LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Another 1..

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
lol yup your right I remember thinking Tyler Boyd was like 6'3 and hes actually like 6'1..but Lewis to me is a baller so I think anywhere u put the kid he will make plays and the fact he plays bigger then his size as is..he reminds me of Jason Verrett..and its funny bc I was actually tell my friend that it seems like Brock has taken a step backwards and teams are gunning for him..I cant wait for Redmond to play to see him in the slot, Robinson on 1 side and Ward in the other..this year should be all about finding out who is the future and what exactly is needed in free agency and the draft..

Redmond is definitely the wildcard. I hope we get a chance to see him play this year. If Redmonds good then I will painfully agree corner early isn't gonna happen. I don't see how the coaches can rationalize not having Robinson starting at this point. And once Ward comes back then it should absolutely be Robinson and Ward. Get our youth lots of experience cause unless a miracle happens we ain't doing s**t

I agree completely..a future of Robinson, Ward, Redmond sounds good if like you said Redmond shows signs of handling the slot..Brock and DJ on the bench tho Brock would prob get cut or traded..and Let Kap start too bc they have to see what he can do in this offense..i honestly think we seen the best or should I say worst out of Gabbert..
I agree completely..a future of Robinson, Ward, Redmond sounds good if like you said Redmond shows signs of handling the slot..Brock and DJ on the bench tho Brock would prob get cut or traded..and Let Kap start too bc they have to see what he can do in this offense..i honestly think we seen the best or should I say worst out of Gabbert..

Yeah I'm all for Kap starting when we play the Bills. And if we only kept Redmond, Ward and Robinson and let Reaser, DJ and Brock go I would be okay with that.
McCaffery.
Wife came home after I watched the Rose Bowl and I said that I'd just watched the best football performance I'd ever seen, and we replayed a bit on DVR.
Sure I was carried away with the moment.
Sure I don't watch much college football.
Sure dude may not make a transition in the NFL.
But if the Niners drafted him, he would actually be a weapon that opposing teams would need to account for.
Originally posted by 5Jan2003:
McCaffery.
Wife came home after I watched the Rose Bowl and I said that I'd just watched the best football performance I'd ever seen, and we replayed a bit on DVR.
Sure I was carried away with the moment.
Sure I don't watch much college football.
Sure dude may not make a transition in the NFL.
But if the Niners drafted him, he would actually be a weapon that opposing teams would need to account for.

yup by far, and he would instantly be better then what is on the team at a lot of positons, Back up RB who is a great change of pace from Hyde, Kerley has played great but I'm taking McCaffrey over him in the Slot and same for returner..
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Mccaffrey isn't going in the 2nd

its possible, this is the deepest RB draft maybe ever..Fournette, Cook, Chubb will go before him..the thought of him and Hyde together and McCaffrey returning kicks is amazing..

I want it. But it's not happening.

where do you think he will be drafted then..?

I see him as a 2nd round pick as well. He's a great player but he's not a workhorse RB like the others you've mentioned.

I just see talent at other positions...maybe a team moves up end of the 1st but I wouldn't be shocked if he's a 2nd rd pick all said and done.

This from NY. I love McCaffery, but he's not a 3 down back in the NFL. I see him as a second rounder as well.

Someone mention Chubb. Is he draft eligible?
A playmaker to watch for that's for some reason getting a second round grade is Malachi Dupree out of LSU. It would be my dream to land Kizer or Watson in the first, Malachi in the 2nd.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9er4lyphe:
If we land Kizer, I'd be really happy. Kid looks NFL ready.

How many times have I heard "NFL ready"
Originally posted by JDMathews49ers:
A playmaker to watch for that's for some reason getting a second round grade is Malachi Dupree out of LSU. It would be my dream to land Kizer or Watson in the first, Malachi in the 2nd.

I think the lack of a QB at LSU is hurting him..he has the size and speed..I'm sure after the combine he will open a lot more eyes..

I think the lack of a QB at LSU is hurting him..he has the size and speed..I'm sure after the combine he will open a lot more eyes..

Oh it's no doubt it's the QB, but OBJ and Landry both had the same issue and had first round grades. Not sure why I've seen Malachi get a second round grade. He's a lot taller than I thought, but is a bit skinny.
This from NY. I love McCaffery, but he's not a 3 down back in the NFL. I see him as a second rounder as well.

Chubb is...Gallman and Freeman are worth a look in the 3rd.

I mean don't get me wrong I'd love McCaffery....people are crazy if they think he's a top 15 pick though.

• okdkid
  • Veteran

I think you're missing what McCaffery would bring to the table.

No - he will not be lining up at RB on all downs. Why would you do that? He's a slot WR.

McCaffery will play every down. Don't get the official "RB" designation twisted with what he actually does. He is an offensive playmaker that will be on the field -- in MANY positions -- for each snap.

His versatility and historic, undisputed playmaking ability is what will make him an easy 1st round pick.
[ Edited by okdkid on Oct 5, 2016 at 8:55 AM ]
Originally posted by okdkid:

No - he will not be lining up at RB on all downs. Why would you do that? He's a slot WR.

McCaffery will play every down. Don't get the official "RB" designation twisted with what he actually does. He is an offensive playmaker that will be on the field -- in MANY positions -- for each snap.

And by that he's not a first round pick. Possibly a very valuable second round pick though.

I mean don't get me wrong I'd love McCaffery....people are crazy if they think he's a top 15 pick though.

I'm with you there NY.

Somehow a year has gotten past me with Nick Chubb. Man I didn't realize he was draft eligible.
Originally posted by okdkid:

His versatility and historic, undisputed playmaking ability is what will make him an easy 1st round pick.

We all know what he can do and bring to the table..he's a gadget player and a very good one. I wouldn't spend a 1st on that and I bet most teams don't either ( with all the talent available at other positions).

A lot of players like him are amazing in college but those holes to run in between are smaller, coverage is tighter, he's not gonna be faster than the people covering him most times.

Like I said 2nd round player with upside hope he goes to a team like SF who could probably use him better than other teams would....maybe gets over drafted and underperforms his draft spot.

I'm with you there NY.

Somehow a year has gotten past me with Nick Chubb. Man I didn't realize he was draft eligible.

Yup some good backs in this draft
Share 49ersWebzone