LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

i fixed the mess mock

Trent is toast with less than 5 wins
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
We continue to keep cutting Ahmad Brooks but he looks like the best OLB they have on defense right now.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
We continue to keep cutting Ahmad Brooks but he looks like the best OLB they have on defense right now.

That's what I'm saying. By all means cut Bethea but Brooks is solid.
Why would the Pats trade a 2nd round pick for a 5th? They have essentially bought a nice house, and then remodeled it some. He's worth a 1st easy imo.

Also leave Brooks alone, dude's been one of the few bright spots this early season.
[ Edited by WINiner on Sep 26, 2016 at 4:08 PM ]
I would absolutely love to trade for garopollo.

Not down with cutting brooks. He's playing at a very high level.
I love your mock though! Garrett would instantly make this team a great pass rushing threat and Logan would drastically improve the run game. Floyd can be that big physical WR threat for us and K.Wright can be a good under the radar signing that turns out to pay massive dividends. I dont know if ARZ will let Floyd go though if Fitzy retires

Also, i am a believer that Garappolo can be a great QB. He was highly rated coming out of college, spent his whole NFL career learning behind the #2 greatest QB of all time, and showed in his first two games that he can succeed in the NFL.

Changes i would make in the final 53 man roster would be to get rid of A.Davis (unless he restructures), keep gabbert as a backup and get rid of Brock and pick up a CB in FA,
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

If Garrett is drafted Brooks will get cut no matter how good he plays this year..as a matter of a fact if he is playing great by deadline time and the niners are 3-5 I wouldn't be surprised if he got traded..
Originally posted by jersey49er:

If Garrett is drafted Brooks will get cut no matter how good he plays this year..as a matter of a fact if he is playing great by deadline time and the niners are 3-5 I wouldn't be surprised if he got traded..

I don't think you cut Brooks. Will Garrett be able to play the run as well as Brooks? If we drafted Garrett I would think he would be a situational pass rusher at first eventually becoming the full time OLB.

I don't think you cut Brooks. Will Garrett be able to play the run as well as Brooks? If we drafted Garrett I would think he would be a situational pass rusher at first eventually becoming the full time OLB.

Idk man..he looks like he will start day 1 and play great against the run and rush the passer..I think Brooks will be the odd man out with Lynch, Tank, and Harold being the other 3 on the roster
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I don't get the obsession with Michael Floyd. Living out here in Phoenix I've gotten to see him play a lot and I hear a lot about what people say about him. I don't believe there is any way that he'll be worth the money. He has a tendency to simply vanish during games, makes some bad decisions when it comes to running routes, doesn't always run them with precision, makes some spectacular catches but then drops some real easy throws. He's been the beneficiary of a pass happy offense but I don't even see him in the same class as Crabtree as a WR. He's easily one of the most overrated WR's in the NFL.

Alshon Jeffery should be the 49ers priority A, B and C if he does hit free agency, he's the only credible #1 caliber WR that they might have a shot at outside of drafting one.

See I get what you are saying, but I don't think Jeffrey will be worth big money either because of durability concerns. The Bears are set to have $50 million in cap space once they dump Cutler so they have the money to sign him.

Chandler Jones is another overrated Card that will get overpaid.
[ Edited by FL9er on Sep 26, 2016 at 8:12 PM ]

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

If Garrett is drafted Brooks will get cut?? if that's the case he should've been cut a while ago when he was playing sub par. Keep Brooks and start Garrett on the other side, what's wrong with that??

If Garrett is drafted Brooks will get cut?? if that's the case he should've been cut a while ago when he was playing sub par. Keep Brooks and start Garrett on the other side, what's wrong with that??

Lynch is better than Brooks

Lynch is better than Brooks

Exactly Brooks was never cut bc tho he played bad he was still better then Harold and Lemonier, Tank wasn't at OLB yet..Garrett will instantly be an upgrade over Brooks..
Originally posted by WINiner:
Why would the Pats trade a 2nd round pick for a 5th? They have essentially bought a nice house, and then remodeled it some. He's worth a 1st easy imo.

Also leave Brooks alone, dude's been one of the few bright spots this early season.

The Pats will be getting a 2nd, 3rd, and 2 5th round picks..the 2nd will basically be a 1st considering it will be the 2nd pick in the 2nd round..as for Brooks
yes hes having a great start to the season but like I said come week 8 if he could be moved for say a 3rd round pick I will garentee he wont be a 49er..
Originally posted by FL9er:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I don't get the obsession with Michael Floyd. Living out here in Phoenix I've gotten to see him play a lot and I hear a lot about what people say about him. I don't believe there is any way that he'll be worth the money. He has a tendency to simply vanish during games, makes some bad decisions when it comes to running routes, doesn't always run them with precision, makes some spectacular catches but then drops some real easy throws. He's been the beneficiary of a pass happy offense but I don't even see him in the same class as Crabtree as a WR. He's easily one of the most overrated WR's in the NFL.

Alshon Jeffery should be the 49ers priority A, B and C if he does hit free agency, he's the only credible #1 caliber WR that they might have a shot at outside of drafting one.

See I get what you are saying, but I don't think Jeffrey will be worth big money either because of durability concerns. The Bears are set to have $50 million in cap space once they dump Cutler so they have the money to sign him.

Chandler Jones is another overrated Card that will get overpaid.

I agree with this..Jeffery might not hit the open market to where I think Floyd does considering all the free agents they have id sign b4 Floyd..and Jefferys durability issues..1 thing I thought of is I'm sure if Floyd got the targets as a number 1 he would be a lot better..right now with the skilled players the cards have hes prob the 3rd-4th option..but like you saidPhoenix you have seen him play a lot more then me so maybe your right..
Share 49ersWebzone