There are 172 users in the forums

Geek's Sepember Mock Plan

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blm7754:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Why are people so eager to cut productive veteran players under good contracts? If you want to win you need depth.

This. Especially Brooks. Yeah, he's one of the higher paid players on the team. But he's consistently pretty good. Not an all-star pass rusher, but he's a very good all around player. You don't cut guys like that.

Yeah he's a consistently good, not great, player for us. But when you compare his 2017 salary to others of his peer set, players like Ryan Kerrigan, Michael Bennett, and Connor Barwin are comparable players with comparable salaries. And when you look at their output, they are much more productive vs. Ahmad Brooks.

And then comes the question...continue to pay him and extend Lynch or extend Lynch (using Ahmad Brooks salary savings) and jump on a Chandler Jones type pass rusher that's a near superstar at the position?

Brooks is going to be 33 in the off-season, and his days as a dependable starter are nearing. Now can we restructure and use him as a role player? That would be ideal. But I'm not sure if he'd be on board with that.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Some interesting things in there. I'm not sold on Watson. Yet.

How about TE? We need that sure-handed, decent blocking/size outlet when the QB is scrambling and looking for a much-needed 3rd down conversion.

What happens to NT Williams?

I don't think Baalke gives up on his selections yet - McDonald and Bell. Plus, we need WRs more than TEs right now.

Williams is let go - dude just can't stay healthy. Love the guy, but at some point you just gotta stop trying.

Bennie Logan would be his replacement, and Logan is outstanding against the run.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
I'm assuming you cut Kaep. He wasnt on your roster. But wasn't cut. I like all of it
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fan49:
I'm assuming you cut Kaep. He wasnt on your roster. But wasn't cut. I like all of it

He was cut. Top of the post.
Share 49ersWebzone