LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 373 users in the forums

Mitch "Mr Biscuit" Trubisky-QB-North Carolina

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I still think Trubisky is going to have a nice career.

I think he'll be better than Mariota.

So you think Trubisky will be a top 10 QB? That is some high praise.
I see more of a Gabbert career...Chicago might have the worst offense in the NFL
Originally posted by jcs:
I see more of a Gabbert career...Chicago might have the worst offense in the NFL

I don't see how those two sentences are related.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Well Gabbert is what happens when you don't protect a young QB or help him with a supporting cast. That Chicago Line got 3 QB's killed last year...and they didn't replenish the receivers they lost so do the math.
Well Gabbert is what happens when you don't protect a young QB or help him with a supporting cast. That Chicago Line got 3 QB's killed last year...and they didn't replenish the receivers they lost so do the math.

Gabbert would have sucked eitherway. His accuracy was subpar even in college despite playing in a wide open spread offense.

"But he is big and athletic and that arm....he will definitely produce well in the NFL despite not having done so in college."

According to football outsiders they were the 7th overall pass blocking OL and 8th overall run blocking OL last yr

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

I agree their WR situation is pretty bad (must be banking on white) but it's not like AJ was the most consistent wr out there...missed 11 games in two yrs and had one game over 100 yards last yr.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:

According to football outsiders they were the 7th overall pass blocking OL and 8th overall run blocking OL last yr

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

I agree their WR situation is pretty bad (must be banking on white) but it's not like AJ was the most consistent wr out there...missed 11 games in two yrs and had one game over 100 yards last yr.

If Kevin White is healthy he's gonna ball out I think. Also Cameron Meredith was pretty solid for them last season, I think Chicago is pretty high on him. He's that big body receiver that I think made Jeffrey expendable.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If Kevin White is healthy he's gonna ball out I think. Also Cameron Meredith was pretty solid for them last season, I think Chicago is pretty high on him. He's that big body receiver that I think made Jeffrey expendable.

Yeah that got Miller and that big TE they drafted in the 3rd as well.

No, Gabbert is what happens when you draft a QB who sucks out loud.
Gabbert has absolutely nothing in common with Mitch when it comes to quarterbacking. Takes watching 10 min of tape to see that. Even 2 min of highlights will show you.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Gabbert has absolutely nothing in common with Mitch when it comes to quarterbacking. Takes watching 10 min of tape to see that. Even 2 min of highlights will show you.

Gabbert never possessed the accuracy that Trubisky has shown. In college they were both athletic quarterbacks with some shaky mechanics who played in spread offenses but Trubisky showed far better accuracy and ball placement than Gabbert ever did.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

Gabbert never possessed the accuracy that Trubisky has shown. In college they were both athletic quarterbacks with some shaky mechanics who played in spread offenses but Trubisky showed far better accuracy and ball placement than Gabbert ever did.

Yup. Trubisky in a few college starts looks like a far better thrower than Gabbert after 6 years as a pro.
https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status/866440042276900865
[ Edited by NinerSickness on May 23, 2017 at 4:56 PM ]

Dang, it must mean he is gonna be a BEAST
Originally posted by Dakes44:

Dang, it must mean he is gonna be a BEAST

Pretty much (in 2 years).
[ Edited by NinerSickness on May 24, 2017 at 4:03 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/01/kyle-shanahan-landed-only-quarterback-he-wanted-in-nfl-draft/
"Iowa's signal caller, after all, was projected to get taken much later after completing just 56.5 percent of his passes and throwing for 1,929 yards last season. But San Francisco coach Kyle Shanahan decided beforehand Beathard was the only quarterback for him among the incoming rookies.

From The MMQB's Peter King:

. . . someone suggested moving from early in the fourth round to late in the third, five spots up, to snare the only quarterback Shanahan wanted in this draft: Iowa's C.J. Beathard. "We'd all sleep a little better if we got him instead of waiting 'til tomorrow," York said.

So they dealt for the 104th pick to choose Beathard, the grandson of former Super Bowl GM Bobby Beathard. "He processes the game so well," Shanahan said. "Tough as s—. Got a chance. He reminds me a lot of Kirk Cousins.""

Share 49ersWebzone