LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Just Another Mock 1

Round 1 - Myles Garrett OLB Texas A&M
Our run defense sucks, Harold isn't starter material and Brooks is getting older every year. He is easily the best NCAA defender on the run and on the pass and better than anyone in last year draft except, maybe, Jalen Ramsey. Lynch, Armstead, Buckner and Garrett would be destructive on the pass rush.

Trade - A draft pick between 20-25 overall for SF 2nd round pick, SF 4th round pick and WAS 5th round pick.

Round 1(trade) - Mitch Trubisky QB North Carolina
Gabbert and Kaepernick aren't NFL starters and it seems they can't have more than 250 passing yards and 2TDs in a game. My first option was DeShone Kizer but I think he will be already gone when we will have our pick and Myles Garrett is to good to pass. So I'm going with my second favourite QB in this draft class. Trubisky has been an elite QB this year, he has made almost all throws and he can run.

Round 3 - Cooper Kupp WR Eastern Washington
5476 yards and 63 TDs in 44 games. OK it's the FCS but it's still impressive.

Round 5 - Derrick Nnadi NT Florida State
Ian Williams is injury-prone. He is great but he spends more time injured than healthy. Also Mike Purcell sucks. So why not get a guy who is good and who can stay healthy? Lowell Lotulelei can be this guy.

Round 6 - Hardy Nickerson ILB Illinois
He has the pedigree and he has the quality. He would be the main backup for Armstrong and Bowman.

Round 7 - Isaiah McKenzie WR/Returner Georgia
All of our returners suck so why not spend a 7th round pick on a guy that can do it.
Love it.
Hate it
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Like it
Not a bad mock
I like the Myles Garrett part. I would like to take a page out of the Raiders playbook and address the other areas of need first (i.e. ILB, TE, WR) before getting the QB. I feel that once the rest of the team is better, any guy under center will succeed.
Originally posted by DarkShinobiX:
I like the Myles Garrett part. I would like to take a page out of the Raiders playbook and address the other areas of need first (i.e. ILB, TE, WR) before getting the QB. I feel that once the rest of the team is better, any guy under center will succeed.

The issue is we have no qb for next yr not even a bridge guy...I will not whatch they play next yr if someone like mike glennon is our starter.

A lot of those positions your talking about can be found in FA and are very dependent of having a capable qb. You can have the best TE/WR combo in the league not gonna matter if you can't get them the ball.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

The issue is we have no qb for next yr not even a bridge guy...I will not whatch they play next yr if someone like mike glennon is our starter.

A lot of those positions your talking about can be found in FA and are very dependent of having a capable qb. You can have the best TE/WR combo in the league not gonna matter if you can't get them the ball.

Derek Carr played all 16 games his rookie year. I think these first 2 picks are ideal, could be a better Khalil Mack and Derek Carr haul that the Raiders had in 2014.
I gotta give Trubisky a better look.
Originally posted by Cooper22:
Derek Carr played all 16 games his rookie year. I think these first 2 picks are ideal, could be a better Khalil Mack and Derek Carr haul that the Raiders had in 2014.

Not every QB is Derek Carr and I'm pretty sure they went 3-13 that yr. They also had Matt Schaub as the need be bridge QB that yr.

I wouldn't hate this draft if we weren't in a place to draft one of the top two QBs. Also you can't just "hope" your QB of the future will be there in the 2nd rd (or in a move up). QB over OLB

Originally posted by lamontb:

This. We need a high pick qb, one way or another. Whoever we take is going to take some time to develop so next spring is the time.
Originally posted by Cooper22:

Not every QB is Derek Carr and I'm pretty sure they went 3-13 that yr. They also had Matt Schaub as the need be bridge QB that yr.

I wouldn't hate this draft if we weren't in a place to draft one of the top two QBs. Also you can't just "hope" your QB of the future will be there in the 2nd rd (or in a move up). QB over OLB

I think we'd be going 3-13 regardless if we have a number 1 draft pick playing qb, a bridge qb, or a late 1st, early 2nd round qb.

Myles Garrett is the talent you can't pass up for anyone in this draft imo.

I also don't put Trubisky too far behind Kizer or Watson so that also effects my opinion I guess.
throw in alshon jeffrey in FA and id call this a very successful offseason.

Also we would probably need to add a bridge QB. Maybe if Romo becomes available
  • fan49
  • Veteran

if we are rebuilding we are rebuilding. garrett will have way more impact than watson
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by lamontb:

This. We need a high pick qb, one way or another. Whoever we take is going to take some time to develop so next spring is the time.

theres no qb in this draft that can outway garretts ability. not even close
Share 49ersWebzone