LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 163 users in the forums

Jabrill Peppers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by WINiner:
The woman says she has witnessed it personally. What more facts is possible beyond digital proof? That combined with the diluted sample, which is as good as a failed imo as these guys effing know what too much water is going to result in. You telling me it is SOOOOOOO important for a guy to perform at the combine that they are willing to risk a possible "failed sample"? What looks worse? "Peppers didn't quite perform as well as we had hoped, but he was feeling ill and we look forward to his pro-day" or "Peppers performed as expected, but he failed his drug test"?

Then he delayed his letter of participation a couple days, which could possibly allow for certain substances to leave ones system. All things combined, there is sufficient evidence to at least question.

Are these facts or more false narratives and opinions?
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jun 13, 2017 at 6:27 AM ]
"The great enemy of truth is very often not the lie--deliberate, contrived and dishonest--but the myth--persistent, persuasive and unrealistic. Too often we hold fast to the cliches of our forebears. We subject all facts to a prefabricated set of interpretations. We enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought"

[Commencement Address at Yale University, June 11 1962]

John F, Kennedy

Some could learn alot from this guy we called JFK, very smart man...
That goes for this thread, Harbaugh, York, Baalke and Kap's thread as well. I'm allergic to b******t.

"I'm not attacking posters but the lies we are all victims of" Our last real... president couldnt have put it into better words. 55 years ago.

Wake tha fuk up!
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jun 13, 2017 at 7:10 AM ]
Originally posted by genus49:
Why is one of the more active threads in the draft forum is about a kid drafted by another team?

Because it's awesome and I made this thread
How was his spring?
Peppers wasted no time in making his presence known out on the practice field. At rookie minicamp in May, he was all over the field and so particularly vocal that head coach Hue Jackson described him as an "energy bunny."
"Oh man," Jackson said with a wide smile. "He's a football player. I like Jabrill. What you saw is why we put him on the team."
"He likes playing the game. He likes to be around the football. He likes to be in the mix of it all," he continued. "Those are the kind of guys that we put on this team, and I'm excited about that."
By the end of offseason workouts, Peppers took reps at strong safety with the second- and third-team defense in OTAs and mandatory veteran minicamp. He'll have a chance to earn a first-team job come training camp later this month, but he and every player on the Browns' roster will have to earn their spot regardless of how they got to Cleveland.
To be sure, Peppers impressed the coaching staff, including assistant defensive backs coach Jerod Kruse, who works extensively with the team's safeties. Kruse spoke highly of Peppers and a "natural ability" to track things in space.
"If it involves a ball in everything he's done growing up in his life, he's been good at it. You name it, from rugby to soccer to baseball to football to basketball," Kruse said. "The kid has excelled at everything he's ever done. He just has naturally instinctive ability to understand space and movement."

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Rookie-Reflection-Browns-Jabrill-Peppers-starting-to-find-his-niche/bc117edd-e2f2-4623-adea-b4a75ff92743

To no surprise..
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jul 8, 2017 at 6:27 AM ]
I don't have a dog in this race, but are we supposed to be impressed that the team website had a positive article about one of their top draft picks?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Energy bunny ? Sounds like cocaine to me.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I don't have a dog in this race, but are we supposed to be impressed that the team website had a positive article about one of their top draft picks?

This, especially for a bad team like the Browns that needs to give their fans something to be optimistic about.

There have been rave reviews about all of the Browns early picks (Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, and Kizer). Kizer, Njoku, and Garrett are all taking some first team reps with Garrett and Njoku very likely to start. If I was a Browns fan, I'd be way more excited about those other 3 guys than Peppers. Njoku is going to be a very good TE in this league and Kizer could be a steal if he develops.

You nailed it!

Apparently so, since he is suppose to be on the lean and won't make it past the season.. I vote he makes it through

So I think quarterly updates is a plus or close to it?
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jul 8, 2017 at 5:10 PM ]
Can we move this to another forum now? Honestly do we need updates on Browns rookie camps? If he plays well we'll know about it once the games start. We don't need to track what his favorite music is or which flavor of Gatorade he likes best during training camp.

Originally posted by genus49:
Can we move this to another forum now? Honestly do we need updates on Browns rookie camps? If he plays well we'll know about it once the games start. We don't need to track what his favorite music is or which flavor of Gatorade he likes best during training camp.

First get rid of the Alex thread, then we can talk.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jul 9, 2017 at 2:16 PM ]

You better be if said player hails from UM.
"Peppers starting to "smack" players around on field"

http://scout.com/nfl/browns/Article/Jabrill-Peppers-starting-to-smack-players-around-on-the-field-ac-105856095

We sure could use a safety that is smacking people around on the field on our squad.... but but I'm sure i just wanted him here because he is from "Michigan" surely its not because of the skill set

#Go Blue

[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 11, 2017 at 5:12 AM ]
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:

http://scout.com/nfl/browns/Article/Jabrill-Peppers-starting-to-smack-players-around-on-the-field-ac-105856095

We sure could use a safety that is smacking people around on the field on our squad.... but but I'm sure i just wanted him here because he is from "Michigan" surely its not because of the skill set

#Go Blue

Lol your still at it ??? Articles and actual play are 2 different things but honestly I hope the kids does great only bc he's from jersey, just him on the Browns makes it hard to believe he's going to flourish lol
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:

#Go Blue

Lol your still at it ??? Articles and actual play are 2 different things but honestly I hope the kids does great only bc he's from jersey, just him on the Browns makes it hard to believe he's going to flourish lol

I think it's neat to be a fan of a college team and follow how those players do in the NFL. Nothing wrong with cheering for a kid. The Browns have a lot of talent on their team. Plus a lot of high draft picks coming up.
Share 49ersWebzone