LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 338 users in the forums

2017 CBS Draft Projections

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
And play who at qb next yr? Chip isn't gonna throw another backup as his starter...he needs improvement or he's gonna lose his job and it starts with the qb in his system.

This D is getting killed. What good will a rookie QB do if he's gonna be asked score 28 or more a game? I say you spend your first few picks in this year's draft in D and go hard for some free agent WR and even possibly a QB.

There's more than one pass rusher in this draft, there's actually some very good ones outside of Myles.there are not very good qbs outside of the top 2 or 3 IMO.

We've been spending the first couple picks on D for yrs lol.

You keep going 3-outs with this system your D is gonna play bad no matter what...we actually score points and kill more clock the D will be fresh and have to focus on defending the pass more than run D.

This. We have gone defense from 2013 - 2016 in the first round. Granted there are injuries, but I even if NaVorro Bowman was in his 2013 form, we still wouldn't have a good defense. If we could sign a NT and/or get Dorsey and Ian Williams back, as well as another ILB, that would at least make us middle of the pack. Get another pass rusher and we can potentially do some things. But all of it will be a moot point if we don't have an offense that can hold onto the ball.
I really don't see this 9er team winning any more games this year. We are going to take either the first pick in the draft or second depending on whether the Browns win 2 games. Haven't looked at their schedule, but I know we have the greatest strength of schedule and its pretty glaring. We need the QB that most resembles a pocket passer and has a mature attitude. Hope this year has that guy.

I also think we need to trade for a guy like Green Bay's back up. You know the guy that has our number?
[ Edited by LionHeartofGold on Oct 9, 2016 at 9:10 AM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
And play who at qb next yr? Chip isn't gonna throw another backup as his starter...he needs improvement or he's gonna lose his job and it starts with the qb in his system.

This D is getting killed. What good will a rookie QB do if he's gonna be asked score 28 or more a game? I say you spend your first few picks in this year's draft in D and go hard for some free agent WR and even possibly a QB.

There's more than one pass rusher in this draft, there's actually some very good ones outside of Myles.there are not very good qbs outside of the top 2 or 3 IMO.

We've been spending the first couple picks on D for yrs lol.

You keep going 3-outs with this system your D is gonna play bad no matter what...we actually score points and kill more clock the D will be fresh and have to focus on defending the pass more than run D.

This. We have gone defense from 2013 - 2016 in the first round. Granted there are injuries, but I even if NaVorro Bowman was in his 2013 form, we still wouldn't have a good defense. If we could sign a NT and/or get Dorsey and Ian Williams back, as well as another ILB, that would at least make us middle of the pack. Get another pass rusher and we can potentially do some things. But all of it will be a moot point if we don't have an offense that can hold onto the ball.

IMO Niners should switch back to 4-3 defense because we don't have the players to run this scheme as it should. Also Jim O'Neil have been schooled for last 4 games and if he goes there is nobody with 3-4 defense background to turn around this defense with same intensity back to 2012 season. Rex Ryan might be axed but doubtful he accepts a lesser DC job, John Fox same but only work the 4-3 defense, Dick Lebeau best days are gone, Teryl Austin gonna have a HC offers then finally Fangio doubt he want to come back after Baalke and York tossed him like garbage. I really wanted Schwartz this season because he could bring a new attitude for these players with his scheme. While I don't like idea of bringing Gus Bradley because looks like Mike Smith when he left Jags but also he was real pain for us with his scheme and I doubt he gets another season as HC neither any HC offer around the league. Also give some Intel of how Seahawks work and use it against Carroll's team.
Originally posted by NIMV4683:
IMO Niners should switch back to 4-3 defense because we don't have the players to run this scheme as it should. Also Jim O'Neil have been schooled for last 4 games and if he goes there is nobody with 3-4 defense background to turn around this defense with same intensity back to 2012 season. Rex Ryan might be axed but doubtful he accepts a lesser DC job, John Fox same but only work the 4-3 defense, Dick Lebeau best days are gone, Teryl Austin gonna have a HC offers then finally Fangio doubt he want to come back after Baalke and York tossed him like garbage. I really wanted Schwartz this season because he could bring a new attitude for these players with his scheme. While I don't like idea of bringing Gus Bradley because looks like Mike Smith when he left Jags but also he was real pain for us with his scheme and I doubt he gets another season as HC neither any HC offer around the league. Also give some Intel of how Seahawks work and use it against Carroll's team.

IF Gus Bradley were to be fired, he would be a great addition as a Dcoordinator
I could see us signing Jay Cutler and taking Kizer/Watson or Williams/Schuster
Originally posted by Zachary13White:

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

as sad as it is Cutler would be an upgrade

the wz could crash if that happened. no thank you.

Almost any QB would be a better option, I'd take a semi-crippled Tony Romo over that self entitled douche.

Almost any QB would be a better option, I'd take a semi-crippled Tony Romo over that self entitled douche.

What are your thoughts on Browning? He's from our area so I watched him a lot in HS. I thought he's looked pretty good at Washington.

Cutler running the read option lol

Cutler running the read option lol

If we are going to have a veteran QB while our QB sits and learns, I much rather have Tony Romo
Originally posted by asu49ers:
If we are going to have a veteran QB while our QB sits and learns, I much rather have Tony Romo

At least he's accurate
Browns are going to keep Kessler. He's actually playing pretty decently. I think if they get the #1, of which I am not convinced, then I see them taking a trade or Garrett.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Browns are going to keep Kessler. He's actually playing pretty decently. I think if they get the #1, of which I am not convinced, then I see them taking a trade or Garrett.

I think Garrett will be the #1 pick.
Share 49ersWebzone