LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Jake Browning - QB, Washington

Dude looks good. Reminds me of Mark Brunell. Northern California native. Not draft eligible this year though. Discuss.
He's looked great tonight. I've only seen him in this game, but the announcers were talking about how accurate he's been. He'll be eligible in the 2018 draft
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Dude looks good. Reminds me of Mark Brunell. Northern California native. Not draft eligible this year though. Discuss.

No point.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
TY DETMER ALL OVER AGAIN..
My high school played against him a couple of years ago. We only lost by a yard..
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9moon:
TY DETMER ALL OVER AGAIN..

He's nothing like Detmer.
Ehh I'd rather focus on players we can draft this yr
Browing looking to be on the path to be #1 pick in 2019 draft. Unless he comes out early and we can get him in 2 years if we keep sucking. He's the ultimate spread offense QB.
This kid is lighting it up...I like that Washington is actually making him drop back from under center a few times...rare these days...very intriguing prospect
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Joecool:
Browing looking to be on the path to be #1 pick in 2019 draft. Unless he comes out early and we can get him in 2 years if we keep sucking. He's the ultimate spread offense QB.

We'll be in position to draft him.

Originally posted by susweel:
We'll be in position to draft him.

Great read on this kid

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/washingtons-jake-browning-is-college-footballs-top-passer-and-its-most-reluctant-star-062018093.html

His character
"Signing day is bittersweet," Browning wrote. "Congrats to everybody who signed. But, also a huge appreciation to every high school player that gave 100%. No scholarship will ever be worth more than self-pride and the respect of teammates who saw you battle. Some of the best football players I've ever played with and against were under 6 feet tall and over a 4.7 40 time but could play football and compete with the best of the best."

His Work Ethic
He was a tireless film-room grinder in high school, spending most of his lunch periods watching tape with his coaches, and he's the same today. Washington teammates suspect Browning spends more time than any other player at the team facility, and the coaching staff has at times had to tell him to go home.

"He doesn't take a day off," said receiver John Ross. "He'll be there all day watching film, all night watching film."

His Most Important Trait
"We're always into passers," Petersen said. "Everyone else is into the spread, run-around guys. We need a guy who can throw the football and read defenses, and that's Jake."
2018 draft will the the QB draft year. Next draft we should restock our other deficiencies aka every other position and sign a FA qb (I'd rather have DE Garrett than take our chance on Kizer). Watson's a bust imo... hope we land Browning in 2018.
Does he count as a Tedford QB?
The kid is a winner. Winner in high school, winner in college, and more than likely, winner in the NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone