There are 170 users in the forums

2017 CBS Draft Projections

Originally posted by NYniner85:
And play who at qb next yr? Chip isn't gonna throw another backup as his starter...he needs improvement or he's gonna lose his job and it starts with the qb in his system.

This D is getting killed. What good will a rookie QB do if he's gonna be asked score 28 or more a game? I say you spend your first few picks in this year's draft in D and go hard for some free agent WR and even possibly a QB.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I'm completely fine with taking Watson especially to run chips offense not a huge learning curve. Love Myles but there are some good pass rushers in this draft.

We have no qb after this season lol it has to be looked at m.

I might be the only one who actually wants Watson more then Kizer who I think won't come out this year but I think Watson like you said will kil Chips scheme..the kid Kaaya is impressing me tonight too..his accuracy is on point..
I might be the only one who actually wants Watson more then Kizer who I think won't come out this year but I think Watson like you said will kil Chips scheme..the kid Kaaya is impressing me tonight too..his accuracy is on point..if not Watson and say the niners do go Garrett the I want Mahomes in the 2nd or trade up..

I see no reason as to why he would stay? His team is crap around him, maybe if they were a top squad knocking on a national title but they aren't close.

There is no value for him to stay at all.

I like kaaya but like you just saw he makes silly mistakes like red zone INTs...I just don't see him as a fit for chip. Wouldn't hate it if all 3 guys ahead of him are gone.

I just think Kizer staying will help him more..ND always has talent..what I'm saying is he will be even better next year bc the team will be better..I agree onKaaya..this is my 1st time watching him live this year
If we do bad, I want either Watson, Kizer, or Garrett in top 3, if we do ok, I'm in love with the idea of Raekwon McMillan next to Bow at ILB.

A kid to keep an eye out for in 1st rd is Houston OLB Steven Taylor, 27.5 sacks in his career entering this weeks game against Navy, kid is a tackling machine.
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
And play who at qb next yr? Chip isn't gonna throw another backup as his starter...he needs improvement or he's gonna lose his job and it starts with the qb in his system.

This D is getting killed. What good will a rookie QB do if he's gonna be asked score 28 or more a game? I say you spend your first few picks in this year's draft in D and go hard for some free agent WR and even possibly a QB.

Because the rookie QB will play beyond next year. If you wait until you actually have a good D or even more players on offense, you may not even be in position to take a franchise QB. As for free agent QBs, it isn't too often that the better ones hit the market. Your best bet is the draft.

This D has talent, just need them to pan out, Buckner, Armstead, Dial, Ward, Robinson, Blair, Lynch, Harold, Bow, Reid, Tartt, Bethea are all signed fir 2017. Plus they can always upgrade OLB, and CB in free agency, when they have to start spending. Plus Ian Williams should be brought back if healthy.

As much as I love Myles Garrett, we need a franchise QB, sooner or later, I'd rather it be sooner than later.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
This D has talent, just need them to pan out, Buckner, Armstead, Dial, Ward, Robinson, Blair, Lynch, Harold, Bow, Reid, Tartt, Bethea are all signed fir 2017. Plus they can always upgrade OLB, and CB in free agency, when they have to start spending. Plus Ian Williams should be brought back if healthy.

As much as I love Myles Garrett, we need a franchise QB, sooner or later, I'd rather it be sooner than later.

I'm not saying wait forever but I think the 2018 QB is going to be insane. We build up the D by drafting a pass rusher, NT and inside linebacker and we're looking at a vastly improved D heading in 2018 with a rookie who will not need to play light out to make us competitive. I understand the want for a QB now but I say our top 5 draft pick in 2018 could land us one hell of a QB.
I want the best player in college football.

http://thespun.com/news/rutgers-attempt-tackle-jabrill-peppers

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/10/8/13214366/rutgers-trying-to-tackle-jabrill-peppers-goes-poorly

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/columnists/drew-sharp/2016/10/09/michigan-football-jabrill-peppers-heisman-trophy/91818612/

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000717313/article/jim-harbaugh-sees-jabrill-peppers-winning-heisman
Sick... Explosive...

I said it early before the season started. He has the "it" factor. They are calling him Mr. Everything. Star in the making.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Oct 8, 2016 at 10:57 PM ]
If we do bad, I want either Watson, Kizer, or Garrett in top 3, if we do ok, I'm in love with the idea of Raekwon McMillan next to Bow at ILB.

A kid to keep an eye out for in 1st rd is Houston OLB Steven Taylor, 27.5 sacks in his career entering this weeks game against Navy, kid is a tackling machine.

Before ILB I think WR is needed so in the teens I want Mike Williams.. But McMillan is a beast..who goes 1st him or foster ?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Not much of a Watson fan or any of these QB's.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Sign a FA next season and also draft future QB... two or all of the QBs we have now could be gone next year or sooner (trade deadline coming).

Who we signing? And I'm tired of drafting mid tier qbs that need time to develop...

I just think Kizer staying will help him more..ND always has talent..what I'm saying is he will be even better next year bc the team will be better..I agree onKaaya..this is my 1st time watching him live this year

I'm sorry I just don't agree with staying a extra yr when your projected to be a top 3 pick...there is zero value for him to stay on a losing team (where's the talent this yr if they always have it?). We've seen far too many qbs stay a extra yr then get hurt or play worse.

He's not staying another yr

Before ILB I think WR is needed so in the teens I want Mike Williams.. But McMillan is a beast..who goes 1st him or foster ?

FA for WR

There's more than one pass rusher in this draft, there's actually some very good ones outside of Myles.there are not very good qbs outside of the top 2 or 3 IMO.

We've been spending the first couple picks on D for yrs lol.

You keep going 3-outs with this system your D is gonna play bad no matter what...we actually score points and kill more clock the D will be fresh and have to focus on defending the pass more than run D.
I'm not saying wait forever but I think the 2018 QB is going to be insane. We build up the D by drafting a pass rusher, NT and inside linebacker and we're looking at a vastly improved D heading in 2018 with a rookie who will not need to play light out to make us competitive. I understand the want for a QB now but I say our top 5 draft pick in 2018 could land us one hell of a QB.

I see guys with plenty of questions. Josh Rosen hasnt shown any real progress thus far in his sophomore year, Lamar Jackson gets away with being a tremendous runner in college, in the NFL he will have to learn to throw from the pocket.

If Kizer, Kaaya and Watson a come out, this QB class will have plenty of talent at the top.

The "just wait until next year, best QB class EVER" rhetoric never really pans out. A lot of guys get hyped up because nobody actually sits down to pick apart their weaknesses until it looks like they are eligible and a good bet to enter the draft.

There is never a "perfect QB class" once every player has been nitpicked to death yet every year teams somehow manage to find productive quarterbacks.

At some point you just gave to go and get a QB prospect that you like and hope for the best.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 9, 2016 at 5:04 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I see guys with plenty of questions. Josh Rosen hasnt shown any real progress thus far in his sophomore year, Lamar Jackson gets away with being a tremendous runner in college, in the NFL he will have to learn to throw from the pocket.

If Kizer, Kaaya and Watson a come out, this QB class will have plenty of talent at the top.

The "just wait until next year, best QB class EVER" rhetoric never really pans out. A lot of guys get hyped up because nobody actually sits down to pick apart their weaknesses until it looks like they are eligible and a good bet to enter the draft.

There is never a "perfect QB class" once every player has been nitpicked to death yet every year teams somehow manage to find productive quarterbacks.

At some point you just gave to go and get a QB prospect that you like and hope for the best.

If we have a shot at Kizer or kaaya... we take it
Share 49ersWebzone