LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

The Bye Week Mock

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Front Office Changes -

GM: Will McClay - Current Sr. Director of College Scouting and Pro Personnel of Dallas Cowboys
- Outside hire with strong expertise in rebuilding the Cowboys including Prescott, T. Williams, L. Collins, Z. Martin, etc. Al Guido connection. I think he'd be open to keeping Kelly another season or two...he's been managing with Jason Garrett. Jed York loves Jerry Jones, so I think he'd be strongly considered for the job.

DC: Dave Aranda - Current DC for LSU, former DC for Wisconsin
- He's interviewed for NFL jobs before (most recently GB), but he's a 3-4 guy with a Fangio-like scheme. Simple but effective. This would be a big jump, but I think we'll bring in a few positional coaches with DC experience...

New ILB Coach: Billy Davis - Former Eagles, Cardinals, and 49ers DC
- Horrible DC but he'd provide value as a positional coach. Chip wants him. He'll get him now that Baalke is gone.

Kelly, Modkins, Gamble remain in their respective roles.

Free Agency Targets -

Ryan Fitzpatrick - QB - Jets | Curtis Modkins connection. He'd compete for the starting gig. He had some pretty good years for Buffalo. Vet mentor for a young rookie pick.

Jacquizz Rodgers - RB - Bucs | Instant #2 on our team behind Carlos Hyde. Scat back and receiver threat, he's our new Kendall Hunter.

Terrance Williams - WR - Cowboys | A good fit for Kelly's scheme, he's a BIG upgrade to Patton et al. McClay connection.

Ryan Griffin - TE - Texans | Competition at TE with McDonald and Celek.

Brian Schwenke - C/OG - Titans | Good fit for the zone scheme, cali native, upgrade to Martin.

Bennie Logan - NT/DT - Eagles | Could be a 1-2 gap NT, and flex to DE. Many connections to the team.

Andre Branch - DE/LB - Jaguars | A good rotational pass rusher that is solid against the pass and run. Could compete for a starting role on this team. Replaces Carradine.

Kiko Alonso - ILB - Dolphins | Reunited with Kelly, Davis, and others. Starter next to Bowman.

Trades - 49ers trade Tank Carradine and 4th (comp) round picks for Panthers 4th round pick.

NFL Draft - Browns select Garrett - DE/OLB - Texas A&M

R1: Mitch Trubisky - QB - UNC | He's been clearly the most consistent QB this season, and a good fit for Kelly's scheme. Very Alex Smith-like in his decision-making skills, but I say that in a good way.

R2: Corey Davis - WR - Western Michigan | Physical, tall, speedy...he's an all around good player that run crisp routes and fights for the ball. A trio of Smith-Williams-Davis is formidable...

R3: Kendell Beckwith - ILB - LSU | We don't know how Bowman is going to come back, but we need to provide insurance and rotation at the position. Beckwith is coached by our new DC and is a tackling machine.

R4: Vince Biegel - DE/LB - Wisconsin | Coached by our DC when he was in Wisconsin, he's had an injury riddled season, but was hyper-productive last season. Tough nosed football player.

R4: Jalen Hurd - RB - Tennessee (via CAR) | 6-4 HB that plays a jack of all trades role for the 49ers. Power back, potential TE with great YAC ability, hell put him in a 2 RB set and put him in the slot. And use him on goal line situations.

R5: Zane Gonzales - K - Arizona St | 2nd best kicker in the draft, Gonzales has a hell of a leg with a 60 yard kick made this year.

R6: Mack Hollins - WR - UNC | Tall weapon with an existing rapport with Trubz.

R6: Jack Tocho - CB/S - NC St (via WAS) | Serves as the backup at SS for Tartt.

R6: Ralph Green III - NT - Indiana (via DEN) | Late round developmental pick.

R7: Darreus Rogers - WR - USC (via CLE) | Developmental pick.

R7: Zach Terrell - QB - Western Michigan | 20 TDs, 1 INT so far. Development pick

Released: Antonie Bethea - S

Depth Chart:

QB: Trubisky*/Fitzpatrick*/Lewis
RB: Hyde/Rodgers*/Hurd*/Davis
TE: Griffin*/McDonald/Celek

WR: Smith/Rogers*
WR: Williams*/Hollins*
WR: Davis*/Kerley

LT: Staley
LG: Beadles/Cooper
C: Kilgore/Schwenke*
RG: Garnett
RT: Brown/Theus

LE: Armstead/Dial
NT: Logan*/Green III*
RE: Buckner/Blair

OLB: Brooks/Branch*
ILB: Bowman/Beckwith*
ILB: Alonso*/Armstrong
OLB: Lynch/Harold/Biegel*

CB: Robinson/Redmond/Reaser
CB: Ward/Brock/Johnson
FS: Reid/Cromartie
SS: Tartt/Tocho*

ST: Gonzales*, Pinion, Nelson
Not loving Mitch at #2 but everything else A+++
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Not loving Mitch at #2 but everything else A+++

I'm not either but lack of depth in quality prospects and depth in FA = overdraft. Mitch is a mid-1st round pick, but if he's good talent, and you risk losing him by trading down, you take the guy you think will be the leader of this team.
What do we get for trading back from #2 to pick Trubisky in the first? How devastating would it be to be one loss away from Garrett and end up with Trubisky instead?

I do like most of the free agent acquisitions, especially Alonso and Logan.
Just want to start by saying Terrance Williams fnnn so underachieves. Dont want just a body at receiver and thats all he is. Ill look more into it to add more input later. Looks great for the most part. Thanks for the positive outlook
Great offseason but the Browns don't look as pitiful on a weekly basis. They will probably win a few games this year. Garrett should be ours
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Great offseason but the Browns don't look as pitiful on a weekly basis. They will probably win a few games this year. Garrett should be ours

Go brownies go!!!
This wouldn't suck.
I would love your 1st 3 picks...I'm gonna pass on Terrance Williams & Ftiz. I'd rather go for Fields in the 3rd and move back up in the bottom of the 3rd for Beckwith.

I also don't see Kiko leaving the phins after they traded for him.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 28, 2016 at 6:07 AM ]
I love that you mocked a front office. That will be our biggest move, assuming Trent doesn't survive.

Good job on the player moves, too. Definitely food for thought.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
I would love your 1st 3 picks...I'm gonna pass on Terrance Williams & Ftiz. I'd rather go for Fields in the 3rd and move back up in the bottom of the 3rd for Beckwith.

This
Originally posted by Allx9er:

This

I'll add I just don't see this team making that many FA acquisitions...would be nice though
4 LB's and a NT just what is needed on defense. Will definitely need a more elite RB like Rodgers to pair with Hyde.

I'd pass on them
Originally posted by lamontb:

I'd pass on them

i like Fitz as a backup but yeah terrance williams i would pass on. Dude is a WR3 at best. Even with Bryant out, dude is still #2 WR.

Also, it doesnt seem like you fixed the pass rush issue we are having. If we have the same OLBs + Branch, we will be in trouble.
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Oct 28, 2016 at 9:26 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone