There are 158 users in the forums

Gerald Everett-TE-South Alabama

More of a big WR really, Everett has been having a pretty good season for South Alabama. He runs routes and catches like a wide receiver, has explosive athleticism but as is often the case, blocking is a question for him, though he does have inline blocking experience, he is still very much a work in progress in that area.

Still a pretty raw player overall only played one year of football in high school. Played basketball all four years. He's got a ton of upside with the right coaching and scheme.

Gerald Everett/TE/South Alabama: Everett was graded as a top five tight end from the senior class by scouts, not far behind the likes of Jake Butt or O J Howard, and he continues to justify that opinion. During the Jaguars dominant victory over San Diego State he caught 5 passes for 103-yards with 1 touchdown. The Aztec defense, known for its complex system, lines-up as many as four next level players. This is the second time this season Everett stepped up against top competition. During the opening victory over Mississippi State he recorded 8 receptions for 95 yards. Everett is a tremendous athlete and plays the tight end position like an oversized receiver. I expect him to receive an invitation to the Senior Bowl and Everett could very well hear his name called during the second day of the draft.
Mentioned him yesterday, love his ability as a receiver. So much upside, but needs so much work as a blocker. If he's there in the third round draft I'm all for getting him.

David Njoku is another guy I like. He's a RS Sophomore so he is eligible, but I think he stays in school another year.

As for a guy available this year with a ton of potential, Billy Brown out of Shepherd will be an interesting guy to watch. He's a WR/TE at 6'4" 240-245lbs. Plays like a receiver but is probably a TE at the next level.
How big is this Gerald Everett kid..? will he switch positions to WR in the NFL..?
Originally posted by saniner:
Mentioned him yesterday, love his ability as a receiver. So much upside, but needs so much work as a blocker. If he's there in the third round draft I'm all for getting him.

David Njoku is another guy I like. He's a RS Sophomore so he is eligible, but I think he stays in school another year.

As for a guy available this year with a ton of potential, Billy Brown out of Shepherd will be an interesting guy to watch. He's a WR/TE at 6'4" 240-245lbs. Plays like a receiver but is probably a TE at the next level.

Was actually thinking about making a thread about him.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
How big is this Gerald Everett kid..? will he switch positions to WR in the NFL..?

6'3", 240ish. I imagine he'd be a TE in the NFL still.

He's about 6'4" 240. Not bad. He doesn't need to add too much weight to play TE.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

6'3", 240ish. I imagine he'd be a TE in the NFL still.

yeah nowadays thats what TEs are basically at..wonder what he runs..
Looks good on tape. Could be a Delanie Walker type TE for the 49ers
Looking good so far. Positioning himself as a mid-round pick.
Pro Football Focus compared South Alabama TE Gerald Everett to Los Angeles Chargers TE Antonio Gates.
"Everett, like Gates, is just exploding with athletic ability at 6-foot-4 and 240 pounds as he enters the draft, but his technique – both as a blocker and as a route-runner – needs to be polished up, likely due mostly to a lack of experience," writes the PFF analysis team. They refer to Everett as "one of the more raw tight ends in this class," but there is tremendous offensive potential to be tapped here. He could see love as early as Round 2 of the draft next week

Delanie Walker 2.0

Ive been on his hype train for a minute now. Looks like a Delaine Walker clone. He is in that 2nd tier of TEs, but offers the greatest upside.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Pro Football Focus compared South Alabama TE Gerald Everett to Los Angeles Chargers TE Antonio Gates.
"Everett, like Gates, is just exploding with athletic ability at 6-foot-4 and 240 pounds as he enters the draft, but his technique – both as a blocker and as a route-runner – needs to be polished up, likely due mostly to a lack of experience," writes the PFF analysis team. They refer to Everett as "one of the more raw tight ends in this class," but there is tremendous offensive potential to be tapped here. He could see love as early as Round 2 of the draft next week

Delanie Walker 2.0

His blocking reminds me most of Delanie. He isnt close to being as polished a receiving threat as Engram but he is a much more eager and determined blocker.
Would be nice piece
Share 49ersWebzone