LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Mock Offseason

GM- Matt Russell (denver's director of player personel)

Assistant GM- Tom Gamble

Coach - Chip Kelly ( Im not remotely impressed with his scheme so far but I dont see Jed cutting ties this offseason with him)

Free Agents- Terrence Williams WR, Terrelle Pryor WR, Brian Hoyer QB,Kawaan Short DT, Brandon Thompsoon DT, Martellus Bennett TE, Lawrence Timmons ILB, Phil Dawson K, Ray Ray Armstrong, Dujuan Harris RB

Draft -

1. Myles Garrett OLB Texas AM Its hard for me not to take the best player overall with us having so many needs.

2. Mason Rudolph QB Ok St. Big bodied QB, has done great this season only 2 ints. I bounce back and fourth between him and taking Watson first overall. But im more sure that Garrett would be the next Miller then I am Watson is the next Cam...

3. James Washington WR Ok St. Big Play guy

4. Ryan Switzer WR UNC - this guys a slot nightmare, think cole beasley or eldeman. maybe more athletic then them.

5. Marlon Mack RB South Fla. - Im only sold on Harris being a good backup. I wish Hyde was healthy but its almost certain he'll be injured throughout his career. Mack averages over 7 ypc and only has had 500 carries in his college career.

5. Rodney Butler LB New Mexico- guy seems to be a beast on a bad team. Should help the linebacker corp.

6. Tau Lotulelei LB UNLV - ditto

6. James Williams WR ECU - first real year of production but a good later round flyer.

7. Jon Toth C Kentucky

7. Jamal Williams RB BYU - this guy may shoot up the board, most sites have him unranked but he's really had a great season, 1k yards and 10tds already.

UDFA

Chance Allen WR Houston
Alex Gray SS APP St.
Greg Ward Jr. WR/QB Houston

Althought this is what I feel would make us a better team next season. Who knows what Jed will do.
Pryor isn't leaving Cleveland, imo.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

everyone leaves Cleveland at least we have good weather!
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

everyone leaves Cleveland at least we have good weather!

I think they'll franchise him.
I'd feel very mehhh if it went down like this to be honest.

Pryor isn't going anywhere, same with Short. I don't see Williams as much of a upgrade at WR either.

I'd also be very underwhelmed if our QBs going into next yr were Hoyer and Rudolph.

I like Myles and Switzer and the fact that Baalke is gone
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 3, 2016 at 8:03 AM ]
Carolina let Norman walk to have money for Short
QB isnt the strongest position in this draft unless something shakes out later as the combine comes along.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Carolina let Norman walk to have money for Short

yeah id love Short, but i doubt Carolina lets him go. Although Carolina doesnt seem to retain alot of their players
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
QB isnt the strongest position in this draft unless something shakes out later as the combine comes along.

Everyone was saying the same thing this past off season and QB went one and two. Kizer/Watson/trubisky are all going be top 15 picks I'll add that Romo/Cutler/Jimmy G should all be look at as a replacement in the off season as well.

Chip isn't rolling into 2017 with Hoyer/Rudolph as our starters I mean if he wants to get fired sure but as pissed as this fan base is right now I don't think they can let that happen.
I'm sorry but I think if we can move back for what we can get it would improve this roster much better with the amount of day 1 picks we'll end up with..not getting garrett is not the end of the world
[ Edited by Rgonelove on Nov 4, 2016 at 3:48 PM ]

Originally posted by Rgonelove:
I'm sorry but I think if we can move back for what we can get it would improve this roster much better with the amount of day 1 picks we'll end up with..not getting m.Jack is not the end of the world

Disagree we already have 10 picks in the draft. I want us to move up and get more impact players and invest some money in proven players in FA.
wont Sheldon Richardson be a FA this off season?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeHubb:
wont Sheldon Richardson be a FA this off season?

No. He was given a tender -- so next year is the last year on his rookie deal. But the Jets know they can't re-sign him and have that much money allocated to their D-Line. They will look to trade him in the offseason. I highly doubt he is a Jet next year.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Everyone was saying the same thing this past off season and QB went one and two. Kizer/Watson/trubisky are all going be top 15 picks I'll add that Romo/Cutler/Jimmy G should all be look at as a replacement in the off season as well.

Chip isn't rolling into 2017 with Hoyer/Rudolph as our starters I mean if he wants to get fired sure but as pissed as this fan base is right now I don't think they can let that happen.

actually I agree with those and I had Cutler listed at first instead of Hoyer. I then remembered what Bennett said about him and couldnt put them both on the same team. I dont see Romo as a real option but the three QBs in the draft could happen. I just hope its not Kizer.
we could draft a QB first round and try to get Chandler Jones from the Cards.
Share 49ersWebzone