QB or Garrett

QB or Garrett

• TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by 49ersJordan:
Originally posted by TheNef77:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by TheNef77:
If Chip is staying, Jimmy G isn't going to help. Chip's system isn't the problem, Baalke not building the roster to the system is.

I believe that Chips system isn't the problem but disagree that Jimmy G wont help, in his limited time playing he has shown he is very accurate, great arm, went through his progressions well and is mobile..he would flourish in Chips scheme..Chips scheme isn't difficult to play great in if you can read defenses and are accurate..

Chips system only works with a true running threat that can throw. Vick gave him the most NFL success. The route combos and reads aren't made for a pocket QB. Being mobile for a pocket QB and being a dual threat are 2 separate things. We just don't see it here because we don't have the full personnel to run that no huddle spread option offense. We're talking about guys like Masoli and Darron Thomas. Defenses will be targeting Jimmy G on the Zone Reads. I'd rather go with Chad Kelly who has no problem running RPOs and making quick decisions with the ball.

1st round: Garrett - Like I said, you could build an elite defense with he and Lynch at the edges.
2nd round: Chad Kelly - Dudes got the tools to run the Chip Kelly offense and he's got fire that this team badly needs.

The same quarterback who tore his ACL just a week ago? No thank you. This has baalke written all over it.

ouch, I missed that badly. My bad on that. Now he really might be a 9er.
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by Rascal:
First of all, forget about Kizer, the kid is way overrated. Bottom line, this is not the time to defer on a supposedly franchise QB until the 2nd round. There are only 2 top QB prospects in my opinion, that being Watson and Trubisky not in any particular order. I find myself gradually sliding towards Tribusky. The only other guy I will consider is trading for Jimmy Garoppolo.

First of all, the season is not over yet.

Secondly, we should not be dismissing anyone yet. It's November, and once the season is done, there is a need to go back over their game tapes before dismissing them.

Yeah if we decided the QB by the mid season point Geno Smith would have been the easy number 1 pick in the draft.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Rascal:
First of all, forget about Kizer, the kid is way overrated. Bottom line, this is not the time to defer on a supposedly franchise QB until the 2nd round. There are only 2 top QB prospects in my opinion, that being Watson and Trubisky not in any particular order. I find myself gradually sliding towards Tribusky. The only other guy I will consider is trading for Jimmy Garoppolo.

First of all, the season is not over yet.

Secondly, we should not be dismissing anyone yet. It's November, and once the season is done, there is a need to go back over their game tapes before dismissing them.

Yeah if we decided the QB by the mid season point Geno Smith would have been the easy number 1 pick in the draft.

Last year at the beginning of November, Paxton Lynch was ahead of Goff in a lot of mocks while Connor Cook was still being talked about as a top 10 pick and Carson Wentz was barely being mentioned as a first rounder let alone the top 5.
Last year at the beginning of November, Paxton Lynch was ahead of Goff in a lot of mocks while Connor Cook was still being talked about as a top 10 pick and Carson Wentz was barely being mentioned as a first rounder let alone the top 5.

Then there was Jake Locker and Christian Hackenberg what other myriad of s**t QBs are mid season darlings.
If you were banking on Clv seeing Cody Kessler as the future that's going out the window. He got benched in last night's game and a 0-1 win team without a qb will take the qb pretty much every time.
Share 49ersWebzone