LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

Baker Mayfield-QB Oklahoma

Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Other articles I've read from national sites said the complete opposite.

Yeah depends where you go. Bleacher Report says he struggled. NFL.com says he shined. Seen the same thing about Luke Falk.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

This is either the beginning of a cheesy success movie or a outside the lines bust story. Can't wait
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

This is either the beginning of a cheesy success movie or a outside the lines bust story. Can't wait

He's gotta be serious, it's something that could easily be investigated.
If he wasn't going to play in the game he should've stayed home. Let somebody else have that roster spot.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
If he wasn't going to play in the game he should've stayed home. Let somebody else have that roster spot.

Measurements and practice are as important to scouts as the game itself.

He's getting measured at the combine.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

This is an interview process not just a game.

He got measured at the Senior Bowl, results are on the countdown thread, can't remember exactly but he was a shade over 6'.

To be fair to him, most high ish picks bow out completely so practicing and doing interviews are fair enough, he probably made a little side deal with Savage.

I think he's practically fulfilled our wishes, get drafted by a team above us.
My only annoyance is I now actually think he could be successful, which I'd hate as he's a deuche

Most NFL scouts and front office people leave before the game is played. Its the week of practices and player meetings that bring people to Mobile. The game is a glorified scrimmage that few pay attention to.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Wow surprising.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Most NFL scouts and front office people leave before the game is played. Its the week of practices and player meetings that bring people to Mobile. The game is a glorified scrimmage that few pay attention to.

I know what you're saying but they play vanilla.. You're telling me one on one WR Vs CB,OL Vs DL match-ups don't matter?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
QB1
Share 49ersWebzone