LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

9MOON'S 2017 WEEKLY DRAFT (8TH)

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
AGAIN,,,, at this moment, do you see any QB out there that's worth taking 2nd overall??

and again, the mock draft above is straight, no trades being done..

and i'd like to know who you have us taking w/the 2nd overall pick IF Garrett goes to the Browns w/the 1st overall??

.. and as far as being a Bengal fan, my bad on that part, I was thinking of then Bengals safety (SOLOMON)

Yes.
  • evil
  • Veteran
AGAIN,,,, at this moment, do you see any QB out there that's worth taking 2nd overall??

and i'd like to know who you have us taking w/the 2nd overall pick IF Garrett goes to the Browns w/the 1st overall??

.. and as far as being a Bengal fan, my bad on that part, I was thinking of then Bengals safety (SOLOMON)

Do you not think it is contradictory to the fact that you have 2 guys who are good enough to go 3rd and 5th overall but not good enough to go 2nd overall ?
Fournett could easily be the best player in this draft so I'm not against it. People forget how dependent chips offense is on the running game, and how well he used multiple running backs. a better running game would help create longer drives and gives our defense a chance to rest. There are no sure fire top prospects at QB which is the riskiest position to draft. Everyone loved Goff but we haven't seen anything from him yet.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Draftology:
I wouldn't mind this pick at all. Would you pass on Adrian Peterson for Joe Flacco? I know that's very extreme, but Fournette really could be a Peterson-caliber running back. At this point, very few experts have high first round grades on any QB's. Obviously that could change (see Carson Wentz), but if there's a franchise-changing non-QB, I wouldn't want to pass on him in favor of a QB who we project to be an above-average NFL QB.

I would take Garrett, Fournette, or Peppers over any of the QB's at this point.

Which of those guys has a SB ring?

And yes I would. Joe Flacco may not be Tom Brady but he makes the Ravens a much better team than Adrian Peterson.

Fournette is a great player but all you have to do is look at the Rams to see you can't win with a dominant RB and crap QB in today's NFL. Hell we beat them...

And was Wentz a top 2 pick at this point last year? Was Goff? He has 2 QBs going top 5...but you think the grade on Fournette is THAT much higher that you'd advocate selecting him at #2 overall given our roster?

I wouldn't be able to follow this team until the GM who makes that pick is gone. I thought the Cowboys made a terrible move but they at least had a good QB on the roster and a superb OL and a stud WR and good skill players so with that pick they pretty much knew they would have a very balanced and difficult to stop offense.

We'd still have an awful QB, a middle tier OL and crap for WRs and teams would stack the box just like they did against Gore.
Wentz didn't enter the picture for the top pick until around December. This time last year, he was hurt. And I knew someone would say that about Flacco - substitute Alex Smith, Sam Bradford, or some other middle of the road QB.

You can't take a QB at the top of the 1st round just because you need a QB. If we truly have a high first round grade on one of the QB's, I'm totally with you. Let's take him. But, at this point, it doesn't look like that will happen. We cannot do what the Vikings did with Christian Ponder.

Based on everything I've read about this QB class, the guys available at the beginning of the second will not be much worse than the guys that are going to be taken at the top of the first. You cannot say that about the difference between Garrett, Fournette, and Peppers vs other players at their positions going in the second round.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:

Do you not think it is contradictory to the fact that you have 2 guys who are good enough to go 3rd and 5th overall but not good enough to go 2nd overall ?

Contradicotry?? not really, or not in this case.

You see, if you aren't sold on Watson and Trubisky, why would you take them?

At this moment, I couldn't trust any of the two for Chip Kelly and the 49ers... I mean, I just haven't seen enough IT on them to make me wanna say, their by guys.. so, since I 'don't have them on my top 5 either, I will go with L4 and roll w/him.

I believe that this is the draft where we can not roll any dice on any player that aren't very convincing.. if there more than one Question Mark on him, I would pass and either trade down or get the next best player available..
many scouts are concerned about fournette's running style translating to the pros. good chance he ends up just as injury ridden as hyde. no thanks.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 10, 2016 at 1:37 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
You believe those scouts over what you see on TV when you watch him play?

Many times, those scouts, especially the ones who are working for NFL teams and drafting in the middle of round one, are the same scouts who are saying all those negative things so that they have a chance on selecting the player..

Sometimes, it's all about MARKETING as well.. players, and their agents would pay certain media to either knock a player down or hyper up another..
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Pretty lame mock

Pretty lame response..

Why don't you tell me what's on your mind and who you believe would be a better choice?

or at least do your own mock so we can compare which of the two would be more lame?

No??

Are you a Bengal fan???

Uh, no, not a bengals fan, did you look at my handle?

Since you asked.

I find your mock to be nothing more than a list and a 1/2 list at that. There is no conceivable way the Niners would draft Fournette. They will have no QBs on the roster and need help at many other positions far more important at this point than RB.

Who said anything about picking a qb with the 2nd overall pick.

Much will depend on who is doing the picking and who the Head Coach is. It's not a stretch to think both Baalke and Kelly are gone.

After Garrett I would look at either Allen or Peppers, who knows...a trade would be a distinct possibility. If they moved down about 5, 6 picks they could probably get a couple 1st rounders and 2nd. I would be ok with that approach, we need players, lots of players.

One thing is certain, we have to draft Luke Falk somehow, just not with the 2nd overall
You know it's bad when you have a weekly draft

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Pretty lame mock

Pretty lame response..

Why don't you tell me what's on your mind and who you believe would be a better choice?

or at least do your own mock so we can compare which of the two would be more lame?

No??

Are you a Bengal fan???

Uh, no, not a bengals fan, did you look at my handle?

Since you asked.

I find your mock to be nothing more than a list and a 1/2 list at that. There is no conceivable way the Niners would draft Fournette. They will have no QBs on the roster and need help at many other positions far more important at this point than RB.

Who said anything about picking a qb with the 2nd overall pick.

Much will depend on who is doing the picking and who the Head Coach is. It's not a stretch to think both Baalke and Kelly are gone.

After Garrett I would look at either Allen or Peppers, who knows...a trade would be a distinct possibility. If they moved down about 5, 6 picks they could probably get a couple 1st rounders and 2nd. I would be ok with that approach, we need players, lots of players.

One thing is certain, we have to draft Luke Falk somehow, just not with the 2nd overall
Glad you shared your opinion..

and if you prefer Allen or Peppers, then more power to you..

But drafting Allen or Peppers, what does that tell you about AA, Bucko, Reid and Tartt??

Do you believe that the line up of:

Allen (1st) & Falk (2nd)

Peppers (1st) & Falk (2nd)

will improve the team over...

Fournette (1st) & Grappolo/Rome (trade) ??
Originally posted by NTeply49:
Fournett could easily be the best player in this draft so I'm not against it. People forget how dependent chips offense is on the running game, and how well he used multiple running backs. a better running game would help create longer drives and gives our defense a chance to rest. There are no sure fire top prospects at QB which is the riskiest position to draft. Everyone loved Goff but we haven't seen anything from him yet.

THIS is the fact that everyone is ignoring. or either too blind to see or acknowledge. everyones just on the "oh no our QB sucks we need to draft the first available guy" hype train. thats the perfect way to set your rebuild back ANOTHER 5 years, by drafting a player just because you desperately need someone at his position.

if were gonna do this right we need to get the right guy not the first guy
Fournette is overrated as an all-around prospect. I don't think he is top 5 value. I'd take Elliott 100/100 over LF
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
did you feel that way about Elliott before the draft??

Because at one point, I had us (49ers) taking Ez E with the 7th overall pick OVER Bucko and I also remember everyone laughed at my posts..

I wonder if you were one of them??
If we have traded our #2 to the Patriots for Garprappallappaopaloala I could live with this.
Share 49ersWebzone