LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Amba Etta-Tawo-WR-Syracuse

Etta-Tawo's been on fire this season. He transferred from Maryland where he played sparingly and he has been one of the top receivers in college football, showing improved hands and route running. He goes about 6'1" and 200 pounds, looks to be a quality possession receiver with some explosiveness at the next level. I love seeing improvement in players late in their college careers, much like what happened with Dak Prescott last year and Etta-Tawo has built up quite a bit of hype with his performance thus far this season. In just 5 games, he has 840 yards receiving already including 2 games with 200+ yards receiving.

Amba Etta-Tawo, WR, Syracuse: For Etta-Tawo, a transfer from Maryland, it appears escaping the Terrapins' struggling passing attack was the best thing for him. While the Terps have started the season 4-0, they rank 112th (out of 128 teams) in the FBS in passing offense. Through 5 games, Etta-Tawo already has 840 yards receiving (leads the FBS) and 6 TDs (his previous career high for one season was 500 receiving yards). His effort against Notre Dame this weekend (7 catches, 134 yards, 1 score) cemented his status as a likely mid-round selection in next year's draft. The 6-foot-2, 202-pounder displayed the ability to win downfield, elusiveness and strength with the ball, as well as the strength to box out his man in tight coverage. It won't be surprising if scouts project him as a James Jones-type receiver on Sundays.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000714715/article/stock-report-syracuse-wr-amba-ettatawo-rising

Etta-Tawo is putting up stupefying numbers so far -- 40 catches for 706 yards and five touchdowns in four games -- and, if it's possible, seems to be getting better. On Saturday, for instance, he caught 12 passes for 270 yards and two touchdowns against UConn, a team that features two future NFL players in its secondary (cornerback Jamar Summers and safety Obi Melifonwu).

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=11380

I've watched all of his games, dude is legit.
I only watched the game vs ND and he was crushing it.
Looks like nice prospect
Share 49ersWebzone