2) CHICAGO - Myles Garrett; DE - Texas AM

3) MIAMI - DeShaun Watson; QB - Clemson

4) SF 49ERS - Mike Williams; WR - Clemson

5) JAGZ - Leonard Fournette; RB - LSU

6) CAROLINA - Cam Robinson; OT - Alabama

7) NY JETS - Jabrill Peppers; SS - Michigan

8) SAN DIEGO - Brad Kaaya; QB - Miami

9) NEW ORLEANS - Malik McDowell; DT - Mich State
Not bad. I don't see the Jets passing on a QB but Peppers is to good to pass on.
Good mock. I only have a few concerns.

Don't see Miami taking Watson. Tannehill still has around 15 million guaranteed next year so he gets at least 1 more year in Gase's offense IMO. They'll probably grab a guy later though.

Don't see the Jets passing on a QB even though I love Peppers.

Not saying Robinson is a bad kid as he's only had the one incident, but if I had to bet I'd say his stock probably took a hit from that incident. He's looking more like somewhere in the Top 15 IMO just like Tunsil this year.
[ Edited by Chibamarines on Oct 13, 2016 at 1:51 PM ]
Mike Williams isn't a top 5 talent
Mike Williams when we don't even have a decent QB to throw to him?
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Alfienator:

So in this scenario who would you have the niners draft in that spot?
Originally posted by Tman:

Either a QB or pass rusher. Jonathan Allan, Tim Williams, Derek Barnett maybe even Brad Kayaa. Depends on if the Niners actually makes any move in free agency.
  • Tman
  • Veteran

Either a QB or pass rusher. Jonathan Allan, Tim Williams, Derek Barnett maybe even Brad Kayaa. Depends on if the Niners actually makes any move in free agency.

Not at 4 overall

Barnett though
[ Edited by Tman on Oct 13, 2016 at 3:58 PM ]

Jabrill Peppers, Leonard Fournette, or trade back.

Peppers is a monster. It's a little early to call Tartt a bust, but Peppers would be a massive upgrade over Tartt and Bethea is getting old. Reid is a big concussion risk, so Tartt would be insurance at safety.

Fournette would instantly be our #1 RB. Hyde is a solid RB, but he will probably get hurt on and off throughout his career given his running style. Kelly wants to run the ball and we could wear down defenses with these two.

WR is a much bigger need than RB or SS, but I don't think we can pass up BPA when our team is rebuilding. We need talent at most positions and can always address WR in another round or through free agency.

Teez Tabor is another option and could be one of the BPA at 4. We don't have a true #1 CB on the roster right now and he could become one. Williams is good, but I don't know if he's good enough that you can overlook the injury risk at 4.
[ Edited by eastcoast49ersfan on Oct 13, 2016 at 4:05 PM ]
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

Peppers is a monster. It's a little early to call Tartt a bust, but Peppers would be a massive upgrade over Tartt and Bethea is getting old. Reid is a big concussion risk, so Tartt would be insurance at safety.

Fournette would instantly be our #1 RB. Hyde is a solid RB, but he will probably get hurt on and off throughout his career given his running style. Kelly wants to run the ball and we could wear down defenses with these two.

WR is a much bigger need than RB or SS, but I don't think we can pass up BPA when our team is rebuilding. We need talent at most positions and can always address WR in another round or through free agency.

Teez Tabor is another option and could be one of the BPA at 4. We don't have a true #1 CB on the roster right now and he could become one. Williams is good, but I don't know if he's good enough that you can overlook the injury risk at 4.

Omg yes!! Peppers is a freaking stud

I'd go Barnett
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

Fournette's running style is the same and here's currently hurt. Peppers is a stud but more secondary no thank you.

Our secondary isn't this issue currently we have nothing at pass rush, WR, or qb. If we miss on the top two qbs and Myles I like Barnett.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Jabrill Peppers would be too damn hard to pass up. And since Baalke tried to trade up for Ramsey, I'm willing to bet he doesn't pass on Peppers.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Jabrill Peppers would be too damn hard to pass up. And since Baalke tried to trade up for Ramsey, I'm willing to bet he doesn't pass on Peppers.

Hard to justify but yeah Peppers is a freak of nature.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Baalke won't be here. 😎👍
Share 49ersWebzone