LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 354 users in the forums

Another 1..

I like this alot if it goes down like that. Shizer is a scary dude, he runs like Kaep and throws like Brees- with him and McCafferty and high power TE......the visual looks very good
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Mccaffrey isn't going in the 2nd

its possible, this is the deepest RB draft maybe ever..Fournette, Cook, Chubb will go before him..the thought of him and Hyde together and McCaffrey returning kicks is amazing..

I want it. But it's not happening.

Yeah, people need to walk back their "get the NCAA's best playmaker in the 2nd round" stuff. He will be drafted in the middle of round 1, or a team will trade up to get him well before round 2.

Being good in college doesn't mean the NFL GMs are going to start drafting a bunch of RBs in the first. There are 4 bonefide running backs probably coming out this year in the draft. With other positions of needs and just amazing talent like at the CB position and Edge rushers. We could see maybe 2 go in the first round. Maybe all 4 but I highly doubt it. Too many more valuable positions are gonna go in the first 32. Which is good news if you want a RB in the 2nd round I personally do not. Lots of talent on the defensive side of the ball this year which should be drafted.
Like Kizer

I'd resign kerly ASAP - he's the best receiver we have
Originally posted by NYniner85:

its possible, this is the deepest RB draft maybe ever..Fournette, Cook, Chubb will go before him..the thought of him and Hyde together and McCaffrey returning kicks is amazing..

where do you think he will be drafted then..?

I see him as a 2nd round pick as well. He's a great player but he's not a workhorse RB like the others you've mentioned.

I just see talent at other positions...maybe a team moves up end of the 1st but I wouldn't be shocked if he's a 2nd rd pick all said and done.

i sure hope we are both right..hes a game changer with the ball in his hands and other then Hyde this team doesn't really have any...its like hes too perfect of a fit
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by okdkid:

Yeah, people need to walk back their "get the NCAA's best playmaker in the 2nd round" stuff. He will be drafted in the middle of round 1, or a team will trade up to get him well before round 2.

Being good in college doesn't mean the NFL GMs are going to start drafting a bunch of RBs in the first. There are 4 bonefide running backs probably coming out this year in the draft. With other positions of needs and just amazing talent like at the CB position and Edge rushers. We could see maybe 2 go in the first round. Maybe all 4 but I highly doubt it. Too many more valuable positions are gonna go in the first 32. Which is good news if you want a RB in the 2nd round I personally do not. Lots of talent on the defensive side of the ball this year which should be drafted.

By the end of this year it will tell a lot I personally feel the secondary is young and talented and just needs to get the playing time in, Robinson so far is dripping with star potential and we have yet to see Redmond in action, the D-Line is set if Williams comes back Healthy next year or sign another NT..the LBs are what need to be fixed..Lynch coming back will help with Brooks on the other side for this year..I think Sheard would be a good signing to boost that position..ILB Bowman will be back next year and I was loving how Ray-Ray was playing but to fight him for the Starting spot Kiko Alonso would be a good ick up too..if all that was to happen taking a McCaffrey who isn't just RB would do great things for the return game, running game, and passing as well..i think this up coming draft Chip will get his QB and focus on Playmakers..
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Like Kizer

I'd resign kerly ASAP - he's the best receiver we have

I was thinking if the niners Draft McCaffrey he will take Kerleys spot and be better..plus I signed Goodwin who will challenge in the slot as well and take the top off a defense with his speed..i don't think Buffalo is using him correctly..
I'm a big BPA fan when it comes to drafting. If the BPA is McCaffery then so be it. But if Desmond King or Jourdan Lewis or Jake Butt or Nick Chubb is available I'm jumping all over them
I'm a big BPA fan when it comes to drafting. If the BPA is McCaffery then so be it. But if Desmond King or Jourdan Lewis or Jake Butt or Nick Chubb is available I'm jumping all over them

Yeah I very much doubt either CB you said will be around..Lewis looks like a perfect Nickle back in the NFL and shoud go in the 20s as King should go top 15..I expect Chubb to go in the 1st too.i can see a team like Denver or New England snatching him up quick if hes around..as for Butt isn't he the best TE in the country..?

Yeah I very much doubt either CB you said will be around..Lewis looks like a perfect Nickle back in the NFL and shoud go in the 20s as King should go top 15..I expect Chubb to go in the 1st too.i can see a team like Denver or New England snatching him up quick if hes around..as for Butt isn't he the best TE in the country..?

So you think 5-6 CBs are going round 1? Jalen Tabor, Adoree Jackson, Sidney Jones, Marlon Humphrey, Tredavious White, Desmond King, Jourdan Lewis. This draft is loaded with Corners and I hope we can get 1. And I'm pretty sure most GMs would put OJ Howard over Butt and probably Bucky Hodges. And I agree Chubb is going in the 1st.
  • Tman
  • Veteran

So you think 5-6 CBs are going round 1? Jalen Tabor, Adoree Jackson, Sidney Jones, Marlon Humphrey, Tredavious White, Desmond King, Jourdan Lewis. This draft is loaded with Corners and I hope we can get 1. And I'm pretty sure most GMs would put OJ Howard over Butt and probably Bucky Hodges. And I agree Chubb is going in the 1st.

If we draft another db in the first 3 rounds I'm going to

I'm not sold on Adoree Jackson, id replace him with Cameron Sutton from Tenn, so yeah I think at least 5 go in the 1st..can never have to man corners in this days NFL pass happy league..and your right I forgot about OJ Howard..then Butt then id go Leggett from Clemson before Hodges..Chubb after the combine might really raise his stock..If he runs healthy he will tear it up
Originally posted by Tman:

If we draft another db in the first 3 rounds I'm going to

LOL yeah a lot feel that way but like Hysterikal said if a 1st Rd corned falls like say Lewis its a hard decision..
I'm not sold on Adoree Jackson, id replace him with Cameron Sutton from Tenn, so yeah I think at least 5 go in the 1st..can never have to man corners in this days NFL pass happy league..and your right I forgot about OJ Howard..then Butt then id go Leggett from Clemson before Hodges..Chubb after the combine might really raise his stock..If he runs healthy he will tear it up

Well yeah combine always changes things. every player miraculously shrinks an inch. Which would make Jourdan Lewis 5'9" which would make him a Nickle corner as you said. And I'm all for drafting corners get one step closer to showing Brock the door.

Well yeah combine always changes things. every player miraculously shrinks an inch. Which would make Jourdan Lewis 5'9" which would make him a Nickle corner as you said. And I'm all for drafting corners get one step closer to showing Brock the door.

lol yup your right I remember thinking Tyler Boyd was like 6'3 and hes actually like 6'1..but Lewis to me is a baller so I think anywhere u put the kid he will make plays and the fact he plays bigger then his size as is..he reminds me of Jason Verrett..and its funny bc I was actually tell my friend that it seems like Brock has taken a step backwards and teams are gunning for him..I cant wait for Redmond to play to see him in the slot, Robinson on 1 side and Ward in the other..this year should be all about finding out who is the future and what exactly is needed in free agency and the draft..
lol yup your right I remember thinking Tyler Boyd was like 6'3 and hes actually like 6'1..but Lewis to me is a baller so I think anywhere u put the kid he will make plays and the fact he plays bigger then his size as is..he reminds me of Jason Verrett..and its funny bc I was actually tell my friend that it seems like Brock has taken a step backwards and teams are gunning for him..I cant wait for Redmond to play to see him in the slot, Robinson on 1 side and Ward in the other..this year should be all about finding out who is the future and what exactly is needed in free agency and the draft..

Redmond is definitely the wildcard. I hope we get a chance to see him play this year. If Redmonds good then I will painfully agree corner early isn't gonna happen. I don't see how the coaches can rationalize not having Robinson starting at this point. And once Ward comes back then it should absolutely be Robinson and Ward. Get our youth lots of experience cause unless a miracle happens we ain't doing s**t
Share 49ersWebzone