LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Dalvin Cook--RB--FSU

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Depends what team they go to. If Fournette goes to the Bears or Jets he will be facing stacked boxes while if Cook goes to the Colts which I hope he goes to cause Luck needs major help he will have a huge rookie year. I like Chubb in round 2-3

Which most likely happens to Fournette....man the colts need help with that OL vs another offensive skilled player, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the pick.

I didn't watch Chubb much this year, I like Gallman for us in the 3rd or 4th. This draft is ridiculous at RB

Wouldn't mind Chubb or Gallman, and yeah this is the best group of RBs maybe ever to be in 1 draft..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Chubb in the 3rd to niners would be nice..

Probably won't happen but a guy can dream. Garrett, Jimmy G, Chubb. We wouldn't be in last place next year. Would easily improve to 3rd in the NFC West.
Depends what team they go to. If Fournette goes to the Bears or Jets he will be facing stacked boxes while if Cook goes to the Colts which I hope he goes to cause Luck needs major help he will have a huge rookie year. I like Chubb in round 2-3

Which most likely happens to Fournette....man the colts need help with that OL vs another offensive skilled player, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the pick.

I didn't watch Chubb much this year, I like Gallman for us in the 3rd or 4th. This draft is ridiculous at RB

I haven't watched to much on offensive lineman but from initial mock drafts it seems like this draft is weak at O Lineman.

Wouldn't mind Chubb or Gallman, and yeah this is the best group of RBs maybe ever to be in 1 draft..

This is just a loaded draft. Very weak at QB but man TE, RB, CB, OLB, Safety all are completely loaded.
Chubb in the 3rd to niners would be nice..

Probably won't happen but a guy can dream. Garrett, Jimmy G, Chubb. We wouldn't be in last place next year. Would easily improve to 3rd in the NFC West.

Throw in either Alshon or Pryor, Williams from Baltimore and an ILB in FA and I'm aboard

This is just a loaded draft. Very weak at QB but man TE, RB, CB, OLB, Safety all are completely loaded.

Which is scary with Baalke bc when a position is loaded with talent in the draft he seems to not draft that position..WR for example 2 yrs in a row..wanted Landry, Mathews, Adams, Bryant, Stong, Crowder..and more I can't think of..I kno not all in the same draft but a year apart and both years full of talent and the niners waited until the 4th round both years..
Which is scary with Baalke bc when a position is loaded with talent in the draft he seems to not draft that position..WR for example 2 yrs in a row..wanted Landry, Mathews, Adams, Bryant, Stong, Crowder..and more I can't think of..I kno not all in the same draft but a year apart and both years full of talent and the niners waited until the 4th round both years..

Yeah he tends to think he knows better and goes against the grain. Such as drafting a bunch of Corners last year(Robinson has been solid though) with this draft class coming up is another confusing move.

Yeah he tends to think he knows better and goes against the grain. Such as drafting a bunch of Corners last year(Robinson has been solid though) with this draft class coming up is another confusing move.

Oh he will take a CB with the 4th comp..bet on it..but at least or hopefully the CB he takes would normally be 2nd round pick in any other draft..plus I'm not against it bc I'm tired of Brock and depth at CB is crucial now..
Oh he will take a CB with the 4th comp..bet on it..but at least or hopefully the CB he takes would normally be 2nd round pick in any other draft..plus I'm not against it bc I'm tired of Brock and depth at CB is crucial now..

Oh yeah I've been pounding the table to draft a CB this year. The depth at the position is just undeniable. Would love to send Brock packing and free up Ward to move around the Defense more. If Redmond can come in and be the Nickle corner we could have Reid playing SS and Ward at FS with a rookie and Robinson on the outside and have Tartt play at the Nickle ILB.
I haven't watched to much on offensive lineman but from initial mock drafts it seems like this draft is weak at O Lineman.

Yeah not stacked at OL but they need some serious help there...there defense sucks balls as well lol. I have seen him projected there a lot.

Yeah not stacked at OL but they need some serious help there...there defense sucks balls as well lol. I have seen him projected there a lot.

It's gonna suck whichever team wins that division. Colts Texans Jags and Titans all could realistically still win the division. Gonna be an expensive trip to the playoffs for one team though.

Oh yeah I've been pounding the table to draft a CB this year. The depth at the position is just undeniable. Would love to send Brock packing and free up Ward to move around the Defense more. If Redmond can come in and be the Nickle corner we could have Reid playing SS and Ward at FS with a rookie and Robinson on the outside and have Tartt play at the Nickle ILB.

Amen lol..i agree completely..wish DJ would get more PT..i think he can be good with more PT..
What do you think he's gonna be facing in the pros (stacked boxes)? Cook was that offense the past two yrs as well....Cook wasn't in some crap division either lol...He runs with great pad level shows up in big games and is a better receiver IMO.

I mean you could make a case Guice was just as good or if not better than Founette this yr (yes injuries) He has 406 more yards with only 28 more attempts, avg 8 YPC vs 6.5 for LF and had 6 more TDS.

Fournette is a beast don't get me wrong but if I had to choose between drafting him top 5 or Cook in the late teens I'd take Cook.

Both are gonna have good careers no doubt.

"In seven games this season, Fournette has rushed for 843 yards and scored eight touchdowns."

And that is with a high ankle sprain of some kind, Guice has looked good too but he is getting beat up too. Behind a good oline like the Cowboys he would probably rip off big plays.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
3rd and 22 and he goes for 71. Could be the best back in this draft.
[ Edited by Jcool on Dec 30, 2016 at 8:01 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
3rd and 22 and he goes for 71. Could be the best back in this draft.

Wish 49ers could draft this kid in the 2nd for sure, but he will be long gone
Share 49ersWebzone