Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Everything is falling into place!!!

Josh Rosen
Sam Darnold
Josh Allen
Baker Mayfield

..........and now Lamar Jackson, the circle is complete Calvin Ridley or Roquan Smith will be ours!!!

Add Quentin Nelson and Josh Jackson. I would be surprised if the Niners pick wasnt one of those 4

If you add Landry into the mix, I'd agree.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Everything is falling into place!!!

Josh Rosen
Sam Darnold
Josh Allen
Baker Mayfield

..........and now Lamar Jackson, the circle is complete Calvin Ridley or Roquan Smith will be ours!!!

Add Quentin Nelson and Josh Jackson. I would be surprised if the Niners pick wasnt one of those 4

If you add Landry into the mix, I'd agree.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

Did Josh Allen even win that much? Lamar won that's for sure. Kiper needs to be removed from ESPN. Dude is only good at setting up a big board for the bachelor apparently

Both QBs largely carried their teams. One guy actually stepped up and performed well vs better competition. Both Kiper and Polian are senile as hell.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Both QBs largely carried their teams. One guy actually stepped up and performed well vs better competition. Both Kiper and Polian are senile as hell.

Phoenix being the QB guy that you are all they're pretty much are saying is they don't Jackson will be a legit starting NFL QB. I have no problem with it but I'd be scared for Jackson if he goes to a team that doesn't have a QB guru for atleast 3 years straight.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Lol
Originally posted by Furlow:

Lol

I think he's really trying to say is too short and too inaccurate at the same time which I guess is a done deal for them.
It's clear that neither Kiper or Polian have watched any Lamar Jackson film this season. He's my QB3 behind mayfield and Rosen. He's better than Deshaun Watson as a college QB coming out and can have a similar impact on an NFL team imo

Originally posted by Dillesq:
It's clear that neither Kiper or Polian have watched any Lamar Jackson film this season. He's my QB3 behind mayfield and Rosen. He's better than Deshaun Watson as a college QB coming out and can have a similar impact on an NFL team imo

Gonna take the right coach and tailor an offense to him in order to come along and have a chance IMO.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by Dillesq:

Gonna take the right coach and tailor an offense to him in order to come along and have a chance IMO.

All that you're saying here is that he needs a good coach. And yeah, i agree. But that's the same for every QB. The best coaches make sure to build around their player's strengths. No reason to try and fit s square peg into a circle.

Mariota was bad in the titans offense this year bc they try to fit him in a system instead of building a system that fits him. On the other hand, nick Foles won the super bowl bc his coach was able to build around his strengths. Look at how McCvay turned Goff around.

Where i don't agree is that teams will have to move mountains for Lamar to "have a chance". He's not some special case that needs special attention. His biggest issue is inconsistent accuracy due to bad footwork. That can be fixed.

He's going to tear up the NFL with good receivers. Just like with Watson last year, these media talking heads will eat their words. Especially when Josh allen becomes Kyle Boller

Watch this clip of Matt Waldman (one of the best in the biz) break it down

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2017/12/30/rsp-film-room-no-119-qbs-lamar-jackson-and-josh-allen-in-the-pocket/
[ Edited by Dillesq on Feb 22, 2018 at 3:25 AM ]
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
I think he's really trying to say is too short and too inaccurate at the same time which I guess is a done deal for them.

Jackson is 6'3"...how is that too short? These dudes are trippin.
I like how they seem to ignore the improvements Jackson made in 1 offseason of work. While Darnold and Allen regressed when trying to work on their weaknesses. I'm not saying Jackson is going to be a superstar but he has all the tools to be one. I would take him over Allen that's for sure.
Sounds like Lamar doesn't have an agent and his mother will be helping him thru the nfl draft process
Share 49ersWebzone