LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 318 users in the forums

Davis Webb, QB, California (formerly Texas Tech) 6'5 230 pounds

Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
Size, mobility, release, pretty downfield throws. He'll make a meteoric rise up the boards this year. Starred in Cal's upset win vs. Texas.

Does need to work on his footwork and gets into bad habits like throwing off his back foot. Pick 6 vs. SDSU was bad.

Him vs. Patrick Mahomes as draft prospects should be interesting.

You called it! I think you are right on both accounts. Webb and Mahomes will be the fast risers as the draft approaches. I think one if not both end up being drafted in the top of the 2nd or bottom of the 1st rounds.
It would be nice to finally get some Cal Bears on the team.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Sign Schaub and Hoyer, draft this dude to sit for 2 years. Super Bowl 2020
Guys don't fall for the random exec saying he's the best qb in the draft.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

First..great screen name. second..who is the executive and what team does he represent...He doesnt want webb..Trying to get other Qb needy teams with a higher draft pick to take someone else like webb so they can get their qb..what a crock
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

Webb looks good not great. With a good coach maybe he could become something. You can't teach 6-5 230. Has a nice deep ball and touch. Good pocket skills. Makes some dumb throws.
Has nimble feet for his 6'5 frame. Can't decide if he could be Montana-ish or more like Nick Foles.

He's better tools than Foles though.
Originally posted by SoCold:
You can't teach 6-5 230.

The typical big body/big arm/cant hit the broadside of the barn prospect.

Dude threw a higher percentage of his passes under 10 yards than any other QB in the draft and still completed less than 62% of them......in an Air Raid.

Anytime I hear people talk up how "BIG" a QB is or how "BIG" their arm is, as opposed to simply praising their ability to consistently get the football from Point A to B with accuracy, they usually turn out to be a flop.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 17, 2017 at 9:31 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Dude threw a higher percentage of his passes under 10 yards than any other QB in the draft and still completed less than 62% of them......in an Air Raid.

Out of curiosity, is there a website that gives analytics on passes thrown under 10 yards?
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Out of curiosity, is there a website that gives analytics on passes thrown under 10 yards?

PFF and FootballOutsiders keep track of it, in a few weeks there should be detailed charts for the top 6 or 7 QBs in the draft.

PFF and FootballOutsiders keep track of it, in a few weeks there should be detailed charts for the top 6 or 7 QBs in the draft.

Will you change your mind if Peterman throws a similar amount of passes under 10 yards?
Will you change your mind if Peterman throws a similar amount of passes under 10 yards?

Peterman is a different type of quarterback playing in a different style of offense. Not nearly as boom or bust. If you draft Peterman I think you at minimum get a guy who will be a quality backup.

Webb to me isnt much different from guys like Zach Mettenberger and John Skelton, big bodied, big armed QBs that could never put it together, drafted on their physical traits above all else.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
3rd times I've seen this kid (CaL)... from the Hawaii game to this Arizona State, this kid looks UNREAL!!!

HE THE ONE !!!
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
You can't teach 6-5 230.

Anytime I hear people talk up how "BIG" a QB is or how "BIG" their arm is, as opposed to simply praising their ability to consistently get the football from Point A to B with accuracy, they usually turn out to be a flop.

That's nice honey. Why did you only quote part of my post?

Webb looks good not great. With a good coach maybe he could become something. You can't teach 6-5 230. Has a nice deep ball and touch. Good pocket skills. Makes some dumb throws.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
You can't teach 6-5 230.

That's nice honey. Why did you only quote part of my post?

So you would waste a late 1st or early 2nd round pick on a guy that may become something instead of spending that pick on a qb that is further ahead in development? Solid plan.
Share 49ersWebzone