LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

Fixing worst teams

I thought this was interesting and actually love what they did with the niners tho I'm unsure Vollmer is needed is rather another rusher..and I hate trading Smith

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2671810-how-to-fix-the-nfls-worst-teams/page/4?utm_campaign=tsiphone&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=teamstream
[ Edited by jersey49er on Oct 31, 2016 at 9:35 PM ]
The writer should have instead wrote a persuasive column on "why Josh McDaniels would leave New England to work for the Yorks".
Originally posted by Heroism:
The writer should have instead wrote a persuasive column on "why Josh McDaniels would leave New England to work for the Yorks".

It's nice to dream, but seriously I feel that would be perfect..you never kno, Mcdaniels might want his chance to be a head coach again and do it all himself..2 overall pick and 70 million to spend is a good pitch for any coach but then you say Baalke and York and they probably run away fast lol so your right..
Hard to cut Chip at the moment since the team is still paying Tomsula, I can't see the 49ers letting their HC go after 1 year two years in a row and for sure won't be a good look.
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
Hard to cut Chip at the moment since the team is still paying Tomsula, I can't see the 49ers letting their HC go after 1 year two years in a row and for sure won't be a good look.

I agree, but I like his thinking..makes a lot of sense the ways he went with bringing in Mcdaniels and Vrabel then trading for their guys..tho I'm sure it won't but if this offseason happened this organization would be heading in the right direction finally..

lol doesn't matter. Jed and Trent are looking like idiots already so it doesn't matter if it won't be a good look.

I was thinking the same thing. I've been preparing for 3 years of Chip Kelly. That'll get Tomsula's contract off the books and then they'd only have to pay for Kelly for 1 more year. In fantasy world though, I actually like most of the moves aside from Torrey Smith for a 6th? I think a quality GM could get a better pick than that.

And I'd still try to convince David Shaw to take the job. I know he'd never do it but I'd try my hardest to get him.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I thought this was interesting and actually love what they did with the niners tho I'm unsure Vollmer is needed is rather another rusher..and I hate trading Smith

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2671810-how-to-fix-the-nfls-worst-teams/page/4?utm_campaign=tsiphone&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=teamstream

HA did this guy read my first off season mock

I love me some Josh McDaniels (some on here don't)...this would never happen but it would be amazing IMO.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

HA did this guy read my first off season mock

I love me some Josh McDaniels (some on here don't)...this would never happen but it would be amazing IMO.

I hold you to a higher level than bleacher report you can do better
Originally posted by Allx9er:

Haha I mean I'd love if it went down like this...not sure we would need to spend more cash on the secondary in FA even though Bouye is playing well.

Also don't think we need to go for 3 OT through FA and the draft and no way Corey Davis makes it to the 3rd.

Haha I mean I'd love if it went down like this...not sure we would need to spend more cash on the secondary in FA even though Bouye is playing well.

Also don't think we need to go for 3 OT through FA and the draft and no way Corey Davis makes it to the 3rd.

i like the plan too. Matt Miller is one of the only beat writers worth reading on bleacher report. Matt Miller has stated that he is a 49ers fan among a few others, so you can definitely see his frustration with this organization int his article.

Kelly needs to go. I want to get back to playing stout defense and i don think that could ever happen under Kelly

I agree too many OT, should sign it draft another pass rusher and yup no way Davis drops that far unless he is horrible in the Sr bowl and combine but even then his tape and numbers are too good..
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

i like the plan too. Matt Miller is one of the only beat writers worth reading on bleacher report. Matt Miller has stated that he is a 49ers fan among a few others, so you can definitely see his frustration with this organization int his article.

Kelly needs to go. I want to get back to playing stout defense and i don think that could ever happen under Kelly

Yeah he's the only writer on there worth reading. This plan would be amazing and while I actually like Chip I don't see his system a fit long term. I think we are stuck with him for a couple yrs though.
Chip is staying for another year at least. JO"N should be gone, but Chip will stay. Now add those same F.A. and draft to Chip and it is still a huge improvement to what we have this year. It may not be as good as the total changes offered in this article, but I think it is unrealistic to believe that we will drop Chip and eat two past coach's salaries while also landing McDaniels and that staff.

I agree, but I like his thinking..makes a lot of sense the ways he went with bringing in Mcdaniels and Vrabel then trading for their guys..tho I'm sure it won't but if this offseason happened this organization would be heading in the right direction finally..

Im with you and I'm also dreaming of maybe having Nick Caserio or Eliot Wolf for GM and McDaniels as HC. Even getting rid of Jed as prez and putting someone capable with deep connects around the league running the team, but I guess we just gotta wait.
Share 49ersWebzone