LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 354 users in the forums

LG Quenton Nelson - Notre Dame - Jr

Originally posted by Heroism:
Looking like a better pick after every Sunday.

Nelson at LG, Jensen at C sounding extra sexy after today.
Our interior O line is horrible. Let's grab this guy to help keep Jimmy G healthy.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Nelson at LG, Jensen at C sounding extra sexy after today.

Would be VERY happy with this for next year.
With the first pick in the NFL draft... The San Francisco 49ers select... A guard. lol
Originally posted by Waterbear:
With the first pick in the NFL draft... The San Francisco 49ers select... A guard. lol

And I'd be psyched as hell about it, though I hope they'd trade down a bit first but after the OL debacle today, I'm not sure how anyone could be upset at the possibility of adding a stud guard prospect that could be a high quality starter for a decade.
Need to trade down to the teens and draft him.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

He'll be long gone by then.

He's the top OL prospect in the draft. He'll most likely be gone by Pick 10, if not sooner. He's legitimately THAT good of a guard prospect.

Think of a more athletic and mobile version of Iupati that can actually pass block. That is Nelson.
He could still be there at 10.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Waterbear:

And I'd be psyched as hell about it, though I hope they'd trade down a bit first but after the OL debacle today, I'm not sure how anyone could be upset at the possibility of adding a stud guard prospect that could be a high quality starter for a decade.

I think the best draft would be to trade down and draft him but if we can't trade down and Barkley is still there I would take him as of right now.

Sure. And he could be gone by 10 too. I think a lot depends on how impressive the QBs are at the combine and in workouts. Teams like Cleveland, NYJ, NYG,Arizona,Miami, and LAC could all draft in the top 10 and take a QB. There are several guys out there... Jackson, Rosen, Darnold,and Rudolph, that teams may want to draft or trade up in the top 10 to draft.

If he blows up at the Combine he'll be gone sooner. Mel Kiper said that Nelson is one of the top guard prospects he's seen in 35 years. . I think the hype will only grow more and more as we get into the offseason.

We need this Larry Allen-type.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RumphSteak:
We need this Larry Allen-type.

I don't know about all that; but he's going to at least be a Steve Hutchinson type.
Share 49ersWebzone