There are 176 users in the forums

Mitch "Mr Biscuit" Trubisky-QB-North Carolina

"I think it's funny," Fedora told Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. "I love this time of the year watching how they just tear every kid apart.

"I promise you Mitch will be tall enough. I've never said Mitch was 6-3, so I don't know where any of that came from, but he's going to measure probably 6-2 or a little bit taller than that. I don't know exactly because I've never put a tape on him, but he's going to be tall enough to be successful, I promise you."

Fedora said he'd be "really shocked" if Trubisky was only "a little over 6-1" as Mayock said he's been told by scouts, and reiterated that his quarterback's height wasn't an issue.

"At this time of year it's always about tearing kids down. I think Mitch understands that. He's very confident in what he can do, and I'm sure he's going to throw at the Combine and then I'm going to make a bet that he's going to throw at our pro day (March 21) too. I don't think he's going to be scared to hide anything."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/23/college-coach-says-mitch-trubisky-will-measure-up-to-nfl-scrutiny/
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Former North Carolina quarterback Mitch Trubisky will participate in everything except the bench press at next week's NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, Trubusky's father told the News-Herald in Willoughby, Ohio.

Though that's subject to change, it's noteworthy because some top prospects skip their group's workout session and instead choose only to throw or fully work out on their own campuses.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/22/trubisky-will-do-everything-in-indy-except-the-bench-press/
Why avoid the bench? I'd think of all the testing that would be the one he would want to show off in.

He probably doesn't want to get overzealous and have a sore upper body during the throwing drills.
He's already got an NFL body, so there's not much to prove there, especially for a QB. He's not trying to be the next Druck.
Originally posted by zonkers:
Originally posted by jcs:
Former North Carolina quarterback Mitch Trubisky will participate in everything except the bench press at next week's NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, Trubusky's father told the News-Herald in Willoughby, Ohio.

Though that's subject to change, it's noteworthy because some top prospects skip their group's workout session and instead choose only to throw or fully work out on their own campuses.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/22/trubisky-will-do-everything-in-indy-except-the-bench-press/
Why avoid the bench? I'd think of all the testing that would be the one he would want to show off in.

He probably doesn't want to get overzealous and have a sore upper body during the throwing drills.
He's already got an NFL body, so there's not much to prove there, especially for a QB. He's not trying to be the next Druck.

It's also one of the least important events for a QB. I agree it may have to do with over-doing it before the events that actually matter.
Bench for QBs is absolutely pointless. Are they looking to test if he can stiff arm defenders once in a blue moon?
  • fan49
  • Veteran
who cares we shouldnt draft someone out of the top ten talent wise at 2 period. People are skeptical about garrapolo, if you are but arent skeptical of trubs.... that would be hypocrisy.
Originally posted by fan49:
who cares we shouldnt draft someone out of the top ten talent wise at 2 period. People are skeptical about garrapolo, if you are but arent skeptical of trubs.... that would be hypocrisy.

If Trubisky was about to get paid $20+ million/year I'd be a lot more skeptical about him.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Relax guys, the combine is next week, we will have a lot more opportunity to evaluate Trubisky or any other QBs in the draft for that matter. If I am not wrong, most of them will be throwing as well.

On top of that, all of the top QBs will be featured in Jon Gruden's QB camp.

So, by the end of all that, we should have a much better idea of where Trubisky stands.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
"The MMQB's Peter King writes it "looks like (UNC QB Mitch) Trubisky or (Notre Dame QB Deshone) Kizer to me" for the Chicago Bears at pick No. 3.

King, however, offers another possibility in Texas Tech quarterback Patrick Mahomes in the second round or a possible trade back into the first round. It is interesting that no veteran was attached to the Bears by King, saying the team needs to "start over" at the position."

Thinking about it Pace and Fox don't have that kind of time. They'll go after Jimmy, Romo, or Glennon in that order before Trubisky. I still think Trub goes Top 3 but to a team trading up like Buffalo, Cleveland from 12, etc.
Jared Tokarz‏@NFLDraftInsider
Passing Plays over 40 yards (2016)
Mitch Trubisky: 18 Deshaun Watson: 6 This stat raised an eyebrow for me....

Not when you consider who they played.

Originally posted by glorydayz:

Not when you consider who they played.

Trubisky had 18 of those plays in 12 games (since he had to play one of his 13 games in a hurricane). Watson only had 6 in 15 games. North Carolina and Clemson had similar strength of schedules heading into the bowl games. Watson also had far more talent at the receiver position than Trubisky. Watson didn't throw down the field that much which inflated his completion percentage even though he isn't as accurate as Trubisky.
[ Edited by eastcoast49ersfan on Feb 24, 2017 at 4:03 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Trubisky had 18 of those plays in 12 games (since he had to play one of his 13 games in a hurricane). Watson only had 6 in 15 games. North Carolina and Clemson had similar strength of schedules heading into the bowl games. Watson also had far more talent at the receiver position than Trubisky. Watson didn't throw down the field that much which inflated his completion percentage even though he isn't as accurate as Trubisky.

You lost me at similar strength of schedule.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

Also, 7.9 yards per attempt is not that far from 8.4 yards per attempt.

You should also look at the difference in bowl game performances...even though Mitch's pretty limited because again he's only played for one season.
[ Edited by jcs on Feb 24, 2017 at 4:32 PM ]
Most of this is hyperbole. I for one would be happy to draft him, as it would mean Kyle Shanahan has reviewed him, then sat down with him and talked WCO and was happy he could run it. There aren't that many people he will sign off on so whoever he does should work out for him
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
If Trubisky measures in at only 6'1", I'll be super disappointed.
Originally posted by mayo49:
If Trubisky measures in at only 6'1", I'll be super disappointed.

I'm rooting for bad measurements, so the Browns will be stupid enough t pass on him.
Share 49ersWebzone