LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Mitch "Mr Biscuit" Trubisky-QB-North Carolina

Originally posted by jcs:
http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/01/kyle-shanahan-landed-only-quarterback-he-wanted-in-nfl-draft/
"Iowa's signal caller, after all, was projected to get taken much later after completing just 56.5 percent of his passes and throwing for 1,929 yards last season. But San Francisco coach Kyle Shanahan decided beforehand Beathard was the only quarterback for him among the incoming rookies.

From The MMQB's Peter King:

. . . someone suggested moving from early in the fourth round to late in the third, five spots up, to snare the only quarterback Shanahan wanted in this draft: Iowa's C.J. Beathard. "We'd all sleep a little better if we got him instead of waiting 'til tomorrow," York said.

So they dealt for the 104th pick to choose Beathard, the grandson of former Super Bowl GM Bobby Beathard. "He processes the game so well," Shanahan said. "Tough as s—. Got a chance. He reminds me a lot of Kirk Cousins.""

This has what to do with Mitch Trubisky?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/01/kyle-shanahan-landed-only-quarterback-he-wanted-in-nfl-draft/
"Iowa's signal caller, after all, was projected to get taken much later after completing just 56.5 percent of his passes and throwing for 1,929 yards last season. But San Francisco coach Kyle Shanahan decided beforehand Beathard was the only quarterback for him among the incoming rookies.

. . . someone suggested moving from early in the fourth round to late in the third, five spots up, to snare the only quarterback Shanahan wanted in this draft: Iowa's C.J. Beathard. "We'd all sleep a little better if we got him instead of waiting 'til tomorrow," York said.

So they dealt for the 104th pick to choose Beathard, the grandson of former Super Bowl GM Bobby Beathard. "He processes the game so well," Shanahan said. "Tough as s—. Got a chance. He reminds me a lot of Kirk Cousins.""

This has what to do with Mitch Trubisky?

Just a response to all of the claims in this thread that trubustky was the top QB on our draft board without any facts and in recent days we're finding out he wasn't even an option.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

At least CJ would be cheaper than Kirk if he wins the starting job in a year or two. Re: Trubisky, he was there at #2 and they dropped to 3 so clearly he wasn't top of their list.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
At least CJ would be cheaper than Kirk if he wins the starting job in a year or two. Re: Trubisky, he was there at #2 and they dropped to 3 so clearly he wasn't top of their list.

I'm almost hoping for Kirk to re-sign with Washington, just so we can see what we have in Beathard. That would be a total steal, if he came through and became our FQB.
Originally posted by mayo49:

I'm almost hoping for Kirk to re-sign with Washington, just so we can see what we have in Beathard. That would be a total steal, if he came through and became our FQB.

I don't care who, how, where we get him, or when (hopefully within 3 years), i just want a franchise qb
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
I don't care who, how, where we get him, or when (hopefully within 3 years), i just want a franchise qb

You don't care who?

There are a lot of franchise QBs whom having would be worse than having no QB at all. The ones who are JUST good enough to not get replaced. Those guys are like guarantees you won't win a SB.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

You don't care who?

There are a lot of franchise QBs whom having would be worse than having no QB at all. The ones who are JUST good enough to not get replaced. Those guys are like guarantees you won't win a SB.

We just simply have a different defintion of franchise qb. I'm talking a top 10 qb somewhere between Brady and cousins. Someone you build a team around. I don't care who it is as long as they are on that level.

You don't care who?

We just simply have a different defintion of franchise qb. I'm talking a top 10 qb somewhere between Brady and cousins. Someone you build a team around. I don't care who it is as long as they are on that level.

Sounds good to me! It would've been nice to have had a top 20 QB during the Harbaugh years. Would've won 2 Super Bowls (at least). Friggn' Peyton had to shaft us.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Oh yeah, if CJ did become a franchise QB, it would be a *steal* alright. I always maintain the 1979 draft was better than 1986 draft.
Who cares who cheaper or not. It ain't my money. Let Jed pay up!!! I just wanna win baby!!!

I was high on Mitch early on, but more I saw I got turned off. I think we did the right thing passing on him. Time will tell!

Sure would.

We got a steal in Foster where we picked him.

The CJ thing would really be incredible.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Sure would.

We got a steal in Foster where we picked him.

The CJ thing would really be incredible.

Yeah, hopefully, Shanny gives him a legit shot at the position. I'm really hoping for Hoyer to stink it up so we can see CJ.
Originally posted by Dakes44:
https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status/866440042276900865

Dang, it must mean he is gonna be a BEAST

Pretty much (in 2 years).

I'm still waiting for your boy Conner Cook to be a beast....sounds like E.J Manuel has taken over as the #2

"Raiders backup QB E.J. Manuel is getting second-team reps at minicamp.

He's ahead of Connor Cook. Manuel looks to have the early edge as Derek Carr's backup. The Raiders will likely carry three quarterbacks. Jun 14 - 5:04 PM"

Oh stop lol....I want to win the lottery too
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Oh stop lol....I want to win the lottery too

Share 49ersWebzone