LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

NT Vita Vea - Washington - 6'5" - 332

Originally posted by SteveYoung:
I don't consider Vea a NT. He is a dominant 3 down interior defensive lineman.

He isn't your typical run stuffer that comes out on passing downs. He is a beast rushing the passer too.

He's a damn good prospect, I get that...we need speed on the edge more than interior pressure... we have that with buck/solly/day/AA (they're all on rookie contracts) you giving up on your boy AA?

We have literally nothing at CB outside of Spoon, we have a horrible interior OL, no speed or really anything at edge in general, and we're lacking play-makers on offense.

interior DL is literally the last thing we need, we're good/young there.
I just don't think AA works in this scheme. We have to trade him. He's way too slow to play DE. It was painful watching him try and chase the QB early on this year.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Dillesq:
I just don't think AA works in this scheme. We have to trade him. He's way too slow to play DE. It was painful watching him try and chase the QB early on this year.

only reason he'll stick around is because he's cheap. But he better not be in the starting lineup. He's at the very best, a decent backup.

He's an interior pass rusher not an edge guy. I agree no speed there. I brought up AA because young is a fan of him. I don't see how you can trade him for anything, ended pass two seasons on IR I beleive. He might just end up as a rotational guy all said and done.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 8, 2018 at 9:46 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He isn't your typical run stuffer that comes out on passing downs. He is a beast rushing the passer too.

He's a damn good prospect, I get that...we need speed on the edge more than interior pressure... we have that with buck/solly/day/AA (they're all on rookie contracts) you giving up on your boy AA?

We have literally nothing at CB outside of Spoon, we have a horrible interior OL, no speed or really anything at edge in general, and we're lacking play-makers on offense.

When i bumped the thread i wasnt thinking need. I was thinking he a sexy mofo lol Id be surprised if we didnt pick up at least one cb and o lineman via FA.

What we do have is 120 million in cap space.

Draft the BPA.
He's an interior pass rusher not an edge guy. I agree no speed there. I brought up AA because young is a fan of him. I don't see how you can trade him for anything, ended pass two seasons on IR I beleive. He might just end up as a rotational guy all said and done.

Im not a fan. I just don't think he is as bad as some say he is.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
When i bumped the thread i wasnt thinking need. I was thinking he a sexy mofo lol Id be surprised if we didnt pick up at least one cb and o lineman via FA.

I get it lol

But you gotta think need and bpa, we simply don't need more defensive interior players as top end picks.
What we do have is 120 million in cap space.

Draft the BPA.

You have no idea how much money we spend...not every FA available is a fit for us, there's 31 other teams looking at them as well.

Blowing money because you have it isn't the way to go about building a team...we got some players worth resigning in the upcoming yrs and need some of that cash. I want this team to always be a player in FA
can't do that if you bust your wad yr one with money.

Also imo he's not BPA as a top 10 pick, regardless how bad ass he's is he's a NT and that's not a need. I put Vea in the same realm as Shelton (who I liked a lot).
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 8, 2018 at 10:49 AM ]

^^^ He's right you know??

This guy eats turkey legs between drives.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
^^^ He's right you know??

He's still a interior DL and we have a ton of young guns there.

Outside of QB interior DL is bottom of the list as far as needs go.
You have no idea how much money we spend...not every FA available is a fit for us, there's 31 other teams looking at them as well.

Blowing money because you have it isn't the way to go about building a team...we got some players worth resigning in the upcoming yrs and need some of that cash. I want this team to always be a player in FA

Also imo he's not BPA as a top 10 pick, regardless how bad ass he's is he's a NT and that's not a need. I put Vea in the same realm as Shelton (who I liked a lot).

Danny Shelton isn't near as good a pass rusher as Vea.

I seriously compare Vea to Ngata. His stats are damn near identical and as I said he is just scratching the surface of his potential.

In our division with David Johnson and Todd Gurley stopping the run is key.

I really like Roquan Smith as well because Johnson and Gurley are such efficient receivers and I think Roquan would shut them down man to man. His instincts would also be HUGE when we play Russell Wilson and his famous bootlegs.

To me we can seriously get a blue chip prospect at 9. All three of Quenton Nelson, Roquan Smith and Vita Vea are game changers. I would be happy with either at 9.

I seriously compare Vea to Ngata. His stats are damn near identical and as I said he is just scratching the surface of his potential.

I really like Roquan Smith as well because Johnson and Gurley are such efficient receivers and I think Roquan would shut them down man to man. His instincts would also be HUGE when we play Russell Wilson and his famous bootlegs.

To me we can seriously get a blue chip prospect at 9. All three of Quenton Nelson, Roquan Smith and Vita Vea are game changers. I would be happy with either at 9.

I agree 100%

I agree 100%
At this point I agree with those three players and assessment. Let's see what we do in FA and if a secondary guy really jumps out at the combine/prondays etc. this is fun stuff!
Share 49ersWebzone