There are 433 users in the forums

Tim Williams, Alabama - LB

Im not sure if hes high up on lynchs board. Foster is already a character, but tim is a whole other story. He would be perfect for a LEO though.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Im not sure if hes high up on lynchs board. Foster is already a character, but tim is a whole other story. He would be perfect for a LEO though.

Ozzie > John.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

Ozzie > John.

Yea, our rookie GM is not as good as a HOF GM. Oh no...
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Ozzie > John.

Yea, our rookie GM is not as good as a HOF GM. Oh no...

Ok. Ozzie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> John.

They could've taken a guy who might be able to win the STARTING LEO position & even played with Foster; instead, he takes a guy who will probably be about 5th on the CB depth chart.

Pat Elflein would've been a better pick, too. Could've possibly started at C.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Apr 30, 2017 at 2:40 AM ]
Ok. Ozzie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> John.

They could've taken a guy who might be able to win the STARTING LEO position & even played with Foster; instead, he takes a guy who will probably be about 5th on the CB depth chart.

lol, listen to local Baltimore sports radio and they aren't to happy with ozzie
Originally posted by footballxpaul:

lol, listen to local Baltimore sports radio and they aren't to happy with ozzie

Sports radio doesn't have a f***ing clue about the NFL draft. Nerds do. That's what GMs are; they're professional nerds.

I've gone on record saying what picks I would've made since 2004 (the day of the draft), and my picks have been much, much better than the 49ers' actual picks. I'm a draft nerd, and I obsess over this kind of thing. And I'm telling you that Marlon Humphrey will be a pro-bowl-caliber CB, Tyus Bowser will be a staple of a great defense for years, and Tim Williams is just too much up-side not to risk a 3rd-round pick when you have a need (Chris Wormley was a solid, need pick).

If Tim Williams doesn't get into trouble, there's almost no way Ahkello Witherspoon will be considered more valuable to a defense.

Potential 10-sack guy >>> a solid, big CB.

Absolutely agree on taking a true LEO.

I was also hoping for a C early on for Kyle. But I'm guessing Kyle didn't see a Center work taking that early, otherwise he would have grabbed one since it's so important for his offense.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

Absolutely agree on taking a true LEO.

I was also hoping for a C early on for Kyle. But I'm guessing Kyle didn't see a Center work taking that early, otherwise he would have grabbed one since it's so important for his offense.

Elflein might be the best option they had at C. I think he's better than Ethan Pocic, whom Seattle took 11 picks earlier. And it's weird that Kyle didn't get a C because it was Alex Mack who propelled the Falcons' offense from good to great, and the Niners' interior OL sucks.
Elflein might be the best option they had at C. I think he's better than Ethan Pocic, whom Seattle took 11 picks earlier. And it's weird that Kyle didn't get a C because it was Alex Mack who propelled the Falcons' offense from good to great, and the Niners' interior OL sucks.

Yea exactly my point with your mack comment. Shanny and Hoyer were having a real solid year in Cleveland. 7 td and 1 pick through 5 games. Then mack went down and the offense fell apart. That's how important centers are for him.

Knowing all that and Kyle still didn't take one when we really need a young one shows that he didn't see one worth taking most likely.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

Yea exactly my point with your mack comment. Shanny and Hoyer were having a real solid year in Cleveland. 7 td and 1 pick through 5 games. Then mack went down and the offense fell apart. That's how important centers are for him.

Knowing all that and Kyle still didn't take one when we really need a young one shows that he didn't see one worth taking most likely.

I don't think they would throw a rookie out there considering the complexity of Shanahan's offense. I think they are comfortable with the veterans Zuttah and Kilgore fighting it out for the starting spot, especially while we are in the first year installing his offense. I'm sure getting a top C will be on their to do list next year.

We are not gething everything in a single year. Plus we also took our risky pick. No way I'm blowing a 3rd on a guy who is a character risk after we already took one in the 1st, possibly two (Joe Williams) depending on your perspective.

Oh no, we passed on a Leo with gun charges and multiple failed drug tests......idiot GM.
Sports radio doesn't have a f***ing clue about the NFL draft.

Lol like you know better? I'm telling you Ozzie has been lackluster drafting in recent years... Matt Elam or Perriman ring a bell? Lynch literally just started you can't compare the two yet on an untested draft
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Sports radio doesn't have a f***ing clue about the NFL draft.

Lol like you know better?

Yes, I f***ing know better about the NFL draft than people in sports radio. Those people are entertainers, not football nerds. I worked in sports radio, so I know what goes into what they do.

And cherry-picking a few bad, Ozzie picks is really dumb logic. Bill Walsh, Jimmy Johnson, Ron Wolf & so on all picked busts.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on May 3, 2017 at 10:40 PM ]

Ozzie > John.

Lol that shouldnt be a knock on Lynch at all. Ozzie has been in the business for a while and has done a fantastic job finding value in his picks.

Personally, Williams wouldve been the perfect LEO but I wouldn't take the flyer on him. People here were concerned about Fosters spat with the hospital nurse, but the first pic you see when you google tim williams is his mug shot. Foster is just a riled up emotional kid, Williams actually has a criminal record.
Share 49ersWebzone