There are 181 users in the forums

Midseason Mock

Originally posted by saniner:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I think Garrett goes number 1 no doubt..whether a its to Cleveland or a team trades up..at the 2nd pick it's Watson or Kizer for us and my man is Watson

I like Kizer, like his potential, but Watson would be a great fit and would help out so much right away. He's a plug and play guy for Chip Kelly.

See honestly I'm interested to see what chip could do with a QB he actually ha d picked and from day 1 can learn only his system and be groomed by him..
I like it! the only position group i am not a fan of is RB. I have question marks about Hyde and Jaquizz is not that good, we just suck that bad.

Honestly, i would like to pick up a better 3rd down back in FA and use multiple late round draft picks on RBs, hoping to hit gold on one of them. RB is the group where we need to find elite talent if we want to get back to the glory days and Hyde/Rodgers dont really seem like the group to get it done
Most of the FA's you listed are garbage.

1. Jeffrey is an injury risk and as you can see, currently isnt putting up any numbers. And i will argue that Cutler/Hoyer are better than Gabbert/Kap. He will be over paid by someone, let it not be 49ers.
2. Jacquizz Rodgers lol - I know he had a good game, but I could play RB for Bucs vs San Fran and put up 100 yds right now. There is a reason this guy was an NFL FA and Tampa signed him cause Martin and Sims went down.
3. Doyle - again too early to see what he can do. You can find guys like him in the 4th or later rounds in the draft.

I dont think there is a point in signing any FA to major money aside from QB. No stud WR or NT is coming here to change the team from 1-15 to 8-8. Need to build through the draft and sign decent players for average cash who our scouts and management think they can turn into above average players in our system.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
I like it! the only position group i am not a fan of is RB. I have question marks about Hyde and Jaquizz is not that good, we just suck that bad.

Honestly, i would like to pick up a better 3rd down back in FA and use multiple late round draft picks on RBs, hoping to hit gold on one of them. RB is the group where we need to find elite talent if we want to get back to the glory days and Hyde/Rodgers dont really seem like the group to get it done

I'd like to see them bring in Andre Ellington. He won't get married yet chances with Johnson there and I'd like to see him get a shot here. Good receiving back coming off an injury. Sign him and draft Elijah McGuire.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

Yeah Hyde being injured a lot hurts and Rodgers is good but not a starter..I understand you completely and this is the draft to do it bc you kno great players will fall bc the position is so stacked..
I like Watson, Kizer, Falk, and the qb from Texas Tech. But first and foremost for the qbs to be successful. Get rid of CHIP. He's proven his system doesn't work. I know our talent is subpar but everyone can see the writing on the wall. Chip equal bad offense and bad defense.
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:

1. Jeffrey is an injury risk and as you can see, currently isnt putting up any numbers. And i will argue that Cutler/Hoyer are better than Gabbert/Kap. He will be over paid by someone, let it not be 49ers.
2. Jacquizz Rodgers lol - I know he had a good game, but I could play RB for Bucs vs San Fran and put up 100 yds right now. There is a reason this guy was an NFL FA and Tampa signed him cause Martin and Sims went down.
3. Doyle - again too early to see what he can do. You can find guys like him in the 4th or later rounds in the draft.

I dont think there is a point in signing any FA to major money aside from QB. No stud WR or NT is coming here to change the team from 1-15 to 8-8. Need to build through the draft and sign decent players for average cash who our scouts and management think they can turn into above average players in our system.

I disagree which is why I have them signing them..Jeffrey is dominant and changes game plans when healthy, Rodgers isn't signed to start but to be a change of pace back and returner if needed, you need players like Rodgers..I like Doyle and he is young and talented who is better then any TE the team has,he is an upgrade..and it's not about signing players and in 1 year we win the super bowl..this is a process..
Originally posted by sc9er1981:
I like Watson, Kizer, Falk, and the qb from Texas Tech. But first and foremost for the qbs to be successful. Get rid of CHIP. He's proven his system doesn't work. I know our talent is subpar but everyone can see the writing on the wall. Chip equal bad offense and bad defense.

No chance chip is gone, Ive said it b4 the niners and him didn't agree on a deal thinking the team will be a contender this year..have to give the guy a chance with real QBs
I hear you jersey but he had his chance in Philly. Look at the Eagles now they are flying high. You will see next season if they keep Chip
Originally posted by sc9er1981:
I hear you jersey but he had his chance in Philly. Look at the Eagles now they are flying high. You will see next season if they keep Chip

I understand completely and in no way am I saying chip is going to be great tho we are all hoping but have to let the man coach real QBs with threats outside..can't fire him bc the personal isn't there after 1 year..that's Baalkes fault..all I'm saying is give the man what he needs and then if he fails peace out kelly go back to college..then they sign the other Kelly from ND tho lol
[ Edited by jersey49er on Oct 24, 2016 at 11:17 AM ]

I hope you are right jersey, but as for me I have seen enough of Kelly. To me the NFL has him figured out, which doesn't take much I might add. All I am saying while we are down let's rebuild the whole thing now. Let's not draft all kelly players then realize down the road that it really is Kelly's system lol. It will just save us a lot of trouble lol.
Killed it! A phenomenal offseason. Great job!
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:

Hoyer ignores Jeffery and prefers the 2nd read Cameron Meredith who he has built chemistry with. Let this guy play for a team with an actual good QB and see what he does.

It's irrelevant IMO because he's not leaving one bad team for another. Bears are in virtually the same position as we are. If he leaves Chicago it's for a team that is gonna be competitive.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by Rgonelove:
Nice idea but idt we need d.Watson.....I think we need to trade back acquire an extra 1&2 and go from there. I think there are some good qb's in this draft.it all depends on the free agents we acquire

I'm taking my top QB if he's there..no way they don't take either Watson or Kizer if available..

you pass on those two all day for garrett. Garrett is one of the best players in a decade to be in the draft. Yes we need a qb who MIGHT end up being a frnchise qb. But garrett is a gaurenteed permanent impact.
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Killed it! A phenomenal offseason. Great job!

Thanks man
Share 49ersWebzone