LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

Jabrill Peppers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Right. Well sure.

Maybe this will help understand my point? You tend to deal with reality when you practice this motto or quote. Including me.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Sep 11, 2017 at 6:49 AM ]
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
He had 4 tackles. Let's wait till he has a great game before wanting to talk s**t. Cause he only had 4 tackles.

I've been saying it since day one, It's the norm to shoot him down.. That's the norm around here... Wait wait... Then when we wait... It's let's move on... Same s**t with Baalke.. We protected Baalke so long we let him destroy this team for years... (Lynch and Shanny has years of s**t to haul out and repair) until it was like it's a new era let's move on lol so conveniently

Wait. Wait move on.. You can't skip reflection, you learn from mistakes not cover them up. It's a trend around the country. If you don't learn from your mistakes you tend to repeat them. Our motto is wait,wait move on. Sad if you ask me.

What team has a better set of wr core than Pittsburgh right now?

I really like the Lions wide receivers. They have Tate working the slot and short game. Then they have two big bodied red zone threats that can stretch the field and win the 50/50 balls. Efron is a pretty athletic but unrefined pass catching tight end and Riddick is an awesome 3d down back catching passes out of the back field. If only they had a running game to keep teams honest, but I think they have a comparable WR core to pittsburgh
Originally posted by NTeply49:
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
He had 4 tackles. Let's wait till he has a great game before wanting to talk s**t. Cause he only had 4 tackles.

I've been saying it since day one, It's the norm to shoot him down.. That's the norm around here... Wait wait... Then when we wait... It's let's move on... Same s**t with Baalke.. We protected Baalke so long we let him destroy this team for years... (Lynch and Shanny has years of s**t to haul out and repair) until it was like it's a new era let's move on lol so conveniently

Wait. Wait move on.. You can't skip reflection, you learn from mistakes not cover them up. It's a trend around the country. If you don't learn from your mistakes you tend to repeat them. Our motto is wait,wait move on. Sad if you ask me.

What team has a better set of wr core than Pittsburgh right now?

I really like the Lions wide receivers. They have Tate working the slot and short game. Then they have two big bodied red zone threats that can stretch the field and win the 50/50 balls. Efron is a pretty athletic but unrefined pass catching tight end and Riddick is an awesome 3d down back catching passes out of the back field. If only they had a running game to keep teams honest, but I think they have a comparable WR core to pittsburgh

Antonio Brown and Martavis Bryant are much better than the top 2 WRs on the Lions and Rogers and Smith-Schuster should be pretty good this year as well so I'm going to disagree on that. People have been sleeping on Bryant, but he averaged 70 yards/game in 2015 and is both a deep ball threat and a redzone threat with his size and speed. I'm not saying he's Randy Moss, but he's the closest thing to him in the league right now and Brown is the best WR in the league.

Antonio Brown >>>> Golden Tate
Martavis Bryant >> Marvin Jones

Ebron >> James
Rogers, Smith-Schuster = Golladay, TJ Jones

Teams can't match up with Brown and Bryant which is probably one of the reasons why the running game has been so successful (if 2 guys are shadowing Brown and safeties are pinned back because Pittsburgh has ridiculous deep threats, that makes it a lot easier to run the ball).
I don't know how much of this is on Peppers but tight ends have gone off on Clv so far this year. So IF he's been guarding them it's not working.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I don't know how much of this is on Peppers but tight ends have gone off on Clv so far this year. So IF he's been guarding them it's not working.

"Jabrill Peppers playing way back to stop the deep ball"

http://www.news-herald.com/sports/20170921/jabrill-peppers-playing-way-back-to-stop-the-deep-ball
"Why Jabrill Peppers is Gregg Williams' angel"

BEREA, Ohio a It's been an educational week at the Browns facility. First, Joe Thomas schooled us on rushing efficiency. Then defensive coordinator Gregg Williams explained why he's playing safety Jabrill Peppers so deep.

Turns out, he's the only one on the D who's earned his wings.

"I've given every single defensive back a chance to prove that you can be the angel of this defense,'' Williams said. "The angel is the person who covers everybody else up. He's the angel. That's the big picture we have in our defensive team meeting room in the back of the room. Why is it in the back of the room and not in the front of the room? Because you're in the back of the defense and you have to be the angel.''

Williams, as seen in the video above, says even someone in the organization asked him why he's playing Peppers so deep.

"'Because I told him to,''' Williams responded. "If he no longer does what I tell him to do, he's going to be your intern or someone else's intern in the building. He is going to play where I tell him to play, and when you take a look at how well he has played, there have only been four passes thrown farther than 20 yards against us this year a two have been interceptions, one has been an incompletion and one was caught by (Steelers WR) Antonio Brown that still (ticks me off).

"That was a punt. That wasn't a throw. That ball should have been knocked down, carted off or turned over. No way should that pass have been complete. Jabrill is doing very well. He is doing very well.''

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/09/why_jabrill_peppers_is_gregg_w.html

He is doing what he is told.. 1 int ran back for 25 yards thus far. So it's working..
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Sep 22, 2017 at 10:22 PM ]
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Antonio Brown and Martavis Bryant are much better than the top 2 WRs on the Lions and Rogers and Smith-Schuster should be pretty good this year as well so I'm going to disagree on that. People have been sleeping on Bryant, but he averaged 70 yards/game in 2015 and is both a deep ball threat and a redzone threat with his size and speed. I'm not saying he's Randy Moss, but he's the closest thing to him in the league right now and Brown is the best WR in the league.

Antonio Brown >>>> Golden Tate
Martavis Bryant >> Marvin Jones

Ebron >> James
Rogers, Smith-Schuster = Golladay, TJ Jones

Teams can't match up with Brown and Bryant which is probably one of the reasons why the running game has been so successful (if 2 guys are shadowing Brown and safeties are pinned back because Pittsburgh has ridiculous deep threats, that makes it a lot easier to run the ball).

+1 Good call

Greg Williams knows what he has and Peppers is running free safety doing his job. 1 int run back for 25 yards in the back of the end zone and what from Gregg said, no one but Peppers stepped into that safety role.

If the coach says give the 5 and out routes and just worry about the deep ball.. If you want a job, you better listen to Mr. Williams.

"'Because I told him to,''' Williams responded. "If he no longer does what I tell him to do, he's going to be your intern or someone else's intern in the building. He is going to play where I tell him to play, and when you take a look at how well he has played, there have only been four passes thrown farther than 20 yards against us this year a two have been interceptions, one has been an incompletion and one was caught by (Steelers WR) Antonio Brown that still (ticks me off)."

, Impressive considering all the safety critics and Mr Sims for saying he was the most overrated rookie and the lady that said he wasn't going to last, he is on the lean..

He roaming free like that chicken in the Geico commercial. Free range, who would have thought he could do that? (On the road again)
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Sep 22, 2017 at 10:51 PM ]
Figured it was time bump this thread. Lot of crow has been cooked up.

Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

He been doing good or bad? Havent heard much lol.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Hard to judge the Browns defense when their offense really sucks!!!

..........then again the Browns have the 10th ranked defense.

If I were the Browns I'd do whatever it takes to get a good QB in there, and no I don't mean AJ McCarron!!! Kirk Cousins, Alex Smith, Drew Brees or even Eli Manning.....get it done or you guys might as well shut down football in Cleveland and just concentrate on your Indians!!!

He sucks. Completely out of position, yes, even if finally only asked to play one.

He sucks. Completely out of position, yes, even if finally only asked to play one.

Damnnnn.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Actually he has been good lately.
[ Edited by Jcool on Dec 6, 2017 at 6:13 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone