There are 200 users in the forums

Jreff22 Mock v.1

FO/Coaching Changes
Fire Trent Baalke & John O'Neill
Promote Gamble (this is what I expect-not what I want)
Hire Mike Pettine for DC

Free Agent Acquisitions
Kendall Wright WR
Alshon Jeffery WR
Martellus Bennett TE
Sylvester Williams NT
Brian Hoyer QB

Resign
Thaddeus Lewis QB
Phil Dawson K
Ian Williams DT
Jeremy Kerley WR
Ray-Ray Armstrong OLB
DuJuan Harris RB

Release/Not Resign
Gabbert
Kap
Ponder
MM
Patton
Ellington
Streater
K Martin
Vance
Draughn
Purcell
Harold
Wilhoite
Bellore
TJE
Dorsey
Hodges
Bethea

Trade
Tramaine Brock

DeShone Kizer
QB Notre Dame

What will be the hottest point of discussion until the draft...which QB will be drafting this year? Right now, my gut still says Kizer is the best option for us. He's scheme versatile so we aren't getting locked into a specific skill set that only fits Kelly. I expect Cle to jump at Garrett and go QB with their 2nd first rounder (and possibly using another pick to move up if need be). ND has a terrible team and Kizer's numbers are reflecting that this year. He's better than he's looked the last two weeks and Fullers highlight tape last year proves that. If he's there, he's the pick!

Jarrad Davis
OLB Florida

Davis is a rangy hard hitting OLB that we will move to ILB. He can cover, blitz, take on lineman, and hit with authority. With Bow possibly starting out on the PUP and Ray Ray not under contract (assume he's resigned) we need a major upgrade in the middle. He's not a name being mentioned around here yet, but he should be a standout at the Senior Bowl in a few months.

Carlos Watkins
DT Clemson

We passed on a Clemson DT/NT last year, wont make the same mistake twice. We need a young run stuffing monster in the middle and Watkins can be that guy. With Ian's injury history we need insurance for the future and somebody to groom behind Williams. I would like to see him add around 15lbs of good weight to help anchor against bigger OL, but his talent will get him on the field year one.

Ryan Switzer
WR North Carolina

Mr. Swiss Army Knife. Switzer fits the mold of NE style WR's and wouldn't surprise me if they were already looking at him. He can do a lot of things well, isn't afraid of contact, and is a ST gem. Undersized and while not incredibly fast, he's shifty with sure hands. This is the pick that move's Patton and Ellington of the roster permanently. He's fun to watch and would be a wise addition to help a rookie QB.

4. Comp for Boone
Tyquan Lewis
DE Ohio State

This is probably the 2nd biggest need on the team but the pick had to wait. We wont be hitting on everything we need in one year, its just the reality of the situation. We have a lot of problems at OLB and we will be addressing the position again next year IMO. That being said, Lewis is an immediate upgrade over every OLB except for Lynch. He's not Aldon, nobody outside the first will probably make that kind of immediate impact. But he's been a dominant pass rusher for Ohio State and a defensive leader.

Kyle Fuller
C Baylor

This is the pick that lets us end the 49er career of Marcus Martin. Fuller has been a stalwart for Baylor's front during his career. He's versatile with pass pro and run blocking and can kick out to OG if need be. With this addition we can keep Tiller at RG and move Garnett back to LG next year.

5. Carrier Trade
Deatrich Wise Jr.
DE Arkansas

I got you Fro! Physically, Wise is a lot like Aldon, big and tall with very long arms. His motor runs hot and he's exceptionally good with his hands. Obviously I have him penciled in, but his ability to drop back into coverage and his lateral quickness will need more attention at the combine. None the less, he's very productive and disruptive to opposing teams. I don't want to pull another Tank and draft somebody out of position in the 3-4, so while I like this kid....need to see him in open space in Feb.

James Conner
RB Pittsburgh

Here's our feel good story for the draft. An accurate picture of his kid is the 2014 season:1,765 yards and 26 touchdowns, averaging 5.9 yards per carry. Last year he went out with a knee injury and then was diagnosed with cancer (Hodgkin's lymphoma)-he kicked cancers ass. While his numbers have been good this year, he's still not back to 100% and probably wont be for another year. He's a big RB that will not shy away from contact and will go north and south. He's also been catching a good number of balls this year so he can be a weapon out of the backfield.

6. Davis Trade
Ben Boulware
ILB Clemson

Needs to introduction around here. Overachiever that doesn't stop but has physical limitations. This year's version of Scooby Wright. This is a depth and ST pick this late. I'm not expecting him to start, but I think if called upon he would do much better than Bellore or Wilhoite.

Xavier Woods
SS Louisiana Tech

Small school thumper that racks up a lot of tackles and already has 4 INT's this year (double digits in his career). He's a little undersized for the position but the kid has talent. At this point looking for more competition in the back end is always a good thing and we need somebody will ball hawk skills. This is small school gem you look for in late rounds.

7. Lee Trade
Fabian Moreau
CB UCLA

A favorite of mine last year that ended up breaking his foot and coming back to UCLA. Terrific size and speed that can play in almost any scheme. Willing tackler that wont shy away from contact. His medical will need to check out but he has the talent to make it in the NFL.

Depth Chart
Offense
QB - Kizer (Rookie), Hoyer, Lewis
RB - Hyde, Harris, Davis, Conner (Rookie)
WR - Jeffery, Smith, Wright, Switzer (Rookie), Kerley, Burbridge
TE - Bennett, Bell, Celek
OT - Staley, Brown, Theus
OG - Garnett, Beadles, Tiller
C - Kilgore, Fuller (Rookie)

Defense
NT - S Williams, Watkins (Rookie), I Williams
DE - Buckner, AA, Dial, Blair
OLB - Brooks, Lynch, Lewis (Rookie), Wise (Rookie), Tank
ILB - Bow, Davis (Rookie), Armstrong, Boulware (Rookie)
CB- Ward, Robinson, Redmond, DJ, Reaser, Moreau (Rookie)
FS/SS - Reid, Tartt, Cromartie, Woods (Rookie)

ST
K - Dawson
P - Pinion
LS - Nelson
[ Edited by jreff22 on Oct 24, 2016 at 8:10 AM ]
Might be the worst mock I've ever seen
Originally posted by valrod33:

That's a little harsh lol me personally I like Watson better at this point..But that could change..Have to watch Davis more too but Watkins pick would be amazing and same for Switzer.. The positions you drafted in each round are perfect..as for the FA pick ups I love them..
I like this draft. I prefer Kizer to Watson, and Switzer is a playmaker.

care to explain why?
Updated and Completed
I'm a fan.

Baalke and O'Neil out already had me

Added two playmaking WRs in FA

Drafted QB of the future

Drafted another playmaker at WR

Martin gone

Jerrod Davis in the middle

Insurance to Willams

All of that in one offseason and I'd be extremely excited
[ Edited by Sims19849ers on Oct 24, 2016 at 8:44 AM ]
I don't hate it at all...I don't know if you need to sign both Williams and draft Watkins in the 3rd.

I'd rather go for someone like fields in the 3rd a true pass rush threat (might have to combine 3rd and a 5th to move up bottom of 2nd).

Grab fuller in the 4th or another OT? We can always grab a vet center as a backup in FA...we need depth at tackle because it's pretty empty there.

Overall , I do think the Browns will take Garrett at 1.

Sucks it's week 7 and we are already focused on the draft
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 24, 2016 at 9:01 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I don't hate it at all...I don't know if you need to sign both Williams and draft Watkins in the 3rd.

I'd rather go for someone like fields in the 3rd a true pass rush threat (might have to combine 3rd and a 5th to move up bottom of 2nd).

Grab fuller in the 4th or another OT? We can always grab a vet center as a backup in FA...we need depth at tackle because it's pretty empty there.

Overall , I do think the Browns will take Garrett at 1.

Sucks it's week 7 and we are already focused on the draft

At NT I want to over do it. Ian has had the injury bug for a while now and I don't want to rely on him being the main starter or primary backup with Chips system. We need fresh bodies to rotate with the amount of snaps that will see.

We drafted 2 OT's last year. The only position on the OL is backup C to purge MM from the roster.
Originally posted by jreff22:
At NT I want to over do it. Ian has had the injury bug for a while now and I don't want to rely on him being the main starter or primary backup with Chips system. We need fresh bodies to rotate with the amount of snaps that will see.

We drafted 2 OT's last year. The only position on the OL is backup C to purge MM from the roster.

Yes but we can only play one NT how many players you putting on the active roster? Williams and Williams and the rookie along with Blair, AA, Dial, Buckner? we said we want fresh bodies to rotate but I haven't seen them do that his yr.

I understand the issue with the run D but these guys aren't all gonna play on game days. I will add S Williams has played pretty s**tty vs the run this yr as well.

I like walkns a lot (think he goes higher than the 3rd?) and would rather sign one of the Williams.

Yes we drafted two late rd OT neither have shown much and one was cut and sent to the PS.

I like the overall draft but would go in other direction there.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 24, 2016 at 9:57 AM ]

i was a fan of Kizer but he looks like too much of a risk. I question his football IQ. Im not going to act like i am a QB guru know-it-all but i just wouldnt take the risk.

Watson is by far the safest choice and i dont think our franchise can take a swing and miss with top 3 pick like that

Other than the QB pick, i like everything. Dont know if we need Kendall Wright if we are taking Switzer. Switzer i think will be more productive
Florida defense has a bunch of good players
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i was a fan of Kizer but he looks like too much of a risk. I question his football IQ. Im not going to act like i am a QB guru know-it-all but i just wouldnt take the risk.

Watson is by far the safest choice and i dont think our franchise can take a swing and miss with top 3 pick like that

Other than the QB pick, i like everything. Dont know if we need Kendall Wright if we are taking Switzer. Switzer i think will be more productive

Still a lot of ball left for Kizer and Watson. If Kelly can get his s**t together ND should be a lot better. Right now Kizer is playing with what we had last year on the O....not a lot.
  • fan49
  • Veteran

I cant imagine any GM passing on a talent like Garrett for a Maybe franchise qb.. Just can't!
Originally posted by fan49:

I cant imagine any GM passing on a talent like Garrett for a Maybe franchise qb.. Just can't!

Garrett is going #1 overall....we aren't drafting #1 overall.
Share 49ersWebzone