LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Mitch "Mr Biscuit" Trubisky-QB-North Carolina

His hands look like they are on the small side, but again IIRC no one in that hurricane last week threw for over 75 yards. Bury the tapes.
I could see the Niners going after this guy...good, accurate arm, can run, good feel in the pocket, tough, a lot of the intangibles a good young QB needs going into the NFL. I hope he declares for this upcoming draft. I'd take him and his WR Switzer and that's two quality O players as a start at key areas of need.
The Niners may need two QB's next year, so taking this guy in the middle rounds after taking someone like Watson in the first would be fine with me.
I would love if we could get a Myles Garrett in the first, and a stud QB in the second round (a guy like Trubisky).
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
The Niners may need two QB's next year, so taking this guy in the middle rounds after taking someone like Watson in the first would be fine with me.

If Trubisky comes out he isnt going in the middle rounds. He is someone that can rise a lot if he plays well the rest of the season, up to a mid 1st rounder or even higher depending on how scouts feel about him. Right now I see him as a mid to late 2nd rounder though that can obviously change in a hurry in either direction.

If he falls off I'd expect him to return for his senior year.

A lot of drafting a QB is based on projecting what a guy's particular skillset will allow them to do in the NFL. Carson Wentz didnt go #2 because he lit up the box scores at NDSU, his team went undefeated without him in the lineup, he just showed enough of the tools, playmaking ability and clutch skills that many people felt good about that translating well at the next level.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 16, 2016 at 7:25 AM ]
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
This dude keeps impressing me more and more.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

If Trubisky comes out he isnt going in the middle rounds. He is someone that can rise a lot if he plays well the rest of the season, up to a mid 1st rounder or even higher depending on how scouts feel about him. Right now I see him as a mid to late 2nd rounder though that can obviously change in a hurry in either direction.

A lot of drafting a QB is based on projecting what a guy's particular skillset will allow them to do in the NFL. Carson Wentz didnt go #2 because he lit up the box scores at NDSU, his team went undefeated without him in the lineup, he just showed enough of the tools, playmaking ability and clutch skills that many people felt good about that translating well at the next level.

So, then picking a Myles Garrett in the 1st and then Trubisky in the 2nd would work for you?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
So, then picking a Myles Garrett in the 1st and then Trubisky in the 2nd would work for you?

That works for every Niner fan on planet earth.
Much prefer Trubisky in the second than Kizer or Watson in the top5.

Garrett and Trubisky=
Originally posted by Heroism:

Garrett and Trubisky=

I'd be happy with this.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This... if he declares it's because he continues to play well and if he continues to play well he will be no worse than a second round pick (could be as high as top ten and could be as low as mid 2nd IF he enters the draft).

Garrett and Trubisky=

This would be ideal. However, the longer the Niners wait to grab a QB, the greater chance a team like the Cardinals will get a QB of their own.
Originally posted by 9er4lyphe:

Garrett and Trubisky=

I'd be happy with this.

+2. Would be ecstatic with this to start the draft!
Brent Sobleski ‏@brentsobleski Oct 16 A lot will be made of Mitch Trubisky only starting one season if he declares. He's on pace to have more collegiate pass attempts than Wentz.

Ben Fennell ‏@BenFennell_NFL Oct 16 Over last 2 years... I've seen Dak, Boykin, Cook, Hogan, Kessler, Goff, Kelly, Kaaya, Ward, Barrett, Rosen, Falk, Mayfield in person...

Ben Fennell ‏@BenFennell_NFL

But I haven't seen a QB like UNC's Mitch Trubisky... Best in-person QB performance/prospect/skillset I've seen up close. Very impressed
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 16, 2016 at 4:34 PM ]
His game winning drive against Pittsburg was pretty impressive.
Share 49ersWebzone