LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 307 users in the forums

Lamar Jackson QB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Lamar Jackson MAY be a good NFL Qb, but he isn't near ready for the NFL yet. He really needs to refine his throwing and become more accurate. He has tons of talent and potential, but he needs to really focus on becoming a better passer.

Btw he didn't deserve that Heisman Trophy, Watson by far did, he was just having a little slump in the season and that took the trophy from him. If the award was given out after the National Championship, it would of been his no questions asked.

No one that throws sub 60% completion percentage deserves the heisman lol thats embarrassing.
He's 19

I didn't want to use his age as an excuse but the fact that he did all of this as a 19 year old is nuts! There are kids that are turning 19 during their senior year in high school as hold backs (where parents hold them back a year so that they are older and more mature for football or other sports).
Originally posted by ninerAxe:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by 49erGlory:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
What top QB's don't come from a spread offense now days? With that completion % he still managed to throw 30 TD's to just 9 Int's and snag the Heisman trophy?

Must be doing something right.

15 Heisman Trophy winners have gone undrafted. All it says is that you played well in college, it says nothing about what kind of player you will be in the NFL.

Jackson is a perfect QB for the college game, might be the best gimmick QB ever but he is going to flop in the NFL if he doesnt focus less on being a runner and more as a passer.

If he tries running as much in the NFL as he does in college he will find himself on the injured list in short order.

I agree with you 10000000%...I'd stay away from LJ like the plague in the draft, unless he improves as a passing QB dramatically next year. I can't believe people were comparing him to D. Watson last year. With that said, he's maybe one of, if not THE most gifted athletic QB i've ever seen in college FB and that's crazy to say but he runs like he was shot out of a cannon I mean that kid is ridiculous!! I would SERIOUSLY love to see him convert to RB/WR/return man and become the new "Slash" on steroids (not literally on steroids of course lol)

yep, much better QBs in the 2018 draft that fit Shanahan's scheme better. Darnold (if he comes out), Rosen, and Browning are all great fits

Luke Falk too if he hasnt been concussed playing another year behind his o-line.

*concussed AGAIN...
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by ninerAxe:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by 49erGlory:
What top QB's don't come from a spread offense now days? With that completion % he still managed to throw 30 TD's to just 9 Int's and snag the Heisman trophy?

Must be doing something right.

15 Heisman Trophy winners have gone undrafted. All it says is that you played well in college, it says nothing about what kind of player you will be in the NFL.

Jackson is a perfect QB for the college game, might be the best gimmick QB ever but he is going to flop in the NFL if he doesnt focus less on being a runner and more as a passer.

If he tries running as much in the NFL as he does in college he will find himself on the injured list in short order.

I agree with you 10000000%...I'd stay away from LJ like the plague in the draft, unless he improves as a passing QB dramatically next year. I can't believe people were comparing him to D. Watson last year. With that said, he's maybe one of, if not THE most gifted athletic QB i've ever seen in college FB and that's crazy to say but he runs like he was shot out of a cannon I mean that kid is ridiculous!! I would SERIOUSLY love to see him convert to RB/WR/return man and become the new "Slash" on steroids (not literally on steroids of course lol)

yep, much better QBs in the 2018 draft that fit Shanahan's scheme better. Darnold (if he comes out), Rosen, and Browning are all great fits

Luke Falk too if he hasnt been concussed playing another year behind his o-line.

*concussed AGAIN...

LJ will be the #1 pick next year.
God lord one guy is trying so hard to keep this thread afloat lol.

When he actually reads defensives, throws with accuracy, and makes plays on a constant basis then he can be talked about as a real qb...because his play last yr was not that of a NFL caliber qb imo
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 28, 2017 at 2:39 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

When he actually reads defensives, throws with accuracy, and makes plays on a constant basis then he can be talked about as a real qb...because his play last yr was not that of a NFL caliber qb imo

Incoming stats post 3....2....1
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Incoming stats post 3....2....1

Until he looks like a real qb...

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 28, 2017 at 2:40 PM ]

What exactly is reading defensives? See now you are just making stuff up, LJ can't read it if it doesn't exist!

One guy trying really hard to discredit the work of a 19 year old phenom... j/k
What exactly is reading defensives? See now you are just making stuff up, LJ can't read it if it doesn't exist!

Oh you know going through progressions, playing out of the pocket, not focusing on one read and if that doesn't work run. When he becomes a actual qb then I'll be glad to talk about him

As of right now he's a RB that's allowed to throw the ball.

Love for him to improve as a passer, we will see

Oh you know going through progressions, playing out of the pocket, not focusing on one read and if that doesn't work run. When he becomes a actual qb then I'll be glad to talk about him

As of right now he's a RB that's allowed to throw the ball.

Love for him to improve as a passer, we will see

Oh, you meant reading defenses, not reading defensives.

Gotcha!
They got this guy ranked #3 QB coming out next year!

Seems low based on what he did!

He should be lucky he's even that...I got like 5 qbs over him easy.

Same
This guy is a athlete playing the QB position.
Athlete first
QB second

It may work in college, but if he thinks he is going to bring the same style of play he is running now to the NFL...
Oh man
Originally posted by Quest4six:

Same
This guy is a athlete playing the QB position.
Athlete first
QB second

It may work in college, but if he thinks he is going to bring the same style of play he is running now to the NFL...
Oh man

Yup, I could careless how many yards he runs for....been there done that and I'm over it.

Kyle wants a pure passing QB. Someone that can run the play-action, make pre-snap reads and call protections. He wants someone that actually has to scan the whole field. I've have had enough of this read-option BS. Jackson isn't even acturate for a spread offense imo. He's got a TON of work to do.

He wants a Kirk cousins type of QB not a RG3.
Yup, I could careless how many yards he runs for....been there done that and I'm over it.

Kyle wants a pure passing QB. Someone that can run the play-action, make pre-snap reads and call protections. He wants someone that actually has to scan the whole field. I've have had enough of this read-option BS. Jackson isn't even acturate for a spread offense imo. He's got a TON of work to do.

I really do think he has the ability to be a pretty good receiver in the NFL if he starts working on his route running right now.

I really do think he has the ability to be a pretty good receiver in the NFL if he starts working on his route running right now.

I do agree, he's an athlete and has a better shot at a long NFL career as a WR
Share 49ersWebzone