There are 211 users in the forums

Davis Webb, QB, California (formerly Texas Tech) 6'5 230 pounds

• HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by HERN:
After many many many hours invested in scouting Webb, I've come to the conclusion that his most comparable NFL QB is AJ McCarron.

After the combine we can come back and discuss the similar combine # they put up.

lol nice.

After the few min I've spent scouting him I'd guess 4th round talent without seeing his combine.

I see you come from the Baalke scouting tree.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
After many many many hours invested in scouting Webb, I've come to the conclusion that his most comparable NFL QB is AJ McCarron.

After the combine we can come back and discuss the similar combine # they put up.

lol nice.

After the few min I've spent scouting him I'd guess 4th round talent without seeing his combine.

Bruah it's just the begining. Lets wait for the combine before we crown him.
I think his ears slow him down.

• HERN
  • Veteran

lol nice.

Bruah it's just the begining. Lets wait for the combine before we crown him.

I literally compared him to AJ McCarron who was a 5th round pick. Not sure I'm crowning him BRUAH!!
Are we finally going to draft a cal kid? Or is this team Stanford loyal? Either way, Davis is meh.

lol nice.

Baalke scouting tree?
oh ok
Tom Brady was a 61.9% passer in his college career. Webb 61.5%

Russ Wilson avg 57% at NCState then he went to WIS his SR year and was a 72.8% passer. I wonder if having better coaches and players around him made a difference?

This morning I watched a few games worth of his passes. I didn't see more than a few times that he was not accurate. It looks like he can make all the throws.

Not sure were this inaccuracy is coming from. If you'd care to share some bad highlights of him I'll watch.

Tom Brady didn't play in a spread offense.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Oh no. Not the Cal hype train again. It's gotta be somebody, I guess.
It would be amazing if we drafted Webb and he became amazing while Goff becomes an epic bust. We would get the better cal QB without trading away the farm.
Originally posted by genus49:
Tom Brady didn't play in a spread offense.

This. 61% from a QB in a pro style offense? Okay. 61% in an Air Raid? Oh hell no.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 18, 2017 at 8:32 AM ]

Any word on he has done during the Combine?
Originally posted by asu49ers:
Any word on he has done during the Combine?

Didn't look that great to me. His feet/drop back need work. Good for us. Can grab him in the fifth or so now. Might be a fourth.
I literally compared him to AJ McCarron who was a 5th round pick. Not sure I'm crowning him BRUAH!!

Not sure how you got that comparison. AJ is accurate and came from a pro style offense but doesn't really got a strong arm . Webb is the opposite. Strong arm, inaccurate, air raid offense.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

Not sure how you got that comparison. AJ is accurate and came from a pro style offense but doesn't really got a strong arm . Webb is the opposite. Strong arm, inaccurate, air raid offense.
McCarron was also a winner in college. Webb was 5-7 this year.
Originally posted by jcs:
McCarron was also a winner in college. Webb was 5-7 this year.

True but cmon lol. If Webb was on Alabama, he'd be a winner too.
Share 49ersWebzone