LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

McShay and Kiper on 2017 QB's

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=17877440

QB discussion starts around 5:30 mark.

Not very enthused about the potential crop of QB's. . McShay says this is about as bad of a QB class as he can remember.

Said that Mitch Trubisky is the only QB he's received constant positive feedback about from scouts and that he's the only QB that has exceeded expectations this year. Still has to watch tape on him.

-Kaaya-Good player, has developed some bad habits due to pass protection issues, has a lot of question marks, lacks arm strength and mobility.

-Watson-Questions about consistent accuracy in the intermediate to deep area. Size is adequate, great temperament, tough, accuracy questions remain.

Said that they don't see any quarterbacks in college football over the next few years that scream top draft pick, shortage of quality QB's, lots of flawed players, lack of preparation for the NFL.

Lack of QB talent is bordering on crisis, more important than ever for QB to end up on the right team/system. QB's starting at a very young age are handled with kid gloves, don't develop necessary mental toughness.
they're right. this QB class is terrible. there's nobody that truly warrants a top 5 pick.
Ive been saying this about my bae, kizer. He's talented and should be a late 1st round prospect but he shouldn't be in the top 3.
Originally posted by Heroism:
they're right. this QB class is terrible. there's nobody that truly warrants a top 5 pick.

That doesn't matter QB hungry teams like the niners will reach to get what they hope is their franchise QB..I wonder what their point of view was on Wentz or Prescott last year who are so far playing great..
I like Mcshay but Kiper can go, Mayock is best tho.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
That doesn't matter QB hungry teams like the niners will reach to get what they hope is their franchise QB..I wonder what their point of view was on Wentz or Prescott last year who are so far playing great..

Kiper was calling Wentz a 1st round caliber QB back in April last year for what it is worth.
SELECTED BY: Eagles
ROUND: 1
PICK (OVERALL): 2 (2)
PICK ANALYSIS:
"This is a special moment for a Division-1AA (FCS) player. There is precedent in Joe Flacco, who came out of Delaware. Wentz is the No. 1 player on my board, so while I understand and believe that Goff is more ready to play today, Wentz will be a better player five years from now." -- Mike Mayock
A little off lol
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/dak-prescott?id=2555260

Now this is really off..
i hate to say it but mcshay and kiper are going on a pretty stupid rant. it has some substance but they are overblowing it.

they sound old with a get off my lawn attitude

We need a QB so of course the QB class in the draft sucks
Originally posted by valrod33:
We need a QB so of course the QB class in the draft sucks

they said the same thing in '05

there was that one dude named Rodgers who we coulda grabbed
SELECTED BY: Eagles
ROUND: 1
PICK (OVERALL): 2 (2)
PICK ANALYSIS:
"This is a special moment for a Division-1AA (FCS) player. There is precedent in Joe Flacco, who came out of Delaware. Wentz is the No. 1 player on my board, so while I understand and believe that Goff is more ready to play today, Wentz will be a better player five years from now." -- Mike Mayock

He was right about that. Except that he is also much better right now too. LOL. He should have been the #1 pick.
Meh. Nobody knows how ANY prospect will turn out in the pros.
I like Mcshay but Kiper can go, Mayock is best tho.

Agreed
Share 49ersWebzone