There are 189 users in the forums

Baker Mayfield-QB Oklahoma

Originally posted by strickac:
Mr Clutch showing why he's the real deal and these other QBs are just hype.

LMAO
He did that @ Ohio State????

I always liked the guy, but WOW!

Didn't catch the game, but I can't wait to watch it later...
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Sep 9, 2017 at 8:57 PM ]
Credit where it's due, he mopped Ohio State like they ain't $hit. Kids a gamer
Yea, he won week 2. That's 2 weeks in a row
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Quickly becoming my favorite QB. Gotta say I'm unsure about how I feel About him trying to stick his OU flag in midfield at OSU. I don't know that I want a QB with the personality of TO.
While Ohio State has s**tty dbacks, DLine is no joke and they were constantly rushing the passer but coach Riley and Mayfield clearly outplayed them. If he ends up playing playoffs his draft stock will improve not only as a first round pick but even aim for top 10 range.
Originally posted by HERN:
Quickly becoming my favorite QB. Gotta say I'm unsure about how I feel About him trying to stick his OU flag in midfield at OSU. I don't know that I want a QB with the personality of TO.

lol that was the greatest thing ever! That kinda stuff is what the NFL needs. Rivalry games are largely a joke these days compared to college.

I was really low on this guy after seeing him struggle badly against Houston last year, but he really showed up last night and played well. I'm not convinced he's got pro offense talent (whatever they were running against OSU wont work in the pros) but I love his energy and poise and ability to execute under pressure. He seems to have good pocket mobility too. I'll have to watch more of him to see if he's got the arm talent to play in the NFL, but if he does I don't see why he won't get drafted high like Mahomes
  • jcs
  • Veteran
I like this kid...really scrappy, gets it done. I still remember his 545 yard 7 TD game of insanity against TTech. Probably not a KS guy but he has solid pro potential.
Originally posted by jcs:
I like this kid...really scrappy, gets it done. I still remember his 545 yard 7 TD game of insanity against TTech. Probably not a KS guy but he has solid pro potential.

I doubted him but I agree this guy is pretty solid. Not a ks qb but I see him sneaking into the 1st.
Mayfield is definitely answering the questions I had about him. He's made HUGE improvements since 2015, which speaks to his work ethic.

The little-dog-syndrome still worries me...

• Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Mayfield is definitely answering the questions I had about him. He's made HUGE improvements since 2015, which speaks to his work ethic.

The little-dog-syndrome still worries me...

I really like Mayfield. He's in my top 4. And honestly, I have a hard time ranking any of those guys over the other. The big concern with Mayfield is maturity. But, unlike other QB's with the same issue, it appears that he may be able to grow out of them. They're not drug or people issues. He does need to use better judgment on where he decides to get drunk.
Does Oklahoma play in a pro-style offense? (Forgive me if this sounds like a noob question)
Originally posted by DarkShinobiX:
Does Oklahoma play in a pro-style offense? (Forgive me if this sounds like a noob question)

Air raid with a wicked counter running game.
I want Mayfield drafted by the 9ers, I would love that.
Originally posted by 49ers201:
I want Mayfield drafted by the 9ers, I would love that.

sure as long as it is in the 6th or 7th round
Share 49ersWebzone