LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 317 users in the forums

What would you give up to New England for the rights to Jimmy Garropolo??

What would you give up to New England for the rights to Jimmy Garropolo??

Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:
Have you heard of Matt Cassel? No thanks.

Not a good example.

His best year was still outside of New England. Also this guy couldn't beat out Leinart down at USC and hadn't started a game since HS. Jimmy G on the other hand was a 2nd round pick. Might've been a 1st himself if he played for a bigger school than Eastern Illinois.
They are gonna want too much they invested a 2nd and are gonna want more than that in return. No thanks I'm not investing 1st rd pick off of 3 games in a totally different offense PLUS you're gonna have to pay him something along the lines of what Brock got this season

IF Josh McDaniels comes with him as the HC that's a different story
Originally posted by Chibamarines:

Not a good example.

His best year was still outside of New England. Also this guy couldn't beat out Leinart down at USC and hadn't started a game since HS. Jimmy G on the other hand was a 2nd round pick. Might've been a 1st himself if he played for a bigger school than Eastern Illinois.

So are your willing to throw a 1st rd pick (most likely a high one) OR 2 2nds? They are gonna want more then they originally gave up for him PLUS we would have to sign him to a Brock like contract...you cool with giving up all that off of 3 games in a different offense??
Originally posted by NYniner85:
They are gonna want too much they invested a 2nd and are gonna want more than that in return. No thanks I'm not investing 1st rd pick off of 3 games in a totally different offense PLUS you're gonna have to pay him something along the lines of what Brock got this season

IF Josh McDaniels comes with him as the HC that's a different story

ya he would cost too much. we would have to give up a 1st and probably even a 2nd.
Based on what I've seen I'd give up a 2nd...possibly a 3rd. He was pretty highly touted coming out of college and I liked what I saw of him when he started
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Oct 13, 2016 at 2:44 PM ]

Cassel was a 7th round pick that was never in the same class as JG. The only reason he was even on anyone's radar was because he was the backup at USC behind Leinart and Palmer
Originally posted by Chibamarines:

Not a good example.

So are your willing to throw a 1st rd pick (most likely a high one) OR 2 2nds? They are gonna want more then they originally gave up for him PLUS we would have to sign him to a Brock like contract...you cool with giving up all that off of 3 games in a different offense??

Giving up the Niners 2nd pick this year would already be giving them a return on their original investment .
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Giving up the Niners 2nd pick this year would already be giving them a return on their original investment .

Why would they want what the originally gave up for him? That's not a return out your investment IMO. They developed him a got really nothing in return? Bradford was worth a 1st an 4th this yr.

Why would they want what the originally gave up for him? That's not a return out your investment IMO. They developed him a got really nothing in return? Bradford was worth a 1st an 4th this yr.

Since when is the #62 pick equivalent to a very early 2nd? They'd essentially be flipping an early 3rd for a late 1st
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Oct 13, 2016 at 2:42 PM ]

If another team offers a better deal then so be it. Baalke is very attached to his picks so if he were to try and trade for Jimmy I'm betting it would be multiple late round picks and a conditional pick the following year. But I'm sure a team like the Jets or Cards would throw a lot more than the niners since those teams probably won't be in the running for a top pick at season end.

Since when is the #62 pick equivalent to a very early 2nd? They'd essentially be flipping an early 3rd for a late 1st

I still see it as a 2nd rd pick and you think we'd be the only people looking at him? Plus having to pay him Brock money off of 3 starts nope
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

If another team offers a better deal then so be it. Baalke is very attached to his picks so if he were to try and trade for Jimmy I'm betting it would be multiple late round picks and a conditional pick the following year. But I'm sure a team like the Jets or Cards would throw a lot more than the niners since those teams probably won't be in the running for a top pick at season end.

They'd laugh in our face is we offered a bunch of late rd picks lol.

I still see it as a 2nd rd pick and you think we'd be the only people looking at him? Plus having to pay him Brock money off of 3 starts nope

So you don't thing there is a difference between 62 and 33? If that's the case then trade value charts are way off.
as I've stated before if he's the real deal and the HC believes that then you get it done.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Oct 13, 2016 at 2:48 PM ]
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

They'd laugh in our face is we offered a bunch of late rd picks lol.

That's Baalke though. He's pulled in good players by offering very little like Boldin. I don't expect us to trade for Jimmy unless the price is cheap and other teams will be bidding for him and we will be quickly folding.
So you don't thing there is a difference between 62 and 31? If that's the case then trade value charts are way off.
as I've stated before if he's the real deal and the HC believes that then you get it done.

Dude Sam Bradford just cost at least a 1st and a 4th (could be higher) he's older and injury prone with not a ton of great film.

Your high if you think a 2nd rd pick is gonna get it done...I don't care if it's the 36th pick they aren't gonna take that IMO. I do not want to spend a top 10 pick on a qb with three starts to his name running a totoally different offense AND have to pay him...you keep forgetting that we have to sign him if we trade for him as well.
Share 49ersWebzone