LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Geek's Sepember Mock Plan

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Cuts - Kap, Brooks, Bethea, Martin ($30M in savings)

Retire - Davis ($2M in savings)

Resign - Gabbert, McDonald, Patton, Dawson, Tiller, Ponder, Armstrong ($20M in salary)

Free Agency -

Michael Floyd - WR - Cardinals | Big, physical, and fast, we've been lacking this type of weapon for a long time.

Bennie Logan - DT/NT - Eagles | Gamble/Kelly connection. Solid run defender and perfect nose tackle talent. We move on from Williams and Dorsey.

Kiko Alonso - ILB - Dolphins | Gamble/Kelly connection. Productive interior LB that would compete with Armstrong and Hodges for a staring spot.

Chandler Jones - DE/OLB - Cardinals | Whip out the stupid money for this signing. Huge upgrade to Brooks.

NFL Draft -

R1: Deshaun Watson - QB - Clemson | The new QB of the future for Kelly and the 49ers. He'll bring great excitement to our offense.

R2: Travis Rudolph - WR - Florida St | A trio of Floyd-Smith-Rudolph with Patton and Rogers as reserves is DANGEROUS.

R3: Wayne Gallman - RB - Clemson | We draft Watson's buddy to create a classic 1-2-3 punch with Hyde, Gallman, and Davis.

R4-R7: Center, Swing Tackle, Inside LB, Safety positions of BPA value

Proposed Depth Chart -

QB: Watson/Gabbert/Ponder
RB: Hyde/Gallman/Davis
TE: McDonald/Celek/Bell

WR: Floyd/Rogers
WR: Smith/Patton
WR: Rudolph

LT: Staley/Theus
LG: Garnett/Beadles
C: Kilgore/Rookie
RG: Tiller/Cooper
RT: Brown

LE: Armstead/Dial
NT: Logan/Purcell
RE: Buckner/Blair

OLB: Lynch/Harold
ILB: Bowman/Hodges
ILB: Alonso/Armstrong/Skov
ILB: Jones/Carradine

CB: Brock/Redmond/Reaser
CB: Ward/Robinson/Davis
FS: Reid/Cromartie
SS: Tartt/Johnson

ST: Dawson, Pinion, Nelson
[ Edited by GEEK on Sep 24, 2016 at 1:20 PM ]
Where do we finish in draft order, and where do we need to get to, in order to draft Watson?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Where do we finish in draft order, and where do we need to get to, in order to draft Watson?

I'm assuming top 5. Gabbert and Kap + injuries that pile up this season = top 5 pick.

Browns get #1 overall, and they go for the ND QB.
Some interesting things in there. I'm not sold on Watson. Yet.

How about TE? We need that sure-handed, decent blocking/size outlet when the QB is scrambling and looking for a much-needed 3rd down conversion.

What happens to NT Williams?
I'd love it if everything you put happened..would be amazing but 1st I think the cards either sign Floyd or Jones to a big money contract..no way they lose them both..Watson is my guy too..Rudolh would look great in the slot in chips offense too but if they sign Floyd I think they wait on a WR later in the draft..prob would go pass rusher there ..maybe Devinte Fields out of Louisville or a do it all back like Mccaffery would be great..but great job and like I said I'd have no complaints at all if this mock came true 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Kiko Alonso plays for the Dolphins and Bones Jones brother isn't worth big money.
I don't think they are gonna be bad enough. They don't look worse than Cleveland or Chicago right now.
Originally posted by Chibamarines:
I don't think they are gonna be bad enough. They don't look worse than Cleveland or Chicago right now.

I don't see Chicago going after Watson anyway. Not John fox's style of football. The kid from Miami kayaa is more this style.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Why are people so eager to cut productive veteran players under good contracts? If you want to win you need depth.
  • cools
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Some interesting things in there. I'm not sold on Watson. Yet.

How about TE? We need that sure-handed, decent blocking/size outlet when the QB is scrambling and looking for a much-needed 3rd down conversion.

What happens to NT Williams?

J.Cameron, Miami Dolpins, free agent to be, California guy

At QB im going with bold prediction that Garoppolo will be a Niner

Originally posted by NYniner85:
I don't see Chicago going after Watson anyway. Not John fox's style of football. The kid from Miami kayaa is more this style.

They will take the bigger playmaker period which is Watson. There's a whole lot of stinky teams. I don't see the Niners being bad enough to get any of these guys without a trade.
I like it. Except I don't want to see our QB of the future start as a rookie. Just no.

I fully expect either Gabbert or Kaepernick to prove themselves this season to be a serviceable starter for another year at least.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Why are people so eager to cut productive veteran players under good contracts? If you want to win you need depth.

This. Especially Brooks. Yeah, he's one of the higher paid players on the team. But he's consistently pretty good. Not an all-star pass rusher, but he's a very good all around player. You don't cut guys like that.
FYI link

http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/9/24/13034240/2016-nfl-mock-draft-49ers-wide-receivers-mike-williams

Thoughts??
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
FYI link

http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/9/24/13034240/2016-nfl-mock-draft-49ers-wide-receivers-mike-williams

Thoughts??

Fournette and Foster would be hard to pass up.
Share 49ersWebzone