LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

2017 Draft Needs

In no order

Offense
-QB (Im stll holding out hope Kap makes a comeback. I know, I'm a romantic).
-Back-up RB, preferably a speedster
-A possession WR (similar to Crabs) AND/OR a WR with SIZE and catch radius
-A deep threat WR IF Torrey isn't in long term plans
-Upgrade SLOT WR (I'm fine if Kerley stays as slot, but can also upgrade it)
TE, Celek and McDonald are serviceable but could use an upgrade
-Center, Kilgore hasn't developed as hoped

Defense
-NT, major hole on team
-DE, need to prepare if Armstead fails to develop
-Pass Rush OLB (edge rusher), without Mr. I Got Fat Because Wifey is Pregnant we struggled to have a pass rush, and I simply don't trust that dude to stay out of trouble
-Outside CB, we need a corner w/ size that can match up against the 6'3+ WRs of the world (keep an eye on Robinson though)
-2 ILBs, Bowman may be done. Never filled the hole left by Mr. Chris "I'm scared" Borland
-SS - To grab a true playmaking safety. Bethea plays cuz he has some football IQ and Tartt has some physical tools, but neither has both to be a great player
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Dec 5, 2016 at 4:07 PM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Mr. I Got Fat Because Wifey is Pregnant

Wasnt that Karlos Williams, formerly of the Bills?
Guys I've got my eyes on...

QB - Kizer or Watson
RB - Shock Linwood or Alvin Kamara (if he comes out)
WR - Corey Davis, Isaiah Ford, Cooper Kupp, Stacy Coley
LB - Anthony Walker Jr

The other spots I'm hoping they go hard after in free agency. Time to spend all that money
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Mr. I Got Fat Because Wifey is Pregnant

Wasnt that Karlos Williams, formerly of the Bills?

"Lynch said his weight ballooned due to a bad diet that coincided with his wife's pregnancy. The couple recently had a boy, and Lynch -- who was suspended for violating the league's substance abuse policy -- said the experience already has changed him."

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article105739006.html#storylink=cpy
RB out of Clemson (forget his name) would be a nice addition.

Need to go OLB in FA and at least 1 ILB.

Seriously missed on NT this year
We need better TE too
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
We need better TE too

Keep an eye on Gerald Everett. Great receiving threat, needs a lot of work as a blocker.
Olb
Ilb
Nt

QB
#1wr
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
We need better TE too

Put it on there. I think our current TEs (when healthy) are okay, maybe 20th in the league? So not desperate need but could definitely use an upgrade
1a: QB 1b:OLB
2a: WR 2b: ILB

If Williams and Dorsey are injury prone then NT/DT is a need. So we only need four first round picks next year!

I'm hoping they can find some FAs to fill in but would be greatly disappointed if a QB were not taken in the early rounds (1 or 2). The players I'd be tempted to take if they dropped just right...or the niners have the first pick:

1: Garrett, OLB Tx AM Jr. 6'5 262--best chance to fix the pass rush?
2: Chad Kelly, QB Miss Sr, 6'2" 224. (CBS-32)...roll the dice if he has no further issues this year
3: Jehu Cheeson, WR Mich Sr, 6'3" 200. (CBS-69). A bit slight but productive.
4: Kendell Beckwith, ILB LSU Sr. 6'2" 252 (CBS-123)

Might bounce around with trades if needed, and Kelly might interview himself off the board.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
1a. Pass rusher
1b. QB
2. NT or ILB
3. ILB or NT
Wish list of players no specific order but just players who could be real players for us.

1. M. Garrett OLB
2. J. Butt TE
3. D. King/J. Lewis CB either one works but King is better.
4. D. Kizer QB
5. B. Boulware MLB
6. C. Davis WR
I agree NT is a major need for the team but I'm very against investing a high draft pick for one.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Wish list of players no specific order but just players who could be real players for us.

1. M. Garrett OLB
2. J. Butt TE
4. D. Kizer QB
5. B. Boulware MLB
6. C. Davis WR
I agree NT is a major need for the team but I'm very against investing a high draft pick for one.

I'm hoping they look hard at free agents to fill out some spots. Logan or Hankins at NT, Ingram at OLB, Alonso at ILB....then go after QB and WR early in the draft. They have the cash, time to use it
[ Edited by saniner on Oct 4, 2016 at 10:37 AM ]
QB
WR(s)
OLB
ILB
Future RT (assuming Brown takes over LT when Staley retires)
NT
Change of pace RB
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Oct 4, 2016 at 10:39 AM ]
Originally posted by saniner:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

1. M. Garrett OLB
2. J. Butt TE
4. D. Kizer QB
5. B. Boulware MLB
6. C. Davis WR

I'm hoping they look hard at free agents to fill out some spots. Logan or Hankins at NT, Ingram at OLB, Alonso at ILB....then go after QB and WR early in the draft. They have the cash, time to use it

I would love Alonso. But if we have a shot at Garrett in the draft we pick him and don't even second guess it.
Share 49ersWebzone