LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Devonte Fields OLB Louisville

Really like Fields, but there is zero chance this guy is on the 49ers board if Chip and Gamble are in charge.

John Middlekauff, former Eagles scout, said Chip didn't have Aaron Lynch and Carlos Hyde on his board at all because of off-field issues. He talked about how Chip would have them dig deeeeep for any potential red flags.

Devonte Fields baggage is significantly worse than both than those two. Middlekauff talked about how Chip put a premium on high character guys and had zero tolerance when it came to guys with off-field issues.

There's a very good chance he could be a 49er if Baalke is still around...
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 29, 2016 at 11:18 PM ]
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
How much say to you think Chip will have w/ Gamble?
too much
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 29, 2016 at 11:54 PM ]
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by Heroism:
too much

ugh.
Really like Fields, but there is zero chance this guy is on the 49ers board if Chip and Gamble are in charge.

John Middlekauff, former Eagles scout, said Chip didn't have Aaron Lynch and Carlos Hyde on his board at all because of off-field issues. He talked about how Chip would have them dig deeeeep for any potential red flags.

Devonte Fields baggage is significantly worse than both than those two. Middlekauff talked about how Chip put a premium on high character guys and had zero tolerance when it came to guys with off-field issues.

I remember reading that he liked tarrt and he was gonna be the pick in the 2nd but we took him right before their pick, so they grabbed Rowe
too much

Agreed it's gonna be just like in philly which is why I'd rather keep baalke and chip for one more yr, then fire baalke and promote gamble.

We have another yr like this one and everything HAS to be blown up.

No more of this promoting within BS it solves nothing.
I have no idea about Tartt, but you guys need to hear some of Middlekauff's stories when he worked with Chip. He has a great story about when him and Chip got into a heated argument because Chip thought Matt Barkley would be good and Middlekauff thought he would be terrible.

I fear for our future. Not only will our talent evaluating be sketchy, but now we'll be removing talented players off the board. SMFH At least baalke would draft a guy with talent regardless of the off-field BS.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I remember reading that he liked tarrt and he was gonna be the pick in the 2nd but we took him right before their pick, so they grabbed Rowe

I remember that too. I didn't even know Tarts had character concerns. What did he do?
Originally posted by fan49:
I would love a qb too. But this is not a great qb class. There is no one to be enamored with. Only two for sure players worth a top 5 no matter what is garrett and fournette

My preferred plan would be Garrett then trade our 2nd for Jimmy G...there's are version of Mack/Carr

yeah I really like the thought of Garrett and Jimmy. If Garrett is gone I'd hope to find a trade down partner get the highest rated Wr Williams/Davis and pick up at least another 2 with ours take Christian McCaffrey an 2nd we got in trade would go towards Jimmy
if Christian Is gone Devonte fields would be nice
[ Edited by Zachary13White on Dec 30, 2016 at 2:53 PM ]
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Oh s**t s**t. I loved him s**t. He is beasts for good pass rush. I must watch him for play this Saturday? He is play for TCU? Let me know. He will play against to college game and when? Let me know please.

He plays for Louisville and they play LSU on the 31st

Cool. He will play game against at who team? And when is game?

Louisville Cardinals
9-3, 2nd in Atlantic Division
Citrus Bowl
Sat, Dec 31, 10:00 AM on ABC
Camping World Stadium, Orlando, Florida

19LSU
Tigers(7-4)

15Louisville
Cardinals(9-3)

I can't wait watch this Saturday. Thanks NY

Hey guys. We must watch Devonte Fields OLB by twm morning. I must watch him. Please watch him play game by twm morning. I think, he is beasts for good pass rush. He is kinda good tech.

Louisville edge rusher Devonte Fields will work with the LB position at the NFL Combine.

Fields' path throughout his collegiate career is a windy one. He typically played defensive end, but was asked to drop in some situations. We would not call it a strength, so any four front or five front scheme he plays in should feature him as a pass rusher.
Get eeem
Where is he projected to go now? Could be a huge value pick, like Aaron Lynch a few years ago.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Where is he projected to go now? Could be a huge value pick, like Aaron Lynch a few years ago.

Could be potentially great but not motivated enough.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
cbs sports has him 4-5th round
Share 49ersWebzone