LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 157 users in the forums

Tim Williams, Alabama - LB

Discuss…OLB is a big need. If Niners miss out on Myles Garrett, is he the next target? The article compared him to have Derek Thomas like edge pass rush abilities. Thoughts?

http://ninernoise.com/2016/11/09/49ers-get-tim-williams-first-picks-mock-nfl-draft/

Mods: If there is a thread already please merge, did not find one using the search option.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Tim Williams is good, but he's NO TOP 5..

Plus, I think we need ILB more than another OLB..
He had an arrest this year for pot and gun possession (no permit). They apparently belonged to his friend "Brandon Chicken."

On the football side, he did seem to hold up well against Zach Banner (#73).

IF Cleveland snipes our pick of Myles Garrett, I would be ok with him, provided we made a trade with Tennessee for their 1st rounders and the other 1st rounder used on Foster or Beckwith.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
This is one of those prospects where they have top 20 talent but could possibly fall to the 2nd round due to off field issues. I'd be shocked if he was drafted by the 9ers.
Looked really good today, fast off the edge.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
This is one of those prospects where they have top 20 talent but could possibly fall to the 2nd round due to off field issues. I'd be shocked if he was drafted by the 9ers.

Your right niners aren't gonna touch this guy and he will be a solid starter in the league for a yrs.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Your right niners aren't gonna touch this guy and he will be a solid starter in the league for a yrs.

Wouldn't be the first time that has happened. Lol
A southeast area scout told The MMQB's Albert Breer Alabama edge rusher Tim Williams will drop in the draft due to "off-field stuff."

Williams was arrested in September on gun charges. We all know how great of a pass rusher Williams is. His impact on the field is astronomical despite playing fewer snaps than edge rushers on other teams. Do not get it twisted, Williams is solid against the run as well and still should land in the first round.
Would rather take Tak McKinley who doesnt have the off the field concerns.

This mofo was mia the whole damn game....draft stock dropping to hell lol
his teammate ryan anderson showed up, tho. he displayed some really nice hand technique as he ran the arc for a sack.
Bama might have won if this guy had shown up tonight. Jonathan Allen wasnt very special either.
eek

Charlie Campbell
‏@DraftCampbell
Per sources #Alabama DE Tim Williams failed many drug tests, has Randy Gregory type problem. Could slip to Round 2:
Originally posted by Heroism:
eek

Yeah screw that.
Share 49ersWebzone