LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 207 users in the forums

9MOON'S 2017 WEEKLY DRAFT (8TH)

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
id put a hole through my TV if this happened

bet you wont..
I'm not against drafting him, I just think we could trade back 2 or 3 picks with some team wanting a QB or Allen grab a 1st or couple 2's and still draft him.
[ Edited by stonecold590 on Nov 9, 2016 at 7:10 PM ]
I'm no expert but I think the browns are going to win one game. That will cause us to leapfrog them and we take Garrett.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I wish we had avatars that showed it was farting or taking a dump

I wouldn't want to draft NT in the 1st round, but if Baalkaca did, I wouldn't trip. BUT if we get a RB in the 1st, that should get him fired on the spot.

We are desperate for QB, WR, LBs and NT more than anything. HOWEVER, if Baalkaca addresses most our needs in FA, then I wouldn't mind getting Fournette that early.
[ Edited by LVJay on Nov 9, 2016 at 8:28 PM ]
No please
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
WHAT we need to realize is the fact that there isn't a Peyton-Luck type of QB up to this point ... and if there's one, the Browns with the 1st overall pick the kid...

Below are my TOP 5 PLAYERS regardless of position.

1) Myles Garrett
2) Leonard Fournette
3) Jabrill Peppers
4) Jonathan Allen
5) Derek Barnett
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stonecold590:
I'm not against drafting him, I just think we could trade back 2 or 3 picks with some team wanting a QB or Allen grab a 1st or couple 2's and still draft him.

Fournette wont be able to get out of the top 5... Jagz and the Jets would love to have him..
Lock this
Lol
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
ok, glad to see all the replies.. but below are my reasons as to why I have FOURNETTE..

1) This mock does not includes any trade (will get there later on)

2) IMO, there isn't any QB worth 1st nor 2nd..the next DL/Pass Rusher is a DROP OFF after Garrett

3) No Julio or AJ Green neither

4) take the 2nd coming of Adrian Peterson.. Carlos Hurt isn't the answer, so the least we can do is help out who ever our QB next year is..

5) Aside a great OL, a young QB's best friend is a great running game.

Valid reasons. And I agree 100% with number 1

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fan49:
ok, glad to see all the replies.. but below are my reasons as to why I have FOURNETTE..

1) This mock does not includes any trade (will get there later on)

2) IMO, there isn't any QB worth 1st nor 2nd..the next DL/Pass Rusher is a DROP OFF after Garrett

3) No Julio or AJ Green neither

4) take the 2nd coming of Adrian Peterson.. Carlos Hurt isn't the answer, so the least we can do is help out who ever our QB next year is..

5) Aside a great OL, a young QB's best friend is a great running game.

Valid reasons. And I agree 100% with number 1

Number 3 might be right, but I wouldn't doubt we can get a WR early who can outplay any of the jokers we have now (even TS)... eventually developing into a true number 1 WR.

4 =
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Lock this

Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Pretty lame mock

Pretty lame response..

Why don't you tell me what's on your mind and who you believe would be a better choice?

or at least do your own mock so we can compare which of the two would be more lame?

No??

Are you a Bengal fan???

Uh, no, not a bengals fan, did you look at my handle?

Since you asked.

I find your mock to be nothing more than a list and a 1/2 list at that. There is no conceivable way the Niners would draft Fournette. They will have no QBs on the roster and need help at many other positions far more important at this point than RB.
[ Edited by DaveWilcox on Nov 10, 2016 at 7:16 AM ]
Originally posted by Draftology:
I wouldn't mind this pick at all. Would you pass on Adrian Peterson for Joe Flacco? I know that's very extreme, but Fournette really could be a Peterson-caliber running back. At this point, very few experts have high first round grades on any QB's. Obviously that could change (see Carson Wentz), but if there's a franchise-changing non-QB, I wouldn't want to pass on him in favor of a QB who we project to be an above-average NFL QB.

I would take Garrett, Fournette, or Peppers over any of the QB's at this point.

Which of those guys has a SB ring?

And yes I would. Joe Flacco may not be Tom Brady but he makes the Ravens a much better team than Adrian Peterson.

Fournette is a great player but all you have to do is look at the Rams to see you can't win with a dominant RB and crap QB in today's NFL. Hell we beat them...

And was Wentz a top 2 pick at this point last year? Was Goff? He has 2 QBs going top 5...but you think the grade on Fournette is THAT much higher that you'd advocate selecting him at #2 overall given our roster?

I wouldn't be able to follow this team until the GM who makes that pick is gone. I thought the Cowboys made a terrible move but they at least had a good QB on the roster and a superb OL and a stud WR and good skill players so with that pick they pretty much knew they would have a very balanced and difficult to stop offense.

We'd still have an awful QB, a middle tier OL and crap for WRs and teams would stack the box just like they did against Gore.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Pretty lame mock

Pretty lame response..

Why don't you tell me what's on your mind and who you believe would be a better choice?

or at least do your own mock so we can compare which of the two would be more lame?

No??

Are you a Bengal fan???

Uh, no, not a bengals fan, did you look at my handle?

Since you asked.

I find your mock to be nothing more than a list and a 1/2 list at that. There is no conceivable way the Niners would draft Fournette. They will have no QBs on the roster and need help at many other positions far more important at this point than RB.

AGAIN,,,, at this moment, do you see any QB out there that's worth taking 2nd overall??

and again, the mock draft above is straight, no trades being done..

and i'd like to know who you have us taking w/the 2nd overall pick IF Garrett goes to the Browns w/the 1st overall??

.. and as far as being a Bengal fan, my bad on that part, I was thinking of then Bengals safety (SOLOMON)
[ Edited by 9moon on Nov 10, 2016 at 9:47 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone