LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 146 users in the forums

Another 1..

Ok after a horrible loss I cant help myself after looking at all other mocks..this season is gone as long as Gabbert is behind center, and even if Kap comes in but my theory on that is he cant do as bad as Gabbert, like ive said all day he misses way too many game changing throws and the plays he makes are plays any QB can make and should make..Kellys offense is handcuffed with Gabbert throwing the ball..so tired of losing and seeing bad QB play it has to change..i expect the niners to be picking 1-3 in this draft unless Kap comes in and plays like we all wish..also all the mocks I do are all going to be different just to see every ones point of view on players they like and dislike..

Cuts- Bethea, Kap, Brooks (yes a lot love hes having a good season but hes simply not worth his pay and cutting him and signing Sheard is an upgrade in my eyes

Resign- Ian Williams(a healthy Williams is huge, Purcell isn't cutting it)..Ray-Ray Armstrong..Vance Mcdonald..Phil Dawson..All 1 year deals

Free Agents-WR Alshon Jeffery 4 yrs 52 Million, WR MarQuise Goodwin 3 yrs 10 million (slot wr amazing speed), OLB Jabaal Sheard 3 yrs 24 million, Kiko Alonso 2 yrs 8 Million, EJ Manuel 1 yr 2 Million

Round 1-QB out of ND Deshon Kizer

Round 2-RB out of Stanford Christian McCaffrey

Round 3-TE out of Virginia Tech Bucky Hodges

Round 4-OLB out of Texas A&M Daeshon Hall

Round 4-S out of Texas A&M Armani Watts

Round 5-DL out of Bama Dalvin Tomlinson

Round 6-WR out of The U Stacy Coley

Round 7-C out of The U Nick Linder

Round 7-CB out of Virginia Tech Brandon Facyson

Not a 53

Kizer-Manuel
Hyde-McCaffrey-Davis
Mcdonald, Celek, Hodges
Jeffery, Smith, Goodwin, Ellington, Burbridge, Coley, Rogers
Staley, Theus
Beadles, Garnett
Kilgore, Martin, Linder
Tiller
Brown, Cooper

AA, Blair
Williams, Tomlinson,
Buckner, Dial
Lynch, Tank,
Bowman, Skov
Alonso, Ray-Ray
Sheard, Harold, Hall
Ward, Robinson, Brock, DJ, Redmond, Reaser, Facyson
Tartt, Watts
Reid,

Dawson
Pinion
Nelson

I obviously tried to work on the offense most giving them size and speed..also helped the return game..and focused on pass rush..
[ Edited by jersey49er on Oct 3, 2016 at 10:42 AM ]
If we land Kizer, I'd be really happy. Kid looks NFL ready.
Mccaffrey isn't going in the 2nd
Originally posted by jreff22:

its possible, this is the deepest RB draft maybe ever..Fournette, Cook, Chubb will go before him..the thought of him and Hyde together and McCaffrey returning kicks is amazing..
Originally posted by jersey49er:

its possible, this is the deepest RB draft maybe ever..Fournette, Cook, Chubb will go before him..the thought of him and Hyde together and McCaffrey returning kicks is amazing..

I want it. But it's not happening.

where do you think he will be drafted then..?

Teens
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

Yeah, people need to walk back their "get the NCAA's best playmaker in the 2nd round" stuff. He will be drafted in the middle of round 1, or a team will trade up to get him well before round 2.
Originally posted by okdkid:

Yeah, people need to walk back their "get the NCAA's best playmaker in the 2nd round" stuff. He will be drafted in the middle of round 1, or a team will trade up to get him well before round 2.

I was thinking of trading back into the late 1st rd for him bc a lot of mocks ive seen so far have him drafted in the 25-30 range..im all for giving up our 2nd and 4th and 7th to move back into the 1st..hes the exact kind of player the niners need badly..
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I was thinking of trading back into the late 1st rd for him bc a lot of mocks ive seen so far have him drafted in the 25-30 range..im all for giving up our 2nd and 4th and 7th to move back into the 1st..hes the exact kind of player the niners need badly..

I'm all for getting McCaffrey. I'd love to see what Chip can do with both he and Hyde. McCaffrey would line up in the slot often, and spell Hyde from time to time. He would be an instant upgrade to our WR corps. Combine McCaffrey with a top FA WR and we are in business. Use that 1st round pick on Kizer or Watson... that's a good life.

If the niners get Kizer, fine. Every draft pick after that should be spent on the best defensive player for the front 7. Rank them and pick them--except fire baalke first.
Originally posted by okdkid:

I'm all for getting McCaffrey. I'd love to see what Chip can do with both he and Hyde. McCaffrey would line up in the slot often, and spell Hyde from time to time. He would be an instant upgrade to our WR corps. Combine McCaffrey with a top FA WR and we are in business. Use that 1st round pick on Kizer or Watson... that's a good life.

Exactly my thoughts lol now only if that would happen I would love it more then a fat kid loves cake..!
Sold me at Kizer

I see him as a 2nd round pick as well. He's a great player but he's not a workhorse RB like the others you've mentioned.

I just see talent at other positions...maybe a team moves up end of the 1st but I wouldn't be shocked if he's a 2nd rd pick all said and done.
Originally posted by pickle:
If the niners get Kizer, fine. Every draft pick after that should be spent on the best defensive player for the front 7. Rank them and pick them--except fire baalke first.

My philosophy is to draft BPA regardless of position. However, I think a team should only utilize their draft picks on a certain unit for so long... For example, Baalke and co. has used their early picks in the past 4 drafts to address the front 7, but since he sucks at drafting, he keeps drafting poor quality players. It's time to address the offense for once. Give Kizer some playmakers on offense, playmakers that he can be drafted with and molded with over time.
Share 49ersWebzone