LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

D'Onta Foreman

I think he is a highly overlooked RB. 9 straight 100 yard games and going so far. He hits holes and goes north and south as quickly.
Certainly an interesting prospect. I don't want to use one of our first two picks on a RB but if he's there 3rd round or later I'd definitely take a shot on him.
yea im not interested in him in the first 3 rounds. im sure he falls in the draft to 4th or 5th round thats where id be interested.
There are a TON of RBs in this draft...one of the best classes for RBs I've seen in a while.

I'm waiting on RB I like Wayne Gallman maybe just maybe he makes it to the 4th (doubt it) Jeremy McNichols is solid in the run and catching departments.

We will be drafting someone that's for sure...Chip is licking his chops lol
Originally posted by NYniner85:
There are a TON of RBs in this draft...one of the best classes for RBs I've seen in a while.

I'm waiting on RB I like Wayne Gallman maybe just maybe he makes it to the 4th (doubt it) Jeremy McNichols is solid in the run and catching departments.

There's re so many coming out I like. Elijah McGuire is my guy right now. He'd be a great complement to Hyde and is and good receiver out of the backfield.

Foreman is someone I'll have to watch more of for sure.
Dude is great on his feet, reminds me of Eddie Lacy without the overweight. Would love 2 bruisers just to beat up defenses that can move.

https://youtu.be/OcuYcJCl8Nk

https://youtu.be/JXk8OoBVGCE
[ Edited by DeHubb on Nov 1, 2016 at 2:13 PM ]

I tend to agree. I've finished grading 10 RBs and have 4 with 1st round grades (Fournette, Cook, McCaffrey and......Corey Clements with a red flag for durability).

I think I gave McNichols a 3rd round grade, but he is an ideal 3rd down RB.

Oddly, D'onta Freeman was one RB I'm not huge on. I think I gave him a 4th round grade. Stiff hips, slow foot speed, ineffective as a reciever.. His stats are eye-popping, but keep in mind the Big 12 has the worst defense in all major conferences. He will definitely have value as a goal line back, but I'm not sold on him. I think he is comparable to Brandon Jacobs (taken in the 4th).
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

I tend to agree. I've finished grading 10 RBs and have 4 with 1st round grades (Fournette, Cook, McCaffrey and......Corey Clements with a red flag for durability).

Oddly, D'onta Freeman was one RB I'm not huge on. I think I gave him a 4th round grade. Stiff hips, slow foot speed, ineffective as a reciever.. His stats are eye-popping, but keep in mind the Big 12 has the worst defense in all major conferences. He will definitely have value as a goal line back, but I'm not sold on him. I think he is comparable to Brandon Jacobs (taken in the 4th).

Ton of talent at RB this year

I think the question is IF Kelly is back next year, which RB fits his offense.

I have an eye on Jamaal Williams of BYU right now for Chip's offense.
311 yards and 3 TDs and counting in 3 quarters vs Texas Tech.

What's crazy is normal 2nd round talents could fall to the 4th with so much talent, definitely the most talented RB class I can ever remember..
Originally posted by jersey49er:

What's crazy is normal 2nd round talents could fall to the 4th with so much talent, definitely the most talented RB class I can ever remember..

Sounds like though there can be some good bargains in FA, draft is the way to go perhaps for two RBs. One scat one bruiser.

Don't sleep on Curtis Samuel. The best receiver of the RB class. His 40 times are going to be silly, he can stretch the field deep, and runs good routes.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
D'Onta Foreman announces he's skipping his senior year to enter the NFL draft.
"Foreman is way bigger than people realize. He has elite size almost to the point where he might need to lose weight to maintain his quickness at the next level," said NFL.com draft analyst Lance Zierlein. "Good vision. Quick feet. Proved he can handle being an every-down back this year. His workload this season might be cause for some concern, but it hasn't been an issue until this year."

Zierlein has compared Foreman's skill set to that of Carolina Panthers RB Jonathan Stewart. Kansas City Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles, himself a former Longhorn, called Foreman the best running back in college football earlier this season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000749072/article/texas-rb-donta-foreman-intends-to-enter-2017-nfl-draft

Big fast power back
Share 49ersWebzone