LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

KD Cannon WR, Baylor

Looks like this years Corey Coleman, except may not be as good. I remember him standing out last year while I watched Coleman play and he's looking pretty good so far this year too. I think he'd fit our offense well coming from Baylor. 5'10" - 6' depending who's telling the truth and can fly 4.3 range
I think we have plenty of small fast guys we need a good to WR IMO.
Plenty of small fast guys? Ellington is always hurt, Patton hasn't proven anything and Kerly is a rental. Cannon may be small and fast, but he's a better WR than the above guys, and we don't have much of those lol
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Plenty of small fast guys? Ellington is always hurt, Patton hasn't proven anything and Kerly is a rental. Cannon may be small and fast, but he's a better WR than the above guys, and we don't have much of those lol

You forget about Torry smith? We have speed we need a go to WR with size.

And why is kerley a rental, dude was a fine slot WR in NY until the new coaching staff wanted to go for big WRs across the board.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 17, 2016 at 3:11 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

You forget about Torry smith? We have speed we need a go to WR with size.

And why is kerley a rental, dude was a fine slot WR in NY until the new coaching staff wanted to go for big WRs across the board.

Our own QB'S forget about Torrey Smith. Are you suggesting that a WR has to be big to be a go to WR? Kerly is a rental because he's already up there in age and Cannon is better. And you're suggesting the same in wanting bigger so how is Kerly fine but Cannon isn't?
Our own QB'S forget about Torrey Smith. Are you suggesting that a WR has to be big to be a go to WR? Kerly is a rental because he's already up there in age and Cannon is better. And you're suggesting the same in wanting bigger so how is Kerly fine but Cannon isn't?

Because I said we had a bunch of quick slot guys already that's why kerley is fine...since when is 27 old at WR lol? What we don't have is that one go to WR, what's wrong with having a bigger body that creates miss matches and has a good size catch radius? It's not like our current QB is super accurate to begin with.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 17, 2016 at 4:58 PM ]

Because I said we had a bunch of quick slot guys already that's why kerley is fine...since when is 27 old at WR lol? What we don't have is that one go to WR, what's wrong with having a bigger body that creates miss matches and has a good size catch radius? It's not like our current QB is super accurate to begin with.

I never said old, I said up there, in a few years he'll lose a step. Nothing is wrong with that a bigger body, my only argument is that just because Cannon isn't 6'3" doesn't mean he can't be a #1 WR. Antonio Brown and OBJ is Cannons size, I'd take both over any "Big Bodied" WR all day. Who do you suggest BTW that fits your description?

I agree with you there, our QB'S accuracy is horrific. That's why I'm assuming we'll miss out on Mike Williams because we'll be selecting a QB first

I never said old, I said up there, in a few years he'll lose a step. Nothing is wrong with that a bigger body, my only argument is that just because Cannon isn't 6'3" doesn't mean he can't be a #1 WR. Antonio Brown and OBJ is Cannons size, I'd take both over any "Big Bodied" WR all day. Who do you suggest BTW that fits your description?

I'd rather go the FA route someone like Floyd could be a good fit for us IMO. I don trust Baalke on WRs
I'd rather go the FA route someone like Floyd could be a good fit for us IMO. I don trust Baalke on WRs

Good point on both. Would love floyd

KD is a good kid with a lot of talent loves to play ball. Not sure how his talent translates to the NFL tho. I've known him a few years now and always thought he would be a stud WR. He's coming on slow imo and I think he needs another year.

I'd take Julio over Beckham Jr or Brown. Similar production to Brown and he has Matt Ryan at QB instead of Roethlisberger which is a big dropoff. Brown is still probably the 2nd best WR in the league so your point stands that smaller receivers can be go to guys. I like the idea of getting Floyd/Jeffery in free agency too.
He might struggle learning the NFL route tree but his speed and athleticism are great.
[ Edited by Baylor on Sep 17, 2016 at 10:09 PM ]
Cannon needs some more love on the forum. Pure explosiveness on the football field. He's a gamechanging sort of player and depending on who the 49ers have at QB, could be a very useful weapon. He's a guy that defenses would have to account for on every snap. As some have mentioned, he's still fairly limited as a route runner which is something I'm never a big fan of but I like what I've seen from him overall, he'd be a nice weapon for an offense that currently lacks them.

Lack of QB play and the crazy s**t around Baylor hurt this kid most..I remember him as a freshman and hearing he's a 1st rounder and better then Coleman..just like Stacy Coley I think he could be a steal in the 4th..
Share 49ersWebzone