There are 175 users in the forums

Davis Webb, QB, California (formerly Texas Tech) 6'5 230 pounds

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
True but cmon lol. If Webb was on Alabama, he'd be a winner too.

Webb was in the soft Pac 12.
Originally posted by jcs:
Webb was in the soft Pac 12.

Yes he was. I see the argument you're making. I'm Not a fan of Webb in any way. But the Alabama comparison doesn't work. Literally any QB would be a winning QB on Alabama.
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Mar 6, 2017 at 7:12 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Yes he was. I see the argument you're making. I'm Not a fan of Webb in any way. But the Alabama comparison doesn't work. Literally any QB would be a winning QB on Alabama.

In the end yes...but McCarron has 2 national titles and was part of 3. Just seeing what happened this year should tell you that it's not automatic that Alabama is going to win it all.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Are we finally going to draft a cal kid? Or is this team Stanford loyal? Either way, Davis is meh.

Maybe now that Baalke is gone they will get someone from Cal.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2698763-meet-davis-webb-the-nfl-draft-prospect-who-can-toss-it-75-yards-with-ease
There is something about this guy...
If he is there in the third round I would take him
[ Edited by Judge82Dredd on Mar 20, 2017 at 5:48 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Judge82Dredd:

I'd wait until the 4th but I agree he has talent.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2698763-meet-davis-webb-the-nfl-draft-prospect-who-can-toss-it-75-yards-with-ease

When people start focusing on a QB's arm strength and overlooking that they struggle to throw with any sort of accuracy, that is pretty much the kiss of death historically.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:

I'd wait until the 4th but I agree he has talent.

He very well could go mid to late 2nd RD. If he's still on the board top of RD3, I could see Shanny/Lynch drafting him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

When people start focusing on a QB's arm strength and overlooking that they struggle to throw with any sort of accuracy, that is pretty much the kiss of death historically.

Oh I agree arm strength is low on needs for a qb

Co-sign
I would be fine with him as a mid-late round pick. Definitely got the best arm in the draft I have seen in a while.

So get the guy with better arm strength and freakish ball placement, who chased Webb out of TT.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

So get the guy with better arm strength and freakish ball placement, who chased Webb out of TT.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2699296-insider-buzz-cal-qb-davis-webb-drawing-interest-as-1st-round-pick
Share 49ersWebzone