LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

NT Vita Vea - Washington - 6'5" - 332

• TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
http://draftbreakdown.com/players/vita-vea/

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/azeem-victor/ (#50)

Very Strong against the run. More than a big body leaner.
- Takes and holds up double teams without giving up much ground
- Drives OL off the punch. Strong enough to plug gaps and shed to make the play
- Smart enough to take contain angles to allow help to make the play if he's on the outside
- Mainly put win on every non passing down
- Eats up blockers against the pass to allow for one on one matchups. Will put a Guard/Center in the QB's face if there's no double team.
Would fit nicely on the 49ers
From milpitas CA
Like this kid...currently the 40th overall player in the draft though. There are some quality NTs in this draft
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Like this kid...currently the 40th overall player in the draft though. There are some quality NTs in this draft

So far he and the UCLA kid are the best I've seen as far as NT. Most important position of a 3-4 is the NT. We always win the numbers game when he forces double teams and plugs both A gaps.
Originally posted by TheNef77:

So far he and the UCLA kid are the best I've seen as far as NT. Most important position of a 3-4 is the NT. We always win the numbers game when he forces double teams and plugs both A gaps.

Thoughts on Carlos Watkins from Clemson?
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place

Thanks bro. I'll watch his film after work. Anybody else? NT's don't usually get attention so I kinda catch them while watching film on someone else.

Thanks bro. I'll watch his film after work. Anybody else? NT's don't usually get attention so I kinda catch them while watching film on someone else.

Nice...Lowell Lotulelei from Utah is another guy his brother is a stud on Carolina currently.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Nice...Lowell Lotulelei from Utah is another guy his brother is a stud on Carolina currently.

Nah I saw him get pushed around too much during the BYU game. I saw the name and thought the same. Doesn't have the same explosive get off.
I like Allen from Bama better

• TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by wailers15:

Cool, I'll check him out too.

Nah I saw him get pushed around too much during the BYU game. I saw the name and thought the same. Doesn't have the same explosive get off.

Word I don't get to watch many of those games on the east coast...thanks
Jonathan Allen and Vita Vea are two entirely different players.

Jonathan Allen is a game wrecker. Think more along the lines of Aaron Donald, but bigger. I would have absolutely been all over Allen if we didn't draft Buckner last year.

Vita Vea is a plugger. He's a classic anchor in the middle. However, Jim O'Neil doesn't even use a 2-gapping 0technique nose tackle. I see Purcell and Dial being asked to attack more gaps than to hold the point of attack.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 11, 2018 at 11:46 AM ]
Originally posted by wailers15:

Allen will be a top 5 draft pick, you're talking about vastly different caliber of players.

Danny Shelton, also from Washington, has come around at NT for the Browns this season after O'Neil took his potato defense to the 49ers.

They've done a hell of a job recruiting quality NT's, right now they have Vea and Qualls who are both expected to be high picks whenever they come out.
Share 49ersWebzone