LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

Mitch "Mr Biscuit" Trubisky-QB-North Carolina

• Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Much prefer Trubisky in the second than Kizer or Watson in the top5.

Garrett and Trubisky=

This would be fantastic
Gonna have to watch this kid a lot more closely, can someone give me a quick scouting report on his strengths and weaknesses...thanks if so..
draftscout has inched him into the first, race between him and Kaaya for the 3rd QB taken.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Gonna have to watch this kid a lot more closely, can someone give me a quick scouting report on his strengths and weaknesses...thanks if so..

If you like Alex Smith... This is your guy.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Great pocket passer. One of those QBs that you know you got something when he let's the ball go. Doesn't checkdown(give up) early. Footwork and pocket presence is there. Has the arm strength and accuracy to hit his target when his feet aren't set. Not mobile enough to be considered a dual threat QB. Gets better in the clutch. This guy would be a steal from the 2nd and on. He's gotta go in the 1st.
Originally posted by TheNef77:
Great pocket passer. One of those QBs that you know you got something when he let's the ball go. Doesn't checkdown(give up) early. Footwork and pocket presence is there. Has the arm strength and accuracy to hit his target when his feet aren't set. Not mobile enough to be considered a dual threat QB. Gets better in the clutch. This guy would be a steal from the 2nd and on. He's gotta go in the 1st.

i can see him being one of those guys that someone jumps back into the late 1st for. Hopefully thats us
Mitch Trubisky, NFL quarterback?

Trubisky started his junior season at UNC with remarkable efficiency. Through five games, he had 1,711 yards, 13 touchdowns and not a single turnover. While that efficiency was a bit misleading, as he was the recipient of a few lucky breaks after poor throws against Pittsburgh and Florida State, his performance was notable.

After the streak came to a crashing end in a blowout loss to Virginia Tech, Trubisky rebounded against Miami and once again played with awesome efficiency (71.7 percent completion, two touchdowns and 299 yards).

Trubisky's play against Miami might have crystallized his status as a draftable QB. At 6-3, 220 pounds, he meets the NFL threshold for size, and the infamous hand size question mark shouldn't be an issue. The ball comes off his hand smoothly, as he spins a tight ball and can finish with velocity regardless of footwork or arm placement.

But most impressive is Trubisky's confidence and control under pressure. He's comfortable in his arm strength and teammates to adjust off his first read and be creative, even from the pocket. On the red-zone touchdown below, Trubisky showcases his velocity, confidence and trust.

But that brashness as a passer is also why he might be well served by another year at UNC. His confidence can turn into laziness in footwork and mechanics, and his throwing motion is a bit elongated, a la Jameis Winston. But it's his bad habits of throwing sidearm on the run, abandoning mechanics downfield and not following through on easy throws that can lead to frustrating missed opportunities.
Is it true he's only started 10 games?
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Is it true he's only started 10 games?

He was a backup to Marquise Williams. Trubisky isnt the runner that Williams was but he is a far better passer and NFL prospect.

How the remainder of this season plays out will determine if he is better off declaring for the draft or staying in school.
Stupid name. Not an NFL QB

Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Much prefer Trubisky in the second than Kizer or Watson in the top5.

Garrett and Trubisky=

This would be fantastic

This. Although Mitch may work himself into the 1st round conversations by draft day, if he isn't there already
Originally posted by valrod33:

Ben Roethlisberger got an even more stupid name and is still an NFL QB.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Mitch Trubisky, NFL quarterback?

Trubisky started his junior season at UNC with remarkable efficiency. Through five games, he had 1,711 yards, 13 touchdowns and not a single turnover. While that efficiency was a bit misleading, as he was the recipient of a few lucky breaks after poor throws against Pittsburgh and Florida State, his performance was notable.

After the streak came to a crashing end in a blowout loss to Virginia Tech, Trubisky rebounded against Miami and once again played with awesome efficiency (71.7 percent completion, two touchdowns and 299 yards).

Trubisky's play against Miami might have crystallized his status as a draftable QB. At 6-3, 220 pounds, he meets the NFL threshold for size, and the infamous hand size question mark shouldn't be an issue. The ball comes off his hand smoothly, as he spins a tight ball and can finish with velocity regardless of footwork or arm placement.

But most impressive is Trubisky's confidence and control under pressure. He's comfortable in his arm strength and teammates to adjust off his first read and be creative, even from the pocket. On the red-zone touchdown below, Trubisky showcases his velocity, confidence and trust.

But that brashness as a passer is also why he might be well served by another year at UNC. His confidence can turn into laziness in footwork and mechanics, and his throwing motion is a bit elongated, a la Jameis Winston. But it's his bad habits of throwing sidearm on the run, abandoning mechanics downfield and not following through on easy throws that can lead to frustrating missed opportunities.

Comparable to Matthew Stafford? That's what that last sentence said to me at least
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:

I can trust my organization to a guy named Ben, I cant win with a Mitch
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:

I can trust my organization to a guy named Ben, I cant win with a Mitch

Or Jed...or Trent
Share 49ersWebzone