/Redmond/Shephard*
FS: Reid/Johnson
SS: Bethea/Tartt

ST: Dawson, Pinion, Nelson
[ Edited by GEEK on Nov 10, 2016 at 6:55 AM ]
so you trade our 2nd to NE and Dallas?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AlmighT49er:
so you trade our 2nd to NE and Dallas?

We made Mexico pay for it? Yeah...oops. Let me edit.
Sick metaphor for your plan, but decent mock.
I'm sold off Davis and Garrett alone in the draft
Dude listen to Brady's wife and stick to football.
Let's hope Trump's plan looks as good as this one.

Not sure how realistic your trade is but if we can walk away with Garrett, Garoppolo and Corey Davis I'd call that a win.
Nice work Geek, we should be competitive in 2017 with this plan if Garoppolo is the real deal.
How is Dorsey a bad player? He's coming off an injury and is just now getting back into football shape. When healthy, he's been pretty solid at NT. I like the NT Logan signing, but who'll back him up? If you're thinking Dial, I'm not sure that's good enough. Dial's been pushed around all season.

I don't get Cornelius Washington as a FA...not when Vance Walker, Kendall Reyes, Chris Baker, Ziggy Hood and others have shown more productivity. My choice would be Walker, from Denver...he's a rising star.

I'd opt to promote Kelvin Taylor rather than spend $$ on Stephan. I'd also draft RB Brian Hill (Wyo)...he's 3rd in the nation in per game avg (144 yds +) and is a beastly runner.

Overall, though, very ambitious mock...I like the vast majority of your projected moves.
Good mock
Unfortunately York is a supporter of the 49ers too. So we're doomed and this very logical and easy plan to follow plan will be upset by someone in a leadership role with no experience.

That trade would never happen. Picks for later years lose value and Tank Carradine has no value.

I like the mock though but those couple trades would have to be a bit different.
Me gusta.
Is there room for Alshon Jeffery on your FA list? I just want to see the All 6'3 WR group Jeffery's/Patterson/Davis/Rogers .. But overall i like your draft thinking and wont be mad if it goes down like this.
Good mock and I appreciate your humor.

Would love to get Garrett!
Love the concept lol...if it magically went down like this I'd be pumped
Share 49ersWebzone