LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Rather Draft an Impact Player over QB

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The 49ers drafting a QB? Does Baalke know what to look for? He can draft a DB but stays away for drafting quarterbacks, why? The only reason I can think of is that he can't, he does not grade them at all. If Chip and Gamble make a power play and instal Gamble as the next GM watch us draft a QB in the first three rounds.

There is no evidence to suggest he cannot. And rumor has it Baalke preferred Dalton to Kap in 2011. Dalton has arguably turned out to be the 2nd best QB from that class (after Cam).
we NEED to groom a QB for the future, even if Gabbert has a strong season , or if Kaeperknick starts playing at a high level again , we still need to grab a QB , and develop him for the long run ,I'm envious of the Eagles and the current success they are enjoying, granted it was the Browns and Bears, but Wentz is showing glimpses of being a franchise QB , we need a QB that will keep us competitive , and if we do take one in the 1st round , we need to bring him along slowly , but if our offensive line is strong enough, then play him right away, it would make sense to throw him into the fire and get thing s rolling
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The 49ers drafting a QB? Does Baalke know what to look for?

Well it was reported that he preferred Andy Dalton over Kaepernick. In the end Harbaugh got the QB he wanted and so will Chip Kelly.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
we NEED to groom a QB for the future, even if Gabbert has a strong season , or if Kaeperknick starts playing at a high level again , we still need to grab a QB , and develop him for the long run ,I'm envious of the Eagles and the current success they are enjoying, granted it was the Browns and Bears, but Wentz is showing glimpses of being a franchise QB , we need a QB that will keep us competitive , and if we do take one in the 1st round , we need to bring him along slowly , but if our offensive line is strong enough, then play him right away, it would make sense to throw him into the fire and get thing s rolling
Every bit of this here. And not another 7th rounder either. We need a QB from the 1st (move up if we have to), no later than early/mid 2nd. I'd rather we sit him for a season behind Kaep/Gabbert, and a decent vet. That should be the plan.

You think there's a lot of fire-Baalke-now hate now, you just wait to see what'll happen if Baalke don't draft a QB in the top 2 rounds of the 2017 draft. Folks are gonna burn him in effigy.
Started assembling my big board. Knowing my lack of time, probably wont ever finish it

BUT, a lot of great DEFENSIVE players in this draft.

Ton of D-Line and Defensive backs in this draft. Might be one of the best drafts in years at those 2 areas
If we had a coach not named Chip Kelly I might agree with the op but that guy is never going to win with defense. He can only attract failed DC's from bottom dwelling organizations. His pacing goes against good defensive play.

He plays offensive football and needs his qb. You can make the case for qb with any coach it's the most important spot but with a coach who plays to offense you better have one. I know he won with some ducks but the league adjusts. He needs talent now.
Share 49ersWebzone