LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 412 users in the forums

The Kelly/Gamble Mock

I dont want any Ex Patriot QBs.. They always look good under Bill and be terrible once they leave, Just like his coaches when they try to Head Coach.. Pass on Jimmy G
Nice job..i like Jimmy G and actually think 2 2nd rd picks might be enough considering they are so early in the 2nd..maybe toss them a 4th too..lost of free agents other then Teo and Foster I love your free agents signed especially Dre Kirkpatrick, it takes time for CBs to flourish plus he barely played his 1st season with Cincy..Your draft is good too bc of the 1st pick mostly lol idk if Corey Davis will be around in the 3rd..his numbers are great and his size and speed will have teams fall in love..not a fan of trading Tank since he only spent 4 games as an OLB, could never have too many pass rushers, also hate moving Ward again, I want the guy to stick to 1 positon and perfect It as much as possible.
Jimmy G shouldn't cost that much. The guy has 2 career starts. Alex had a whole lot more experience and was coming off a great full season with a cheap contract. Jimmy will only have one year left and will need to get paid. He should only cost 1 2nd.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Jimmy G shouldn't cost that much. The guy has 2 career starts. Alex had a whole lot more experience and was coming off a great full season with a cheap contract. Jimmy will only have one year left and will need to get paid. He should only cost 1 2nd.

idk man that's not enough..look at what Bradford cost the Vikings and his resume is pretty horrible plus 2 torn ACLs..tho Minny was trading desperate..
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jersey49er:

idk man that's not enough..look at what Bradford cost the Vikings and his resume is pretty horrible plus 2 torn ACLs..tho Minny was trading desperate..

Vikings are in a win now mode and made the move knowing Bridgewater is 1-2 years away from ever returning to the field.

Kelly and Belichick have a solid relationship and there's mutual respect. Our picks should be higher than most QB needy teams.

Bradford is an outlier of a deal. We've consistently seen two 2nd round picks closing the deal on these types of QBs. Mixed results? Yes. But this would be Kelly's hand picked QB.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Vikings are in a win now mode and made the move knowing Bridgewater is 1-2 years away from ever returning to the field.

Kelly and Belichick have a solid relationship and there's mutual respect. Our picks should be higher than most QB needy teams.

Bradford is an outlier of a deal. We've consistently seen two 2nd round picks closing the deal on these types of QBs. Mixed results? Yes. But this would be Kelly's hand picked QB.

I agree 2 2nd round picks should get it done but not 1 2nd round pick..I think the Pats would be happy with the 2 picks considering they are basically flipping him plus higher picks in each round..
This is a dream offseason besides Foster...
Originally posted by DeHubb:
I dont want any Ex Patriot QBs.. They always look good under Bill and be terrible once they leave, Just like his coaches when they try to Head Coach.. Pass on Jimmy G

And by "they" you mean one, that being Matt Cassel. Trying to compare a guy who was a 7th round pick and frankly outplayed his draft position quite a bit versus a QB in Garoppolo that is a better prospect in every way just doesn't add up.

The argument that because Cassel didn't work out means Garoppolo won't either to me fails a basic test of logic. Correlation does not equal causation. Two vastly different QB's aren't necessarily going to have the same outcomes just because they came out of the same system.

It was widely reported that teams were flat out gouging the Vikings, knowing that they were desperate. If that trade happened in the offseason, I doubt that Minnesota would have given up any more than a 2nd round pick at best.
EJ Manuel

Originally posted by 9er4lyphe:
Te'o and Bowman? I'd like that

So our starting ILBs are BOTH coming off torn Achilles
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 5, 2016 at 6:02 PM ]
Wouldn't hate it at all...AJ just seems to not ever be healthy and why would you want foster at all?? I'd rather draft a RB in this class. Also we need Ro draft ILBs I'm not trusting to guys coming off of major injuries to come back 100% next yr.

I still want that duel threat qb for chips system Jimmy G doesn't offer that.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 5, 2016 at 6:06 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9er4lyphe:
Te'o and Bowman? I'd like that

Too injury prone....I don't like it.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

It was widely reported that teams were flat out gouging the Vikings, knowing that they were desperate. If that trade happened in the offseason, I doubt that Minnesota would have given up any more than a 2nd round pick at best.

Absolutely. I should have mentioned that. But both were drivers. Scarce supply + desperate buyer.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
And by "they" you mean one, that being Matt Cassel. Trying to compare a guy who was a 7th round pick and frankly outplayed his draft position quite a bit versus a QB in Garoppolo that is a better prospect in every way just doesn't add up.

The argument that because Cassel didn't work out means Garoppolo won't either to me fails a basic test of logic. Correlation does not equal causation. Two vastly different QB's aren't necessarily going to have the same outcomes just because they came out of the same system.

Don't forget Ryan Mallett he failed as well. But yes the arguement is stupid.
Share 49ersWebzone